• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are anyone else experiencing issues with Xbox Series X controller on PC?

Gamezone

Gold Member
I ordered a blue Xbox One Series S/X controller for my PC. I've never had any controller issues on PC before, but this controller is acting crazy depending on the game. In Lego Star Wars it disconnects. In FIFA 21 the D-pad is acting crazy, and in Sonic Mania it's perfectly fine. The controller is connected to my PC trough bluetooth. Have anyone else experienced this?

Zuzu

I used to experience regular disconnections between my Xbox One controllers and my computer when connecting via Bluetooth. I had to buy the Wireless Controller Adaptor to fix the problem.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I used to experience regular disconnections between my Xbox One controllers and my computer when connecting via Bluetooth. I had to buy the Wireless Controller Adaptor to fix the problem.

I know that's an option, but these adapters are for some reason hard to find where I live, and my old Xbox One S controllers are fine trough bluetooth.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I also have the new blue controller

Bluetooth is either hit or miss or wont connect at all no matter what I do and then it will work randomly no idea why it wouldn't work or why it randomly starts working

Playing wired w/ USB to USB-C cord for now

pasterpl

Playing with my bundled in series x controller on my pc quite a lot, and had 0 issues, connecting via Bluetooth, try to update your controller ?

Jayjayhd34

Had the same issue just gave up With it and used it wired.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Yes, I've had some ridiculous issues with the controllers, - even now my Elite Series 2 controllers might disconnect every 30 seconds. I also get random disconnects on my Series X. MS has pledged to fix these issues, but not heard anything since then.

Oh dear..

I just tried the same controller on my son's computer, and it worked, but not on my computer. The controller is using the same drivers, and he's on the same bluetooth drivers as well. It's also my testing rig, so it's on the latest developer build in the Windows Insider program.

Last edited:
Top Bottom