• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there legitimate games on PC that look better than demons souls?

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
wait it looks worse the closer you get to the ground I didn't even know that LOL.

Yeah. It depends on where you are flying really. Apparently some places are more detailed than others, and they have brought updates out to update some additional places. Incredible looking game, it really is impressive how you can fly all over the world in such detail.

When it concerns subjectivity, you are right. And I tend to stay away from that. But when you start talking about specifics of what does what and what graphics engines are doing, I have to step in as a professional and clear things up.
but that's not what you're doing you're mad at people for thinking demon souls is the best looking game they've ever seen. Who cares if they feel that way? I don't remember posts like this from you when professional journalists were calling gears 5 the best looking game ever made never mind just random people on neogaf. I don't remember you coming in to say PC games are better or whatever other crap. In fact it's the only recent example I can think of where game journalists called a game the best looking game of all time. Your problem always seems to be that people who like Sony games on here think they're really good looking, which is like fine I feel like you should have your say but not if it's that your opinion is factual in theirs isn't but again I question why it doesn't matter to you that professional media outlets with far bigger audiences than a neogaf poster say things like this.

All games take full advantage of PC hardware. The PC isn't a closed platform. Its' an open platform and always will be. A game that doesn't exercise the GPU well enough will show during a profile. A game like AC:Valhalla, for example, uses over 96% of the GPUs bandwidth and compute power. It's a very well optimized game for an open platform game that compiles to many other platforms.

You guys are misled into thinking the PC "should" be optimized like a console. It never will be but should always be fully utilized. That's the reason why it outperforms consoles and offers better graphics features.
No, I wasn't thinking of optimization. I'm just always amazed at the demo's the engine guys make and it's almost always the best looking stuff. I just feel like hardware for hardware, there is no way consoles should be able to keep up. Like if lets say Uncharted 4 was made for PC only, I think that game would look amazingly better at least I think it should. I'm not just talking about higher resolution or better frame rates. Bigger world, more NPCs, more particles, just more of everything and even better. Or I might just not be understanding PC hardware.

I'm not buying that at all honestly. Especially with your post history in this regard. But whatever you think makes you look and feel better. I never said he's Jesus Christ himself, I just pointed out the fact that you are slick dissing him and his credentials is all. You don't know what I want or any of that, which is irrelevant, and trying to switch the focus to me, for whatever reason you are trying to evade? Again, I'm just pointing out the obvious, no need to get bent out of shape over it. You don't have to be able to afford a PC to realize why it is the defacto of gaming hardware, it's just annoying to hear y'all try and downplay it because your wearing rose tinted/sony fanboy glasses. That is all.
I didn't dismiss his credentials I told you he's not a video game developer he's not going to tell you different. I said if we're going to do appeal to authority fallacy we might as well get the opinions of video game developers. But I was still acknowledging it's a fallacy and I don't subscribe to it the whole point was to meet him on his playing field. If you guys really think experience means so much then surely any video game developer could come in here and override his viewpoint since he's never developed a video game.

VFXVeteran

Banned
but that's not what you're doing you're mad at people for thinking demon souls is the best looking game they've ever seen. Who cares if they feel that way?

I was addressing you though. We already know the Sony guys will always speak highly of a PS exclusive. I've not seen a single post from a Sony warrior EVER stating that a 3rd party game is the best looking game out of all the PS exclusives. EVER. That already tells you that one can't really take you guys too seriously.

Your problem always seems to be that people who like Sony games on here think they're really good looking, which is like fine I feel like you should have your say but not if it's that your opinion is factual in theirs isn't but again I question why it doesn't matter to you that professional media outlets with far bigger audiences than a neogaf poster say things like this.

I got upset with YOU specifically because you mention my name by trying to discredit my involvment in game development simply because I don't WORK at a gaming company. Despite you knowing my professional history and clearly knowing I can talk with authority on many things concerning realtime engines and graphics in general. It was a stab at me without having a clue just how close I'm working with this stuff every day. It would go down a lot better if you were to ask me something instead of assuming you know my mindframe. If any other developer came on here, you wouldn't approach them in this manner. It's simply offensive and will definitely get me to pound the battle drum.

Sony warriors can state all day every day that their box produces the best visuals - subjectively/biased, etc.. But I draw the line when it comes to trying to state specific things in the game and trying to connect the dots to the visuals. I get paid to make those specific things in order to enhance visuals so I would know more about it. That's just the way it is man.

I didn't dismiss his credentials I told you he's not a video game developer he's not going to tell you different. I said if we're going to do appeal to authority fallacy we might as well get the opinions of video game developers. But I was still acknowledging it's a fallacy and I don't subscribe to it the whole point was to meet him on his playing field. If you guys really think experience means so much then surely any video game developer could come in here and override his viewpoint since he's never developed a video game.
Why would a video game developer discredit or override his viewpoint? Did nxgamer or DF develop any games? Yet you're in all of those threads, for some odd reason? See where I'm going with this?

He obviously knows more than the majority of people on here, so to discredit him, shows a weakness or a fear of what he has to say. I'm not for censorship or discrediting people, it's a public forum for Christ sakes. If you can't accept the fact that ps5 is outdated compared to what's been out, currently out, or coming out, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not saying it's shit hardware or anything like that, and neither is he. The reality is, there will always be better on PC, as power limitations, cooling, clockspeed, etc, aren't limited compared to consoles. That's why visuals are pushed much higher on PC.

I was addressing you though. We already know the Sony guys will always speak highly of a PS exclusive. I've not seen a single post from a Sony warrior EVER stating that a 3rd party game is the best looking game out of all the PS exclusives. EVER. That already tells you that one can't really take you guys too seriously.

I got upset with YOU specifically because you mention my name by trying to discredit my involvment in game development simply because I don't WORK at a gaming company. Despite you knowing my professional history and clearly knowing I can talk with authority on many things concerning realtime engines and graphics in general. It was a stab at me without having a clue just how close I'm working with this stuff every day. It would go down a lot better if you were to ask me something instead of assuming you know my mindframe. If any other developer came on here, you wouldn't approach them in this manner. It's simply offensive and will definitely get me to pound the battle drum.

Sony warriors can state all day every day that their box produces the best visuals - subjectively/biased, etc.. But I draw the line when it comes to trying to state specific things in the game and trying to connect the dots to the visuals. I get paid to make those specific things in order to enhance visuals so I would know more about it. That's just the way it is man.
I'm normally behind you on this stuff the problem for me is your tone when you tell people that they're wrong for thinking something looks impressive. I actually think there have been a lot of good counterarguments in this thread stuff like metro Exodus and control with Ray tracing are some of the best looking games there are. I took issue with the people telling me flight simulator factually has better tech behind it. I'm sure you can agree with me but it's pretty factual that there are different tech targets for a game like that than these games. There's a reason why a game like demon souls or even control doesn't have the tech Ms flight simulator is using while being action games, you can pretty much do one or the other but you can't be doing both. Nothing could handle such a thing right now.

I sometimes even completely see what you're talking about, I'll see certain posters in certain threads and it seems like if the game isn't a Sony exclusive they aren't that impressed by it. I think your argument regarding that is fine but your post don't always read like that argument. I didn't mean to offend you it just felt like you were using your authority as a bludgeon so I suggested there could be even more authoritative figures than you posting here, for instance if the devs for metro Exodus are control came in here and decided to argue with you on this stuff and people were using the appeal to authority fallacy who would they listen to? Personally I would listen to both sides my point was not to say that I don't value what you're saying my point was I don't think someone's authority or knowledge should be used to shut down the opposing viewpoint unless we're in factual territory. Again this seems like a misunderstanding I was defending people's right to a subjective viewpoint if your main point is about tech behind the game then I'm not going to argue that too much besides what I was doing with flight simulator while I was making the point that there are very different tech targets for the two games.

Again I'm not here to be a jerk to you I like you as a poster and I was one of the few people who supported the idea of you starting a YouTube channel where you break down the tech behind PS5 games and stuff like that. I'm hoping we can both walk away from this feeling like it was simply a misunderstanding.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm normally behind you on this stuff the problem for me is your tone when you tell people that they're wrong for thinking something looks impressive. I actually think there have been a lot of good counterarguments in this thread stuff like metro Exodus and control with Ray tracing are some of the best looking games there are. I took issue with the people telling me flight simulator factually has better tech behind it. I'm sure you can agree with me but it's pretty factual that there are different tech targets for a game like that than these games. There's a reason why a game like demon souls or even control doesn't have the tech Ms flight simulator is using while being action games, you can pretty much do one or the other but you can't be doing both. Nothing could handle such a thing right now.

I sometimes even completely see what you're talking about, I'll see certain posters in certain threads and it seems like if the game isn't a Sony exclusive they aren't that impressed by it. I think your argument regarding that is fine but your post don't always read like that argument. I didn't mean to offend you it just felt like you were using your authority as a bludgeon so I suggested there could be even more authoritative figures than you posting here, for instance if the devs for metro Exodus are control came in here and decided to argue with you on this stuff and people were using the appeal to authority fallacy who would they listen to? Personally I would listen to both sides my point was not to say that I don't value what you're saying my point was I don't think someone's authority or knowledge should be used to shut down the opposing viewpoint unless we're in factual territory. Again this seems like a misunderstanding I was defending people's right to a subjective viewpoint if your main point is about tech behind the game then I'm not going to argue that too much besides what I was doing with flight simulator while I was making the point that there are very different tech targets for the two games.

Again I'm not here to be a jerk to you I like you as a poster and I was one of the few people who supported the idea of you starting a YouTube channel where you break down the tech behind PS5 games and stuff like that. I'm hoping we can both walk away from this feeling like it was simply a misunderstanding.

Fair enough.

I don't think a developer from any of these companies would have a problem with talking to me because we'd quickly start talking about details that they probably would get into trouble talking about. LOL! I've never argued with a developer over something technical. It either is or isn't. It's not subjective at all.

Concerning FS2020. That game has so much more in it's graphics engine I don't even want to think about all the subsystems they put in place there. It's clearly MORE than any game out to date. The bandwidth requirements and streaming are probably through the roof. They've got some really impressive tech in that simulator despite there not being characters with PBR shaders walking on the street or jumping with animation. Those are all callbacks to input. Let's not even go into the physics of flight that has to go into that sim as well. The sim is simply on another level and really shouldn't be compared to games per se since it's really not a game but a simulation. But realtime is realtime. Any developer would tell you the challenges they had to overcome making that sim is as hard or more complicated than a game like Demon Souls.

Why would a video game developer discredit or override his viewpoint? Did nxgamer or DF develop any games? Yet you're in all of those threads, for some odd reason? See where I'm going with this?

He obviously knows more than the majority of people on here, so to discredit him, shows a weakness or a fear of what he has to say. I'm not for censorship or discrediting people, it's a public forum for Christ sakes. If you can't accept the fact that ps5 is outdated compared to what's been out, currently out, or coming out, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not saying it's shit hardware or anything like that, and neither is he. The reality is, there will always be better on PC, as power limitations, cooling, clockspeed, etc, aren't limited compared to consoles. That's why visuals are pushed much higher on PC.

I feel like I've made it as clear as I can that my only problem was the idea that your experience trumps someone's opinion. The point of the thread seem to be that the OP wanted examples of games more impressive looking than demon souls. I don't think it's especially compelling to claim a game is more impressive looking because of the tech behind it, most of us are just going to go by how it looks. This doesn't even have anything to do with PC if demon souls came to PC it could be run with Ray tracing and all kinds of stuff you could add mods to it that make it even better looking obviously PC is the best place to go for visuals, but a lot of us recognize that Sony exclusives are going to push visual boundaries in a way that's eye-catching a lot of the time. That's not a dig on PC gaming the games can clearly be ported to PC and even look better there.

Fair enough.

I don't think a developer from any of these companies would have a problem with talking to me because we'd quickly start talking about details that they probably would get into trouble talking about. LOL! I've never argued with a developer over something technical. It either is or isn't. It's not subjective at all.

Concerning FS2020. That game has so much more in it's graphics engine I don't even want to think about all the subsystems they put in place there. It's clearly MORE than any game out to date. The bandwidth requirements and streaming are probably through the roof. They've got some really impressive tech in that simulator despite there not being characters with PBR shaders walking on the street or jumping with animation. Those are all callbacks to input. Let's not even go into the physics of flight that has to go into that sim as well. The sim is simply on another level and really shouldn't be compared to games per se since it's really not a game but a simulation. But realtime is realtime. Any developer would tell you the challenges they had to overcome making that sim is as hard or more complicated than a game like Demon Souls.

That would be an interesting conversation to see. I agree with you on the flight same thing, that's why I said you're not going to get a game that's doing both things, it'd be like creating a tech game that's a showcase for the most advanced destruction physics and then placing it in a game like cyberpunk 2077 and trying to get it to run on a console. We're still limited on what games can do and a lot of times that limit is based on consoles, there's unfortunately not enough money in making games like Crysis for PC these days. I think flight SIM can do what it does because it has an enthusiast market that's very reliable. but I couldn't imagine them making a game like demon souls that has tech it only possible on a high-end PC, it would cost too much to make while having too few people buying it would be my assumption. but I feel like this gets into a different discussion about the health of the PC market, I think it is a healthy market but a lot of why its healthy has to do with consoles existing. To make a sort of weird analogy it'd be sort of like how big Blockbuster films support smaller projects like how doing four Transformers films allowed Michael Bay to do pain and Gain, a movie he was having trouble get green lit otherwise. or how Christopher Nolan can do whatever the hell he wants since the Dark Knight trilogy.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I would say Cyberpunk will easily take that crown. Games already out though....hmmm probably Red Dead 2. Control looks great as well but I dunno...I don't think this is fair comparison. Comparing remakes to original titles seems insincere.

Demon Souls remake on PC will probably be one, assuming it ever happens.

Well yes. We all know a high end PC is capable of more than any console - but I know it’s also somewhat hamstrung by publishers mainly selling to console gamers. I was just curious which games people meant when they were saying they looked better overall image wise.

Granted I think I have a bias to a certain “idea” of what looks good. Demons souls definitely plays into my personal like, “looking like it’s a cgi-scene in a movie” look that I’m like “damn that’s crazy looking”.

This thread is legit not about me thinking every Sony exclusive is like an incredible feat of real time graphics (I think the cutscenes in Last of Us 2 looked better than the gameplay of it personally but it still looked great), God Of War artistically was awesome looking but there were some areas that you could kinda see if it was on better end hardware it could’ve looked way better. But also great looking. Horizon was probably the game that blew me away most on PS4, that or Red Dead.

From this thread of people giving examples I will say Flight Simulator by a wide margin is the most “Photorealistic” looking game at this point in time - and some of the screenshots with modded up versions of RDR2 and even GTA5 modded look on par if not better in some ways than demons souls and I’m sure are more technically impressive. Cyberpunk on PC will beat it next week I’m sure.

Demons souls just has a “look” I can’t quite put my finger on what does it but I think it has something to do with like motion blur maybe? Cus Sony did a similar thing with killzone 2 I remember where it was like they almost designed the game to look like a cutscene in gameplay.

But yeah of the ones I’ve seen FS2020 beats it in certain ways, RDR 2 some of the screenshots I see make it look better and some of the modded up GTA stuff seems like it looks crazy good.

EDIT: I also want to add that miles morales actually doesn’t look like crazy “next gen” to me - and the first one didn’t look great to me either. So I guess that’s my subjectivity. People saying AC: Valhalla is up there and I’m wondering if I should purchase that or not

Last edited:
I would say Cyberpunk will easily take that crown. Games already out though....hmmm probably Red Dead 2. Control looks great as well but I dunno...I don't think this is fair comparison. Comparing remakes to original titles seems insincere.

Why would it be insincere? I mean they revamped the graphics quite a bit. As a whole I assume Cyberpunk will take the crown - especially also when it can get mod support and stuff it will probably be up there for years to come.

SinDelta

Say what you will about Assassin's Creed, I think Origins is an amazing looking game. Certainly surpassed in areas, (heck Unity has made something of a comeback on its reception judging by this thread and other sites) Egypt is one of the most beautiful settings I've seen in a game.

iu

iu

skneogaf

that's a real thing that really happens I don't know what you guys are complaining about. You know especially in a world where someone isn't making sure that doesn't happen, I'm sure they're on a lot of gardeners and such or people retiling. But honestly you guys expose you don't live in urban areas of your countries if you don't know that this happens

Grass grows out of the gaps not the actual stone.

Last edited:
Um...what are you guys doing? why are you guys TALKING about the looks of the game, and not putting up screens to prove the point?

to me, that indicates not having that much confidence in the take that demon souls looks that fucking good.

here's some screens from some games I just played

crysis: 2007 version vanilla

Crysis-Screenshot-2020-11-26-19-35-49-68.png (2560×1440) (ibb.co)
Crysis-Screenshot-2020-11-26-19-35-49-68.png

metro exodus: literal screen grab you can even see my frames

Metro-Exodus-Screenshot-2020-11-19-14-46-53-97.png

Metro-Exodus-Screenshot-2020-11-19-15-21-32-86.png

the witcher 3

The-Witcher-3-Screenshot-2020-11-17-23-05-38-61.png

Last edited:
Edit : needed to correct some errors or wrong words, iam in mobile so the autocorrect function cursed me..eheh- edit end
That is a nice topic and my Answer would be:
No current games on PC on a technical Level look as good as DeS on PS5.

The Game uses PS5 superior I/O System for the first time for real.
I mean Miles Morales of course streams data in but it is held back by its PS4 Version.

So in the Bluepoint / John Linneman tue Devs hav stated that they streams in 3-4GB/s.
That is currently not possible on PC.
No API
No or very limited usage of Hardware I/O (RTX).

The Datastreaming is of course the source of DeS advantages in graphics in general and polygoncount in particular. The latter made it possible to surpass all other games out there in asset and charakterquality .

To underline this and to final Supply this Thread with hardfacts iam going to post some of my own Screenshots.

So they all come from the German pcgameshardware.de Forum where i wrote up a informative Post about the games Qualities in different aspects

Here it will be just a few examples..
Lets go:

Assets:
demons-souls_20201124003835-jpg.1343634

demons-souls_20201124011304-jpg.1343639

demons-souls_20201124011400-jpg.1343640

Architecture:
demons-souls_20201124004849-jpg.1343648

demons-souls_20201124005251-jpg.1343651

Effects
demons-souls_20201124003727-jpg.1343658

Charakters and NPCs

demons-souls_20201124002811-jpg.1343627

demons-souls_20201124002854-jpg.1343628

demons-souls_20201124004732-jpg.1343629

demons-souls_20201124005737-jpg.1343632

Some more togheter with enviroments
demons-souls_20201129221659-jpg.1344193

demons-souls_20201129224227-jpg.1344194

demons-souls_20201129224929-jpg.1344196

And a few Gameplay bits by me. Wich btw Ares captured with PS5s own 4k/60 capturing..
Charakter closeup - incredible Details.

A little Tour through Nexus- the Hub.
Polygoncount galore

So there you go..

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Why would it be insincere? I mean they revamped the graphics quite a bit. As a whole I assume Cyberpunk will take the crown - especially also when it can get mod support and stuff it will probably be up there for years to come.
I guess I just think Demon's Souls imagination is limited by it's age. Some things graphically...animation for example may not have been considered when the game was originally exist. Because this is a remake, they still wanted to keep the core of the game intact and so things like animation will ultimately look better on most modern games. So what I'm saying is it's kind of unfair to Demon's Souls in motion to other games that original code was released much more recently, if that makes sense.

Say what you will about Assassin's Creed, I think Origins is an amazing looking game. Certainly surpassed in areas, (heck Unity has made something of a comeback on its reception judging by this thread and other sites) Egypt is one of the most beautiful settings I've seen in a game.

iu

iu

God I wanted to love this game so much. Ancient Egypt is like my thing. I just couldn’t get into the gameplay tho for very long

Edit : needed to correct some errors or wrong words, iam in mobile so the autocorrect function cursed me..eheh- edit end

I mean Miles Morales of course streams data in but it is held back by its PS4 Version.

So in the Bluepoint / John Linneman tue Devs hav stated that they streams in 3-4GB/s.
No API

The Datastreaming is of course the source of DeS advantages in graphics in general and polygoncount in particular. The latter made it possible to surpass all other games out there in asset and charakterquality .

To underline this and to final Supply this Thread with hardfacts iam going to post some of my own Screenshots.

So they all come from the German pcgameshardware.de Forum where i wrote up a informative Post about the games Qualities in different aspects

Lets go:

Assets:

Architecture:

Effects

Charakters and NPCs

demons-souls_20201124005737-jpg.1343632

Some more togheter with enviroments
demons-souls_20201129221659-jpg.1344193

demons-souls_20201129224227-jpg.1344194

demons-souls_20201129224929-jpg.1344196

And a few Gameplay bits by me. Wich btw Ares captured with PS5s own 4k/60 capturing..
Charakter closeup - incredible Details.

A little Tour through Nexus- the Hub.
Polygoncount galore

So there you go..

Well this makes me feel less insane for creating the thread now. I really don’t get the people saying PS4 games can look like this because playing through it I don’t see how certain things would be possible. Like there’s this glowy fluid animation thing that is made up of little particles when I put on a certain ring in it I guess and it’s actually crazy looking. The fire is also way better than I expected it to be from watching the videos (where it looked like a weak point) I mean the game looks next level in person when you’re playing it. At least by my standards - I do think PC cyberpunk will ultimately beat it tho and some of the games mentioned here are on par.

I guess I just think Demon's Souls imagination is limited by it's age. Some things graphically...animation for example may not have been considered when the game was originally exist. Because this is a remake, they still wanted to keep the core of the game intact and so things like animation will ultimately look better on most modern games. So what I'm saying is it's kind of unfair to Demon's Souls in motion to other games that original code was released much more recently, if that makes sense.
I think they reanimated quite a bit - and added stuff. The AI is the same but the animations they def redid

Eric187

Banned

iu

iu
Yup. The last great Ubisoft game in my opinion. Perfect campaign length, awesome setting and characters. Much better then Odyssey and Valhalla bloat.

pixelation

This is gonna make me seem like a Sony guy again - and may also be controversial. But my PC isn’t like super new - I have a 1060, ssd, like it’s fine just not top of the line. I’ve never had like an rtx card for example.

I’m playing demons souls now and I’m really, really impressed with the graphics and how everything seems like “solid” or part of a physical world. I dunno it legitimately feels like the art style, animation and whatever simulations or tech they’re using, whatever trickery they’ve done - it’s blowing my mind graphically. I can say hands down this is the best flat screen game I’ve ever seen.

Half Life Alyx blew me away the most in VR just because everything was built to trick my brain into thinking it was real or something and it worked - so I was more legitimately amazed by that and the fine details within VR but on a flat screen it doesn’t look like much.

I know PC’s are more powerful than the new consoles and soon will be pumping out things with this high of fidelity or more but is there an actual game out right now that looks as good as this as a cohesive presentation? It looks cgi - it’s limited in that you can’t really jump or interact with everything but things on the ground move in response to you in a fucking weirdly realistic way - people talking in the game their lips and expressions are as good as last gen cutscenes but you’re seeing it from a third person perspective in game.

I’m sure this will be surpassed within the year but is this ultimately the best looking game of all time right now? Not on a technical level in what it’s actually doing but just on the overall image/effect it produces for the viewer? Or is there something on PC I’m unaware of that surpasses this?
You're gonna get a lot of replies naming games that are available on consoles just running at a higher framerate and/or with better IQ and effects... and they'll be dead wrong.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Which of those is supposed to be so impressively next gen? It shows the usual last gen performance cost cutting measures all over the place. Anything not in your face with often super low res blurry textures (wooden beam sides, cart's detailing, random rocks, etc.), secondary characters with some super obvious polygon edges (like that zombie arm, no tesselation whatsoever given you're so close up to the zombie there) and once again low resolution texture elements (the wooden shield and the detailing on its makeshift armor with the metal bits in particular), etc. You're arguing against your points with your own evidence and your tech jargon is FUD even post-edit. But at least that's better and more honest than the dude posting tiny gifs like people did of Gran Turismo Sport or Driveclub to show they "look real" and stuff last gen (at that size Battlefront 1 & 2 gifs look basically like the movies), lol. Thanks for that. Also, next gen Frostbite games will be nuts.

Last edited:

Darius87

All games take full advantage of PC hardware. The PC isn't a closed platform. Its' an open platform and always will be. A game that doesn't exercise the GPU well enough will show during a profile. A game like AC:Valhalla, for example, uses over 96% of the GPUs bandwidth and compute power. It's a very well optimized game for an open platform game that compiles to many other platforms.
i don't know about BW but 96% of ALU's utilization? are you saying that given GPU flips 96 % of it's CU's transistors every cycle? your PC would melt if that would be the case in first place there would be bottleneck in other part of GPU you would be considered a pro GPU programmer if you would be utilizing 40% to 50% of alu's with modern GPU's.

kuncol02

Banned
Um...what are you guys doing? why are you guys TALKING about the looks of the game, and not putting up screens to prove the point?

to me, that indicates not having that much confidence in the take that demon souls looks that fucking good.

here's some screens from some games I just played

crysis: 2007 version vanilla

Crysis-Screenshot-2020-11-26-19-35-49-68.png (2560×1440) (ibb.co)
Crysis-Screenshot-2020-11-26-19-35-49-68.png

metro exodus: literal screen grab you can even see my frames

Metro-Exodus-Screenshot-2020-11-19-14-46-53-97.png

Metro-Exodus-Screenshot-2020-11-19-15-21-32-86.png

the witcher 3

The-Witcher-3-Screenshot-2020-11-17-23-05-38-61.png
So that wasn't my mind. Witcher 3 has better clothing textures than Demon Souls.

assurdum

Banned

Your obsession for the "Sony guys" to point out to them how they are in fault, it's something else. It's not like everytime they are wrong as you are in the right. Neither I understand such stupid generalisation. The level of antagonism you showed about Spiderman raytracing is a good example.

Last edited:

TonyK

No API

Lets go:

Assets:

Architecture:

Effects

Charakters and NPCs

All those closeups look pretty average to me.

kuncol02

Banned
DeS is not constantly streaming at 3-4 GB/s. This rumor needs to die.
Yeah. That would mean that one corridor which takes 30s to walk through would take 120GB of space on drive. Unless that data is not unique, but then there is no point of reading it again all the time.

Business

iu

iu

To each their own I guess but I really don't get how this can be regarded as looking super good. Tries to look realistic and yet it's as gamey as it gets, frankly it looks horrible.

Top Bottom