• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade 1Up: TMNT & Marvel Super Heroes arcade cabinets announced

Bullet Club

New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' And 'Marvel Super Heroes' Home Arcade Machines Announced

New Arcade1Up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Marvel Super Heroes arcade cabinets announced at E3.

These extend Arcade1Up's line of replica arcade machines. Each matches the original machine decals and use arcade components, but stand at just under 4ft. Previous games have included single player Space Invaders and Galaga, two-player Final Fight, Street Fighter II and three player Rampage. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be the first Arcade1Up machine to provide four players on one cabinet.

pPyvrpX.jpg

The new machines are being announced at E3 and will be on the show floor. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will feature two games:
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1989)
  • Turtles in Time (1991)
The Marvel Super Heroes machine will provide thee games:
  • Marvel Super Heroes,
  • X-Men Children of the Atom,
  • The Punisher
The machines come from Tastemakers. In business since 2011, this latest venture is performing well. It won 2019 Tech Toy of the Year and continues to sell out as stock arrives in stores.

“With over 30 years of experience in consumer products, I have never seen such an involved or passionate fan community," said Scott Bachrach, CEO, Tastemakers. "We have watched tens of thousands of fans across our social media platforms request some of these new titles and we are really excited to be turning their hopes for our brand into a reality.”

AgEjm3k.jpg

With the Arcade1Up machines costing around $299, there are cheaper ways to play these games or similar titles on home consoles. But having tried these out in the home I've enjoyed how powerful they are at recreating that original arcade feel in a home setting. It's not only what's on the screen, but how the cabinet looks and sounds that has got my kids playing these retro games.

The units come flat packed and require assembly. I've got my 11-year-old son to build on of our units on his own and he was more than able to do this. The instructions are clear and each item is in its own labeled bag. Then, because it was something he was proud of building himself, he bought into playing the game.

yOXsCnn.jpg

As Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a game I played a lot when I was younger, I'm looking forward to playing with my kids. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will retail for around $349 and Marvel Super Heroes will come in at $299. They will be available later this year.

Source: Forbes

Nymphae

Banned
Looks pretty cool, nice to see cabinets making somewhat of a comeback, maybe we'll get an arcade renaissance!

OP liked for including images.

Last edited:

kbear

I saw one at game stop ..they are pretty small .I'm 6'1 so this is a good comparison . Keep in mind he did have to buy that riser .

Wow, that thing is tiny. I’m 6’2”... this is heightism at its finest.

Edit: Absolutely disgusting

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

It's also pretty narrow..so if your going to play this with another grown adult y'all are going to be bent over and have your asses sticking out and to the side like the B-team at Tuesday afternoon happy hour at the strip club..

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's also pretty narrow..so if your going to play this with another grown adult y'all are going to be bent over and have your asses sticking out and to the side like the B-team at Tuesday afternoon happy hour at the strip club..
And four people all playing TMNT? Better be pretty comfortable having your personal space invaded.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
X-Men Children of the Atom/X-Men VS Street Fighter/MSH VS Street Fighter together would have been perfect

I hate MSH (Fucking gems) and I forgot that Punisher game even existed what an odd choice

I'm guessing X-Men VS Street Fighter/MSH VS Street Fighter/Marvel VS Capcom will be a thing....guess I'll wait for that

Last edited:

Snakey125

Yeah, They are tiny but they are SURPRISINGLY decent. I think the only issue with them is that the Rampage machine has shitty speakers, which I THINK was fixed by them. I tried one of these out at a buddy's who just moved into his new house and we went back and forth from moving shit to beating each other in MK.

The Street Fighter cabinet is perfect for a pi machine by the way. There's plenty of space inside them to hook one up and from what I've seen, it's not hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom