• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we going to find out social media is more harmful than schedule I/II drugs down the road?

Hip Hop

Honestly I believe your whole post OP. It’s the reason why I don’t have any Social Media, even as being tech savvy as I am. It has to be harmful in many ways.

Myspace was the last time I had something like that.

I dont need to show off, I dont need validation. And I have things that people would thumbs up on a post, no facade, like most people on social media. And the cancel culture and all the other bullshit that comes with it. I just don’t see it as something positive to do. Im living my life and thats it.

Porcile

I have no idea why Facebook and Twitter doesn't have an option to stop people liking your posts and sharing them etc. I guess they know those are the dopamine hits people crave.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I have no idea why Facebook and Twitter doesn't have an option to stop people liking your posts and sharing them etc. I guess they know those are the dopamine hits people crave.

On Facebook you can limit who shares your posts (and who sees them). Their filtering is actually decent. Instagram has a setting where only people who follow you can even reply to your posts and even then you can "restrict" people so they can still see your stuff but their replies are automatically hidden so if they want to troll they're shouting into the void. Both FB and IG are actually not terrible to tune out the psychopaths.

Twitter is simply a dumpster fire that's not salvageable. It should be deleted from the internet.

BigBooper

That's like asking if lettuce is healthier than oranges. It depends what you're deficient in. Society is deficient in mental stability right now, so at the moment I do think it's worse for society.

INC

Social media has ruined social behaviour and interactions for the new generation, and given every prick a platform to spout utter bollocks

Whereas drugs I've had some of my best social interactions lol

CAB_Life

It's the cause of at least a half dozen new mental illnesses of which we know already. Imagine how many more are gestating or unknown.

Top Bottom