• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently "The Medium" will now be published by Microsoft (Update: Xbox YouTube channel removed it from 1st Party IP list)

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Credits to @Hix and DrDamn DrDamn for finding this
Xbox Series X | S launching this November! Some of our Current 1PP Titles Include:
Halo Infinite
Hellblade 2
Tell Me Why
Gears 5
The Medium
Forza Horizon and Motorsport Franchises
Avowed
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Sea of Thieves
Grounded
State of Decay 3
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Age of Empires 3/4
Update:

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
73604ab760-2_1390x600.jpg

Mister Wolf

Big bank take little bank. If its anything like Cuphead dont expect to see it on PS5 until 3 years later if at all.

Vawn

Banned
It was always like this, right? Published by MS ON Xbox. I doubt they publish the PS5 version, but we will see.

It's still a timed-exclusive unless something else has changed.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The game has not yet been confirmed as a launch title, for those wondering. The team founder said in September that they were hoping to make the launch date, it hasn't been confirmed yet but it sounds as though it'll be this year regardless.

Last edited:
Credits to @Hix and DrDamn DrDamn for finding this

That’s big big news. Also sucks to learn that this also means it won’t show up on PS5. If the series s|x sells as bad as Xbox one, this would be quantum break situation all over again. A gem of a game locked in a console platform that didn’t even have an audience for a game like that.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
So it will be a day 1 launch? Dang I need to get an xbsx now
They listed there the 1st party titles, but only The Medium is launch title.
Is this a launch title? I can't find a release date for the game.
The game has not yet been confirmed as a launch title, for those wondering. The team founder said in September that they were hoping to make the launch date, it hasn't been confirmed yet but it sounds as though it'll be this year regardless.
Its a Holiday 2020 title, not a launch title.

Esppiral

Well I'm gonna thank MS even more for making it Mexican Spanish because European Spanish is a big yikes for us over here.

Or you know, they could do like Sony and make a separate dub/translatin for every region.... but MS is very cheap in that regard, Quantum brake just destroyed my ears and "Tell me Why" made me search on the internet what the fuck "manejar un carro" means....

Last edited:
Or you know, they could do like Sony and make a separate dub/translatin for every region.... but MS is very cheap in that regard, Quantum brake just destroyed my ears and "Tell me Why" made me search on the internet what the fuck "manejar un carro" means....

Probably because there have been a shit ton more xbox sold in the Americas than in Spain. Chicken/Egg issue. But I do hope you get the translation you want however.

Yea, I mean it's not hypocrisy at all to call Wipeout and Syphon Filter Sony first party games. Back when Sony was acquiring studios and become Publishers, it was all fine and dandy, they did the exact same thing, just first.
That is my argument, restated.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Published by MS? There goes my hopes for the game being fully localized to European Spanish, at most we'll get some Mexican translation with a bunch of words and slang I've never heard.....

It's fun because, while they do an excellent dubbing job, they tend to fail on localization sometimes with modism and local jokes we in latinamerica just don't get.

BTW, the game was already Xbox/PC exclusive so it's ok I guess.

Reindeer

They're buying them, aren't they? They probably want the rights to the game to make it a franchise with bigger budget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Wolf

Not sure if people have actually seen what the game looks like before making too big a deal.

Looks good. I haven't played a game based around traversal and puzzle solving in two simultaneous worlds since Soul Reaver. Dishonered 2 has a level that does it that's really cool but not the whole game.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Couldn't that mean they acquired bloober?

That's my thinking. I've felt and hoped for several months Xbox would acquire Bloober and Asobo. I'd much prefer they pick up these 2 studios that they've done great work with than buying another giant acquisition, especially if that acquisition is Sega. Sega doesn't have anything that interests me. Both of these studios do.

It's great to hear this is a launch game, I'm really looking forward to The Medium.

Mister Wolf

The only thing I need to see is how she defends herself from ghosts and other beings from the Astral Plane. They already said she can. I'm not interested in games where you just run away. Gotta fight those ghosts like Guts or Danny in Doctor Sleep.

That's my thinking. I've felt and hoped for several months Xbox would acquire Bloober and Asobo. I'd much prefer they pick up these 2 studios that they've done great work with than buying another giant acquisition, especially if that acquisition is Sega. Sega doesn't have anything that interests me. Both of these studios do.

It's great to hear this is a launch game, I'm really looking forward to The Medium.

Microsoft had something like $120B they repatriated from Ireland to play around with. Why not all three?

Top Bottom