• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event 09.07.2022 | Far Out

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Location tracking via satellite w/o the need for cell towers.
f1662573865.jpg

f1662573892.jpg

Free for 2-years with iPhone 14 purchase.
f1662573912.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Even at brand new my watch couldn’t make it more than a day and a half, dunno why you wouldn’t charge every day if you want it to last.
Really? i searched for cheap fitbit around 50-60 dollars and the promised battery life was way longer if i remember well, i thought an iwatch was like 10 days without a charge or better.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You charge your iwatch everyday? you must have a faulty battery dude.
I have the always on feature enabled. Also Oxygen and heart rate sensors as well which supposedly drain the battery faster. I might turn off the blood o2 sensor now that my family no longer has covid, but i love the always on feature and the heart rate monitor since it keeps better track of my move calories.

Thaedolus

Really? i searched for cheap fitbit around 50-60 dollars and the promised battery life was way longer if i remember well, i thought an iwatch was like 10 days without a charge or better.
A fitbit hardly has any of the functionality of an Apple Watch though. I mean, I liked mine when I had one, but it's not even close to the same device.

LordCBH

Eh... I'm torn on moving to the Pro tbh. I prefer the smaller form factor of the standard iPhone, though. :/

I can say my 11 Pro Max has been pretty awesome since release day. I want the new one, but honestly I may just save the cashola and go for the regular or the regular plus. They all use oled now right?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Damn, that baseball game score thing on dynamic island is really cool.
I can say my 11 Pro Max has been pretty awesome since release day. I want the new one, but honestly I may just save the cashola and go for the regular or the regular plus. They all use oled now right?
Not sure, tbh. I might hold off another year too. $800 for the watch ultra is already enough money :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Nice, Pro model is the same size as the base iPhone.
f1662574517.jpg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fitbit is fitbit. Apple Watches are AMAZING. They are basically mini phones that do so much. You can call people from it. You can use your camera from it. You can text people from it. Almost all the apps on the iphone have their own iwatch versions. Fitbits cant do ECGs or capture your blood oxygen level. My iwatch face alone displays like 10 different things. Cant take a screenshot of my iwatch face since its charging but found this on google. It's a mini computer in the palm (wrist) of your hand. Time, heart rate, temperature, weather conditions, stocks, radio, calenders, everything right on the watch face/screen without ever having to go into the apps. I dont really love any apple products, i can see why others love them....ive always been a sony guy, but my iwatch is the only Apple product I actually love.

vx1vbck026e61.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Fitbit is fitbit. Apple Watches are AMAZING. They are basically mini phones that do so much. You can call people from it. You can use your camera from it. You can text people from it. Almost all the apps on the iphone have their own iwatch versions. Fitbits cant do ECGs or capture your blood oxygen level. My iwatch face alone displays like 10 different things. Cant take a screenshot of my iwatch face since its charging but found this on google. It's a mini computer in the palm (wrist) of your hand. Time, heart rate, temperature, weather conditions, stocks, radio, calenders, everything right on the watch face/screen without ever having to go into the apps. I dont really love any apple products, i can see why others love them....ive always been a sony guy, but my iwatch is the only Apple product I actually love.

vx1vbck026e61.jpg
I've taken more than one call on my watch while out kayaking on the lake. It's kind of cool...

GymWolf

A fitbit hardly has any of the functionality of an Apple Watch though. I mean, I liked mine when I had one, but it's not even close to the same device.
I'm not talking about the simpler ones, i'm talking the one that is like an apple watch ripoff with android phone connection, all the sport utilities, sleep control etc.

I know that the apple watches are the most precise with their sensors (i watched some tests), but i didn't thought about the toll on the battery being so big.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
48MP camera, 65% larger sensor, 2nd-gen sensor-shift OIS, 100% focus pixels.
24mm focal length.
New sensor groups 4 pixels into one large quad pixel with 4x more light. Further improves light capture while maintaining 12MP photo size.

Top Bottom