• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

BlueAlpaca

Saw this on reddit, breaks my heart. :lollipop_weary:

jt15vesiemy51.jpg

Last edited:
Had a fun run to win this game below (2 clips from the same game), really enjoying the new map. My captures continue to desaturate the colours, sorry about that shit quality.

A little slow to start but worth watching through -

The Trident with a team that communicates is brilliant for positioning, looting and finding a fight you want to be in.

Anyone having bother connecting on Steam at the minute? Tells me EA servers can't be reached.

Edit: As soon as I posted, it decided to work. Class.

Last edited:

Alx

Love that Revenant skin. It wil be mine.
I don't remember liking the first train event, but we'll see if it got better.

Tesseract

Banned
Love that Revenant skin. It wil be mine.
I don't remember liking the first train event, but we'll see if it got better.
it was almost great, the respawn timer was too slow between rounds such that pacing was ruined

this year's halloween event was pretty fire tho, so i'm hoping they iterated holo enough to make it playable

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Train Event was pretty fun. When they first dropped the expanded level system it gave out some FAT free levels.

Last edited:
I've developed a really bad habit of switching weapons when my clip empties when I should be just reloading as normal. It's really annoying. On the plus side, I've been doing pretty decently on PC this season, for me anyway. Still can't get that elusive 4k badge though. Someday....

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
How is this game these days?

I played it at Launch a bit. Had thoughts about downloading it again to play a few games. I was never that good at it though. Was always a good time when I played, regardless. Just might be a nice alternative to Warzone.

How is this game these days?

I played it at Launch a bit. Had thoughts about downloading it again to play a few games. I was never that good at it though. Was always a good time when I played, regardless. Just might be a nice alternative to Warzone.
For me, it's the best feeling FPS out there at the minute. The movement and the shooting just feels really good. Since you've played, there are now two new maps, a load of QoL improvements and a ton of new characters. Still a healthy player base on PS4 and PC, I would imagine also on Xbox. Cross play has been implemented but cross progression still hasn't happened yet. It's a ruddy good time.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
For me, it's the best feeling FPS out there at the minute. The movement and the shooting just feels really good. Since you've played, there are now two new maps, a load of QoL improvements and a ton of new characters. Still a healthy player base on PS4 and PC, I would imagine also on Xbox. Cross play has been implemented but cross progression still hasn't happened yet. It's a ruddy good time.

Damn, I had no idea they added two more maps. Sounds good. I did always like the movement and gunplay, but I like Respawn Entertainment. Titanfall 2 was fantastic, deserved way more players. I think the biggest thing I had a problem with is using my abilities properly. Will have to get better at that.

Is Solos still an option or is it still mostly team orientated? Don't mind playing with people, but I love Solos.

Damn, I had no idea they added two more maps. Sounds good. I did always like the movement and gunplay, but I like Respawn Entertainment. Titanfall 2 was fantastic, deserved way more players. I think the biggest thing I had a problem with is using my abilities properly. Will have to get better at that.

Is Solos still an option or is it still mostly team orientated? Don't mind playing with people, but I love Solos.
There's only doubles and trios at the minute. Every couple of months, they add a limited time event. Right now, for example, there's a polar express mode. Three teams spawn in and try to take control of a train in a round based game. It's pretty fun. The Halloween mode is my favourite so far.

I play almost exclusively solo queue. It can be infuriating some times but that's usually just a clue that I'm starting to take it more seriously than I should be. Can reliably get to gold in ranked by myself. Totally playable but your patience will be tested at times.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
There's only doubles and trios at the minute. Every couple of months, they add a limited time event. Right now, for example, there's a polar express mode. Three teams spawn in and try to take control of a train in a round based game. It's pretty fun. The Halloween mode is my favourite so far.

I play almost exclusively solo queue. It can be infuriating some times but that's usually just a clue that I'm starting to take it more seriously than I should be. Can reliably get to gold in ranked by myself. Totally playable but your patience will be tested at times.

Ah, that's a shame. Not a big deal though. I realise the game does work much better with a team. I did have a lot of fun when I played Solos though, I think the way I play these games just suits that more.

Solo Queue can be tough for sure. I hate when people go separate ways, and immediately get taken out. I have a bit of social anxiety using voice chat, or I'd use it more.

Alx

Definitely not fond of the train event(s), rushing straight into combat in a single spot without looting is the opposite of what I usually enjoy in this game (for that kind of mode at least allow for respawning).
A bit disappointing that the special character skins can only be unlocked with golden currency, I have 4K+ blue currency I've been hoarding waiting for an opportunity to unlock stuff I really want, but I guess I'll need to wait some more.

MomoVideo

Banned
I think I might be done with Apex. My friends stopped playing this season so I have no one to play with. This season was certainly peak frustration for us. Devs brought some good stuff like a new map which looks awesome ( gameplay-wise it's just alright) and a new character. Unfortunately, this game is plagued with issues. For starters, the devs have no idea how to fix the audio. I'm playing with headphones and audio often just cuts off, doesn't play certain sounds, and doesn't help me track where the sounds come from. I won't comment on Battle Pass and how awful their monetization is. I know this game is F2P and they need to earn money, but there are certain moral boundaries that they certainly did cross. My biggest issue is the weapon balance. Every update they tweak weapons and every patch it seems to be getting worse. Now that we got R-99 and Volt at the same time, no one seems to be playing other assault rifles and SMGs. R-99 dominates, again, and I feel like 90% of people go with R-99. Volt is also good, but not as popular choice as R-99. Good luck finding enough energy or heavy ammo for your squad after a team fight. It seems people only carry heavy ammo just because they had Wingman. Flatline is butchered, I just can't control it. Havoc without all the upgrades is shit too. They took away my boy Prowler to the package drop, but who cares when there is R-99 in the game, am I right? The previous season had its balancing issues too, but I think it was in a much better state than it is now.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Got a Medal of Honor bobblehead charm for logging in. Nice.

Been playing Rampart recently. Now THAT'S a struggle character. Remove Low Profile from Wattson btw, her tool kit got nerfed to fuck.

DonF

I'm from south america and have to play on the Brazilian server and god damn that thing is hot trash. My connection in most games is fine. I love this game but the technical issues are on another level. I get no regs, hits behind cover, the works. I hope they can improve on the server side of things.

BlueAlpaca

I'm from south america and have to play on the Brazilian server and god damn that thing is hot trash. My connection in most games is fine. I love this game but the technical issues are on another level. I get no regs, hits behind cover, the works. I hope they can improve on the server side of things.

A big problem for me is matchmaking - I'm so sick of being killed by 4k/20 psychos. Maybe the game is dying and there's just not enough people playing, but it's always after I do well for a few games when they throw me to the wolves.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
holy fuck it's good to be back, missed the first half of s07 ranked (olympus no longer in rotation, fml)

blasting through golds on steam ...

Tesseract

Banned
edge is difficult, you have to use balloons and landmarks to run up the score

olympus is fun, trident rotation w / boost to earshot or striking distance means your shock tactics are more immediately felt on the field

Top Bottom