• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently we haven't seen a rerelease of the iconic Transformers games because Activision misplaced the hard drives with the original source code

Q: Possible to re-release the Activision TF games to coincide with Gamer Edition?
A: Sadly, apparently Activision’s not sure what hard drives they’re on in their building. When a company eats a company that eats a company things get lost, and that’s very frustrating. Hope is that now that the deal is moving forward with Microsoft and Xbox that they’ll go through all of the archives and every hard drive to find it all, because it’s an easy Game Pass add. We want those games back up for people to have a chance to play.

Tarnpanzer

seriouscatcover.jpg

Gojiira

Banned
Game Pass…Right these were multiplatform…Better fucking release on Switch and PS5 when they find them the fucking assholes…

Sorcerer

Weird, I'm sure they are paying a license fee for these games if they can immediately throw them on Gamepass. Oh, yeah, there lost in a closet somewhere, we will find someday, (maybe).

ManaByte

Gold Member
Except Fall of Cybertron got a remaster…

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
More fake news. Hasbro says it’s not true. Which makes since as they’ve already remastered one of them.

“To clarify, comments that suggest Transformers games have been lost were made in error. We apologize to Activision and regret any confusion; they’ve been great partners, and we look forward to future opportunities to work together.”

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Phil Spencer needs to put the foot down on Bobby K so he tells him where he hid the source codes.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF by Working Title

"Where the fuck are the Transformers-games Bobby? Where's the source codes Bobby? We need ammo for Game Pass, CoD ain't going live until Sonys damn contract is up!

A.Romero

As an IT professional I'm surprised that these things happen with such valuable products. I mean, HDD? Cloud storage is like a fraction of a dollar per GB...

A.Romero

Yeah but both games are like 20GB combined. That must be over 7 dollars, not worth it.
You know? Going for the fastest object base storage on AWS it would be a whooping $ .46 USD per month. That's right, not even 50 cents.

You could go even cheaper ($ .08 USD per month) if you are willing to wait up to 4 hours for a download to be ready which would be the advisable solution in this case given that they are not accessing that info very often.

Ristifer

Activision… what a bunch of fucks. Someone get these games out again. Literally the only reason I still have my 360 laying around on the floor.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have Fall of Cybertron on Steam. Better than all the movies.

Hudo

I mean, look at where the tapes with the raws for the cutscenes of Command & Conquer and Red Alert 1 were found:
EA/Jim Vesella thought these were lost, too. Turns out there were literally in some "catch-all"-storage room at the EA studio in Los Angeles.

He filmed it with his phone. It's pretty sad that no one apparently gave a shit. No wonder the source codes of Tib Sun and RA2 were lost.

Top Bottom