• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are Microsoft exclusives on par with PlayStation now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuffyCan

Same here. After having a PS4 for a time last gen, I find that Sony games are not for me. TLOU-R was OK and I quite liked HZD but other than those 2 I was supremely underwhelmed. I preferred the Xbox output last gen over the type of games Sony makes.

It is all up to personal taste of course, and no doubt many here will harshly disagree with my preferences, but it is what it is. Now that Xbox has bought the publisher makes almost all my favorite games, Xbox has already won this gen for me.
Same thing here, went with the PS4 last gen and except for GoT and GOW, nothing really clicked with me ... even spider-man, I was blown away at first but the novelty ran off pretty fast and by the end I was bored. Went back to xbox mid gen and with what's coming I'm really happy I did

I mean from a comparison standpoint, MS can only go up from last gen and Sony can only go down I guess. I doubt it will be bad for playstation, they've released some pretty stellar titles for the ps5 already, but you do you.
I don't make the rules bud, so direct that salt somewhere else.

I also should've clarified better. I didn't mean game output would be bad for PS. It will just be bad compared to Xbox. Sorry for lack of context.

Zeroing

Banned
Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

Well, that would be because the thread is about up coming games.
The games are not out, Sony could very well have much more that are not announced yet given their history...

Talking about history, Sony has an habit of delivering great games, MS... well not so much, I agree that this COULD change, but this is an hypothetical at this point, so even if Sony had only one game I would have a tendency to pick them because of their history.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
This thread cracks me up but the Xbox list does win. I mean, it’s pretty funny watching the tables turn on Sony if you’re anyone but a fanboy. They sort of had it coming. And this happens to every market leader every generation or so.

I can’t wait to get a PS5, but I’m glad they’re getting a kick in the pants.

reinking

Gold Member
No the list is created in a way to stack it one way over the other. The list isn't even about exclusives for one of the console. It is about their streaming service. I get they are trying to work the streaming angle since we know MS games will be on Game Pass but how we know what is coming to PS Now in the next few years when those MS titles come out? It is a stupid comparison and only created to push a console war. A perfect example of setting up a troll thread. Congrats to OP.

Unknown?

Xbox:

Halo Infinite
Gears 6
Fable
Starfield
Redfall
Forza/Horizon
Perfect Dark
Fable
Elder Scroll VI
Avowed
State of Decay 3
Outer world 2
Contraband
Flight simulator
Indiana Jones *not confirmed exclusive*

PlayStation:

Kena
Gran Turismo
God of War 2 ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Final Fantasy 16
Final fantasy VII remake pt 2 and 3

please be civil and discuss
Why did you list Microsoft in the title then Xbox in the post? No one needs an Xbox for those. You can play them on PC, and soon on a dongle or an app.

Topher

Gold Member
On par, no…

Surpass, yes

Bethesda pushed them over the top.

Are we using our imagination and pretending how great Bethesda game could be........one day? Pretty sure the question said "now" even though the silly list provided is only referencing games in the future. In that case, how can you say one surpasses the other in either direction? You don't know. No one does.

Let's not include PS games that are already released, and compare them to a list of Xbox titles that will not, for the immense majority, hit the market before 2023. I can see the logic...🐒🐒🐒

The Alien

Banned
Not even a year into this 'next gen'. While its nice to see Microsoft bring it... let's get the games first.

Neither party, aside from maybe Ratchet, has released anything of substantial value to hold up as an exclusive north star for their console.

Lets marinate on this question and revisit following E3 2023.

I'll repeat what I have said a million times: a good trailer, a good list is nice, but MS needs to deliver before people start claiming anything about their output having improved.

That being said, I have been a huge fan of the Sony games for a long time, and not really a fan of the studios MS bought + I have a PC so asking if "'MS now surpasses Sony" is about as relevant as asking if "Ubisoft is now a better publisher than Sony" (it could change depending how Sony time their releases on PC).

It was the same before the consoles were release... so much chest pumping, what are you guys on?
You should refrain from saying others are "chest pumping" immediately after talking about the same likely imaginary pc that all the likely suspects here always mention.

I honestly don't what you and like minded people expected really. You saw the increased effort. You saw the studio acquisitions. You saw many of the announced projects all these studios were working on.

Where did you believe all that would lead? To MS simply closing them all and going home or something? You could've admitted that all these games would release. You could've headed this off a number of different ways, but here you are claiming, "Let's wait until they release before we say output has improved".

You fight that good fight to the bitter end if you want, but I honestly don't see the point.

Zeroing

Banned
Do we know the future?

How do we know the games are better?

How do we know Sony will not expand on their gaming portfolio?

What I see here are fans that for long long time, been gripping to hope that Xbox would finally be like Sony and at the slightest sign of a positive future, are over joyed
No problem with that! But come back to reality and face the facts.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Why would he list Miles Morales when he obviously didn't list Hivebusters?

Why would he list Demon's Souls when it came out over a decade ago?

Why would he list Spiderman remastered, as if I should even have to explain it to you?

The future looks bright for both consoles.

It just happens to look much brighter for one than the other.
Let’s make a comparison list, and purposely leave off games?

I’m sorry, did those games stop working all of a sudden?

Jeez….don’t cry when you are called a fanboy, please

Last edited:

Yoboman

”Only”…. When was BotW 2 annouced? What about last of us 2…

4-5 years before release…..

Trying Never Give Up GIF by Britannia on EPIX
Exceptions to the rule and not announced with a CG trailer, where that is 95% of that MS lineup. Nintendo and Sony have both been announcing games within a reasonable release window the past few years

Im not even saying its the wrong thing to do. Its a legitimate strategy. Its just laughable to try and compare it

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Exceptions to the rule and not announced with a CG trailer, where that is 95% of that MS lineup. Nintendo and Sony have both been announcing games within a reasonable release window the past few years

Im not even saying its the wrong thing to do. Its a legitimate strategy. Its just laughable to try and compare it

“reasonable release window”

New Forza was just announced and hits in 4/5 months, other games where just shown with 2021 release date.

Seems very reasonable to me

As a Playstation loyalist, I’m happy to see Xbox freaking bring it this gen. It’s healthy for all the console makers to be honest.

But there’s an obvious reason Microsoft is showing a bunch of games with no actual gameplay. They need to show that they have something versus the competition.

Everybody mostly agrees that it’s better to announce and or share a game with gameplay when it’s closer to release. Their most hyped game is Starfield. Like when was the last time we had a release date so far out? Like you already know that’s going to get delayed

Yoboman

“reasonable release window”

New Forza was just announced and hits in 4/5 months, other games where just shown with 2021 release date.

Seems very reasonable to me
Its been a bi annual series for over a decade, how are they meant to announce it years out?

It depends on what you like. I think the four standout PS exclusives are TLOU, Bloodborne, Uncharted and GOW. The rest are games that, I genuinely believe if weren't exclusive wouldn't be as beloved. That being said, Naughty dog is the king of quality, Santa Monica had one game with a 10/10 quality and can prove they are up there with the next, and from software is a third party. If you are a WRPG. fan like me I much prefer xbox exclusives. While I do really enjoy the games listed above (bloodborne is the best game ever), I'd still rather play a meaty 200 hour wrpg than a third person cinematic action game.

noise36

Theoretically more and better exclusives by later this generation...BUT...Sony has been executing their strategy very well already and delivering quality games now.

Last edited:
This thread cracks me up but the Xbox list does win. I mean, it’s pretty funny watching the tables turn on Sony if you’re anyone but a fanboy. They sort of had it coming. And this happens to every market leader every generation or so.

According to everyone these games are 4-5 years away, since November 2021 is a couple years away.

angrod14

It's like Sony has Djokovic, Nadal and Federer in their team, while MS is trying to buy the rest of the ATP to be competitive.

Dr Bass

Dude Sony is still stomping MS in every way.

Nothing is out yet for Xbox.

Results matter.

People having their preferences is obviously great but some of the Xbox-only fans are seriously disconnected from reality and it’s completely bizarre to witness. It’s largely the same games so far that didn’t win anything for MS and Bethesda games aren’t going to move the needle.

So we will see. I don’t care but we will see. I only care about dealing in actual facts.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Everybody mostly agrees that it’s better to announce and or share a game with gameplay when it’s closer to release. Their most hyped game is Starfield. Like when was the last time we had a release date so far out? Like you already know that’s going to get delayed
Starfield announced this year, coming next year.
GoW 2, GT7 announced in 2020 coming maybe some time next year if they don't get delayed which they probably will.

Last edited:

Derift

Xbox:

Halo Infinite
Gears 6
Fable
Starfield
Redfall
Forza/Horizon
Perfect Dark
Fable
Elder Scroll VI
Avowed
State of Decay 3
Outer world 2
Contraband
Flight simulator
Indiana Jones *not confirmed exclusive*

PlayStation:

Kena
Gran Turismo
God of War 2 ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Final Fantasy 16
Final fantasy VII remake pt 2 and 3

please be civil and discuss
you post a list like that and tell people to be civil...since we are adding unconfirmed games like Gears 6 how about i add my own games

Socom
MAG
Syphon filter
Jak and daxter
Spiderman 3

Derktron

Banned
I’d say yes they have something for everyone, they aren’t trying to copy Sony when it comes to making games and I’m glad they are keeping true to their creativity

Topher

Gold Member
Starfield announced this year, coming next year.
GoW 2, GT7 announced in 2020 coming maybe some time next year if they don't get delayed which they probably will.

Starfield was announced in 2018. GoW 2 and GT7 were announced last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom