• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are Microsoft exclusives on par with PlayStation now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik

I don’t even understand the thread.

You’re not listing the already released PS5 games because it makes the comparison unfair or what’s the thinking there?

And you ask if unreleased games we know nothing about are better than other unreleased games we know nothing about?

This is a thread comparing IP popularity and hype and dreams.

But yeah, my hype and dreams of Elder Scrolls VI, Starfield, Forza Horizon 5, Fable, Avowed and maybe Indiana Jones certainly wins over everything Sony has not yet talked about.
And I mean:
Hype + dreams + PC > Hype + dreams - PC.
🤷‍♂️

Javthusiast

Banned
Tom Cruise Laughing GIF by JustViral

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Jesus Christ op. Come on man.

At least wait to see those games in trailer form. Half of the games on your list were cg.

Make this thread in four years when so those games are out. I have no doubt in my mind that starfield will be goty next year especially with horizon and gow being cross gen, but one game isn't enough. Sony studios have won gotys 5 times since 2013. You have to be that consistent to be considered on par.

Let's wait and see how those games turn out.

Shubh_C63

We haven't even seen the games they claim are exclusives.

Let them release or have atleast a 15min gameplay out first OP.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Dude Sony is still stomping MS in every way.

Nothing is out yet for Xbox.

Results matter.

People having their preferences is obviously great but some of the Xbox-only fans are seriously disconnected from reality and it’s completely bizarre to witness. It’s largely the same games so far that didn’t win anything for MS and Bethesda games aren’t going to move the needle.

So we will see. I don’t care but we will see. I only care about dealing in actual facts.
You're right, we will see. No hard feelings either way, we can play both.

kretos

Banned
Dude Sony is still stomping MS in every way.

Nothing is out yet for Xbox.

Results matter.

People having their preferences is obviously great but some of the Xbox-only fans are seriously disconnected from reality and it’s completely bizarre to witness. It’s largely the same games so far that didn’t win anything for MS and Bethesda games aren’t going to move the needle.

So we will see. I don’t care but we will see. I only care about dealing in actual facts.

come on man they enjoy waiting for what might happen, they were waiting and enjoying the torment for 10 years now whats a couple more?

kretos

Banned
When is the last time a Bethesda, meaning BGS - not Bethesda Softworks, missed a release date?

Doom Eternal? if you're talking specifically about BGS then i don't know, even if they never delayed a game before this might be a first you never know we might get another covid 22 :messenger_beaming:

point is you can't be sure 100% that it won't be delayed

You should refrain from saying others are "chest pumping" immediately after talking about the same likely imaginary pc that all the likely suspects here always mention.

I honestly don't what you and like minded people expected really. You saw the increased effort. You saw the studio acquisitions. You saw many of the announced projects all these studios were working on.

Where did you believe all that would lead? To MS simply closing them all and going home or something? You could've admitted that all these games would release. You could've headed this off a number of different ways, but here you are claiming, "Let's wait until they release before we say output has improved".

You fight that good fight to the bitter end if you want, but I honestly don't see the point.
What are we suspect of exactly? I have two gaming PCs, both in spitting distance of the nextgen consoles, better in some aspects, this is a factor wether you want it or not.

As for the list, I don't play lists, I play games. MS had good lists, shows, presentations, etc. For years, yet nothing is delivered. So, sure some of these studios are bound to release something good. But something at the level of what Sony or Nintendo has to offer?

This is why we say, calm down with the chest pumping, wait until MS delivers... Not one or two great games, but on a steady basis, for a long time to be sure these are not flukes. This is when we can talk about MS being in the same league as Sony and Nintendo, both companies have tens of years of constant delivery. You don't compete with that with a list of a few titles that may or may not come out within 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom