• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple WWDC 2021 announced for June 7-11

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
vKnbbo4.jpg

4VotCQ8.png

What to expect:
iOS 15, iPadOS 15, macOS 12, tvOS 15, and watchOS 8
Apple silicon Macbook Pro?
Micro LED iPad Pro?
AR glasses?

belmarduk

Supposedly there’s going to be a completely redesigned MacBook Pro. They’ve been using the same design since 2015 so it’s about time. The new ones are rumored to come in 14 and 16 inch models, hopefully with reduced bezels.

touch screen macOS laptop and desktop with tilt screen + apple pen support and custom apple silicon please, with:

5G
Wifi6E
USB 4.0/latest thunderbolt
DDR5 RAM
PCIE 5
Latest Bluetooth
Latest Camera Technology front & back.
SD Card slot storage up to 128TB.
HDMI 2.1 with VRR
HDR10+
4K@120Hz resolution
MiniLED/OLED

Last edited:

belmarduk

I'd really like a redesign for the MacBook Air.
The fucking thing is called Air yet it is 0.2lbs lighter than the MacBook Pro.
Might as well just call it the MacBook Budget.

TimFL

Supposedly there’s going to be a completely redesigned MacBook Pro. They’ve been using the same design since 2015 so it’s about time. The new ones are rumored to come in 14 and 16 inch models, hopefully with reduced bezels.
Not having FaceID on the MacBook lineup is such a sad state of affairs. I hope we‘re due a FaceID hardware shrink soon so it fits inside MacBook lids.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Apple just submitted the M2 for manufacturing, ready circa July. Will be in the 14” and 16” MacBook Pros set to be unveiled at WWDC. 12 core CPU, 16 core GPU.

First major redesign for the MBP since 2016. Touchbar removed. MagSafe returns. Additional ports, including an SD slot (wtf at removing it to begin with). MiniLED display.

This will be the hopping on point for a lot of people, I think, myself included.

mango drank

Hackers leaked a bunch of schematics for upcoming Apple stuff a while back. They seem legit, because the leaks included schematics for the new iMac, and those matched up to what Apple revealed. Here are some of the schematics for the new MacBook Pro, along w/ some mockups based on those schematics done by 9to5Mac:
6EE3ZTS.jpg

hPQAn5j.jpg
hFOAxAr.png

Guys whats your thoughts on MacBook Pro being available in the summer (July)? I really hope it doesnt go all the way to fall like november. I need to upgrade after 6 years but not sure if I can wait that long. And id be kicking myself if I had to pay the same money for a 2019 model when 5 months later a brand new one comes out. The removal of touch bar excites me the most. Thats like the last thing I cared about but mainly, after the success of the M1 chip in 13", I think the new MBP are teh way to go.

paparazzo

Guys whats your thoughts on MacBook Pro being available in the summer (July)? I really hope it doesnt go all the way to fall like november. I need to upgrade after 6 years but not sure if I can wait that long. And id be kicking myself if I had to pay the same money for a 2019 model when 5 months later a brand new one comes out. The removal of touch bar excites me the most. Thats like the last thing I cared about but mainly, after the success of the M1 chip in 13", I think the new MBP are teh way to go.
Looking at Apple's history of releasing new MBPs, July seems plausible. This guy sums up the leaks and makes a compelling case for July:

Being an iMac guy, I’m waiting til next year’s iteration to jump in with Apple silicon. Never been one to get in on the first gen of new tech, and I’m on a 2011 iMac so I figure if I can wait this long, I can do another 18-24 months.

Editaur

Its the most powerful...(insert name of product)...we've ever made.

Still excited for the new redesign of the MacBook Pro but will properly wait for the 2nd Gen version.

PSYGN

The thing that stopped me from getting an M1 MacBook was the stupid restriction of 1 external monitor only. I'm sure there are workarounds but I'm not interested, I want it working out of the box without any quirks.

So here's to hoping the new M1 MacBooks will support multi monitors, a very strange omission in this day and age.

Azurro

Banned
Come on baby, I need new Macbook Pros to be announced, I need to replace my 15" from 2015.

Last edited:

TTOOLL

Apple just submitted the M2 for manufacturing, ready circa July. Will be in the 14” and 16” MacBook Pros set to be unveiled at WWDC. 12 core CPU, 16 core GPU.

First major redesign for the MBP since 2016. Touchbar removed. MagSafe returns. Additional ports, including an SD slot (wtf at removing it to begin with). MiniLED display.

This will be the hopping on point for a lot of people, I think, myself included.

Nice, Apple has been killing it with the M chips. I'm excited to see the new design but sad that I won't be able to buy one soon (or in a couple of years).

I was wondering if maybe in the future they will put an M chip in the iPhones too. It makes sense.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The thing that stopped me from getting an M1 MacBook was the stupid restriction of 1 external monitor only. I'm sure there are workarounds but I'm not interested, I want it working out of the box without any quirks.

So here's to hoping the new M1 MacBooks will support multi monitors, a very strange omission in this day and age.
Definitely a major omission. Most devs get the big MBP though so we'll see if they address it for the 14/16.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
They could have made the iMac a bit thicker and placed the components behind the screen, got rid of the bottom ugly ass bar, and made the bezel thin. A desktop doesn't need to be that thin, or colorful.

Sold my m1 MacBook Pro just in time.. nice.
can't tell if you're being serious or not....

They could have made the iMac a bit thicker and placed the components behind the screen, got rid of the bottom ugly ass bar, and made the bezel thin. A desktop doesn't need to be that thin, or colorful.
i agree they should've made it a bit thicker and got rid of the chin but i quite like the colours.

i'm hoping the 27 (or bigger) inch iMac goes thicker. knowing apple they'll make it thicker and remove the chin but only give you option of silver/grey.

Last edited:

Darko

i agree they should've made it a bit thicker and got rid of the chin but i quite like the colours.

i'm hoping the 27 (or bigger) inch iMac goes thicker. knowing apple they'll make it thicker and remove the chin but only give you option of silver/grey.
Dead serious :messenger_grinning_squinting:

MaestroMike

Gold Member

the bottom bar of the iMac just seems weird without the Apple logo on it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I disagree.

The iMac chin is iconic.

I would have been deeply disappointed if they got rid of it. It's what communicates visually to you that it isn't just a display, it's also a computer.

Darko

If the Pro 14 has M2 and mini-LED, I'll probably sell this M1 Pro 13 and upgrade.

Have fun waiting until December for it's replacement
I will... or will wait till June.. we don’t know the release date.I’m not in a rush, I didn’t sell it cause of the announcement though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom