• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are Microsoft exclusives on par with PlayStation now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavJay

Xbox:

Halo Infinite
Gears 6
Fable
Starfield
Redfall
Forza/Horizon
Perfect Dark
Fable
Elder Scroll VI
Avowed
State of Decay 3
Outer world 2
Contraband
Flight simulator
Indiana Jones *not confirmed exclusive*

PlayStation:

Kena
Gran Turismo
God of War 2 ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
Final Fantasy 16
Final fantasy VII remake pt 2 and 3

please be civil and discuss

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Well were the previous entries of the Xbox exclusives on par with the previous entries of the PS exclusives? Thats as close as you can get to your answer right now, how can we compare games that aren't out yet?
This.

At the end of the day, this will always be a question of personal likes/dislikes.

For example, only Fable and Starfield interest me from the MS list, but I know I'm buying all the games you've listed for PS5 at launch.

Exactly

I don’t like God of War but like Uncharted, Infamous, Horizon

I’m a Xbox fan who couldn’t care less for Halo snd Forza

RetroAV

Maybe when they actually start competing and getting consecutive GoTY awards/nominations like PS exclusives be doing. But for now, it's a no.

Vasto

Asap Rocky Lol GIF

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

the Xbox side for me has the see-saw buried in the sand BUT it's all personal preference.

you are missing a few on the PS5 side Deathloop, ghostwire, stray. I know deathloop and ghostwire are most likely just times now but they are still technically exclusives.

Last edited:

rob305

While my Series X is my primary console and I only use my PS5 for exclusives, I still prefer Sonys exclusives over Microsofts. I just like my AAA atmospheric walking simulators

reinking

Gold Member
Why have you ignored every exclusive released so far for PS5? How about Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Returnal, Godfall, Ratchet & Clank, Spiderman Remastered, FF7 Intergrade, Destruction All-Stars?
That is because it is a loaded list. Not only are many of the XB games not out yet but notice he/she/+ is comparing PS Now service against all Xbox announced exclusives. I mean, I get the angle they are going for but come on... ..these guys are learning how to wordplay like MS marketing.

LastBattle

Depends on what you mean by on par. If the most exclusives, then Microsoft wins hands down. If the best exclusives, that comes
Down to personal preference. Racing, wrpg and FPS vs open world action adventure

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Not NOW now. But definitely could be in the near future. I don't need either one to be better than the other, I just want them to compete.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
the Xbox side for me has the see-saw buried in the sand BUT it's all personal preference.

Same here. After having a PS4 for a time last gen, I find that Sony games are not for me. TLOU-R was OK and I quite liked HZD but other than those 2 I was supremely underwhelmed. I preferred the Xbox output last gen over the type of games Sony makes.

It is all up to personal taste of course, and no doubt many here will harshly disagree with my preferences, but it is what it is. Now that Xbox has bought the publisher makes almost all my favorite games, Xbox has already won this gen for me.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I agree. Much more impressive than the Playstation list of games that have not been released. Lol

This gonna get bad for Playstation.
I mean from a comparison standpoint, MS can only go up from last gen and Sony can only go down I guess. I doubt it will be bad for playstation, they've released some pretty stellar titles for the ps5 already, but you do you.

You got to love E3 season for MS, this has been their thing since the 360. Do people ever learn or are actually genuine? flood the channels with bad press for Sony by bad actors and then hard sell on how great they are. Time and time again, Sony says nothing, then pretty much owns E3 mindshare and leaves the greatest impression. I don't know why they don't want to at least TRY something else. This tactic has been used by Microsoft as a whole in their different products as well. I suppose their mindset is different since they have all these algorithm data from Windows and Bing and base their actions from there to move some metric on a chart? who knows? all I know as someone who still owns my EGM copy of the launch of the OG Xbox, their wording and way they talk has never changed. More annoying since they flood forums with noise just like the leadup to the lack lust launch of the Series consoles.

Why have you ignored every exclusive released so far for PS5? How about Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Returnal, Godfall, Ratchet & Clank, Spiderman Remastered, FF7 Intergrade, Destruction All-Stars?
Well, that would be because the thread is about up coming games.

Why would he list Miles Morales when he obviously didn't list Hivebusters?

Why would he list Demon's Souls when it came out over a decade ago?

Why would he list Spiderman remastered, as if I should even have to explain it to you?

The future looks bright for both consoles.

It just happens to look much brighter for one than the other.

I'll repeat what I have said a million times: a good trailer, a good list is nice, but MS needs to deliver before people start claiming anything about their output having improved.

That being said, I have been a huge fan of the Sony games for a long time, and not really a fan of the studios MS bought + I have a PC so asking if "'MS now surpasses Sony" is about as relevant as asking if "Ubisoft is now a better publisher than Sony" (it could change depending how Sony time their releases on PC).

It was the same before the consoles were release... so much chest pumping, what are you guys on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom