• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple to terminate all developer accounts and cut off Epic off from IOS and Mac development tools

kretos

Banned
tumblr_owwyp70Qkw1s24yedo1_500.gifv

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Big companies usually have a vague clause that they can kick you out for any reason nowadays anyway. :lollipop_grinning:

They wouldnt kick you out if you didn’t do anything to violate terms and conditions, it serves nobody’s interest to kick somebody off for now reason

Last edited:

Eevee86

Should Apple be able to tell us what we program on Mac and iOS? Should Microsoft be able to tell us what we can do with our windows machines? People defending Apple here baffle me.
I'm guessing plenty of legal documents and agreements were signed before they put their game up on the store. It's not like they didn't know what they were getting into. This whole thing that Epic is doing feels really gross.

Is it still possible to play the game if you already downloaded it? Anyway, I'm sure Epic were prepared for this as part of their plan.

CuNi

Should Apple be able to tell us what we program on Mac and iOS? Should Microsoft be able to tell us what we can do with our windows machines? People defending Apple here baffle me.

While I am totally on your side when it comes to the "I should be able to develop for whatever I want!"-Argument, Epic kinda had it coming.
They entered a legal contract with Apple to be able to publish their App on their App-Store and then broke said legal contract and then had the guts to sue Apple because of it.

I think the iOS ecosystem should be like android where you don't need accounts to develop for android at all and can always serve your APK for people to manually install.

Dr Bass

While I am totally on your side when it comes to the "I should be able to develop for whatever I want!"-Argument, Epic kinda had it coming.
They entered a legal contract with Apple to be able to publish their App on their App-Store and then broke said legal contract and then had the guts to sue Apple because of it.

I think the iOS ecosystem should be like android where you don't need accounts to develop for android at all and can always serve your APK for people to manually install.

And this is Epics way of trying to force that very issue. It’s spelled out clearly in the lawsuit.

Both sides are right and wrong. Apple should be able to have whatever rules it wants on its store. And Epic should be able to sell whatever iOS software it wants to directly to the customer.

93xfan

Banned
Rut Roh. Epic wont be able to bully their way outta this one. You really think Apple cares if you cant get Fortnite on Apple?

could cause a lot of young gamers to see Apple as the bad guy. If some company limited my access to Mario games as a kid, I’d really dislike that company.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Funny as fuck hahaha

What will epic/tencent do next?
I bet sony is happy with that investment too 🤠🤠

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Do some of yall realize that this is actual anti-consumerism happening in front of us? Like.....some of you call Sony anti-consumer (it isn't), yet yall rooting for Apple here?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

not really. it has to do with having a secure platform. having that payment bypass adds a loophole that a lot of devs will fully exploit to gain information and increase predatory microtransaction hell. It isn't all just about getting a "CUT"
But as someone who has worked on alot of ios apps I can say reguardless of that, IOS is still hell on earth for developers. the ever changing rules is a huge pain in the ass.

Top Bottom