• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Apex is the best Halo game outside of Halo. Now that MCC/ODST works pretty great with the BR netcode it's a different ballgame. We're slaughtering fools like it should have been all these long years. Can't wait for the region filters, shit better zero down to just Australia and not be half assed. Buddies and I are finding ourselves playing more MCC over Apex at the moment. Based on population that would change either direction.

Mista

Banned
We were meant to get an Event two weeks ago but they fucked up current ETA is October 13th. S7 can still redeem the game, S6 we were meant to get a new map and this season shows it especially considering the quest is filler.

She's just an annoying Mirage, he was at least mildly amusing, Rampart is really obnoxious she's like Shuri from Black Panther but feels VERY forced. The next set of characters are gonna be women with Blisk in the mix, this game is turning into League of Legends. lol.

I thought this season was awful with the armor changes but they changed it back so I'm personally happy with the state of the game right now.
Yeah the new ttk was garbage. Glad they reverted it

I actually like the idea of evo shields

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Update out later today... Not sure how I feel on the skins to be honest. I'm not so dedicated to Caustic or Wattson anymore right now, I play most characters.

They need to stop with the clown theme on Caustic though, I get it guys he's literally a toxic cis straight white male. You can stop telegraphing it now. Never had any shards yet but if I had to get one I'd get the Caustic one out of dedicated and obligation to how long I've been playing him.

Octane skin is nice so I might get that, Wraith always gets good skins though so it's not as impressive.

Not sure how to feel on the LTM but I'll give it a go.

Boss Mog

My "Imperial Defender" Gibraltar went super saiyan for some reason.

pyaxrZZ.jpg

Last edited:

Alx

Yeah Caustic's first clown costume was better, the second one is redundant. I'm disappointed by the skins for this event too, I had enough currencies to craft one of the legendaries (I still regret missing on the Aztec mummy skin for Revenant), but in the end went for regular items since there was nothing I really liked.
Anyway, what was that Sentinel glitch that made them remove it from the game ?

Boss Mog

Yeah Caustic's first clown costume was better, the second one is redundant. I'm disappointed by the skins for this event too, I had enough currencies to craft one of the legendaries (I still regret missing on the Aztec mummy skin for Revenant), but in the end went for regular items since there was nothing I really liked.

Mista

Banned
The gun became full auto

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'm maining Horizon btw, her abilities matches with what I want. Valk was also someone I was interested in but with the way the development and leaks of this game are now its hard to tell who is next.

Banned
I also noticed that they cut off 7 days from the season... which sucks because I need to rank up in ranked mode.
I don't have that much time to play with my team so getting up in the ranks is always really hard. we win often but once you're in platinum you still rank up pretty slowly even with a full score.

Tesseract

Banned
halloween event = brutal

shadows respawn, wall run and double jump, rez knocked teammates

shadow pve ai is good, not sven coop good but these things take time

Tesseract

Banned
finally hit diamond, slow season albeit fun with bursty encounters

weekend path ranked randoms with xplay enabled, god help me

Alx

I like the new Halloween event better than the one last year. Added mobility to the ghosts makes it more fun, and having to protect your surviving teammates adds better purpose than just "go after remaining survivors" (less fun when you're the one alive actually, especially when your ghost mates don't understand they should stay by your side and run to the other end of the map instead :/ ).

Boss Mog

I got used to the French dubs in the game, but I really miss the thick accents most of the characters have. Didn't the devs promise language selection some time ago ?
I noticed French versions of games almost never have any accents, I don't know why. Maybe they think it's "racist" or something, but it makes everything sound bland and boring. Just Cause games are one of the worst offenders, because having a bland accent-less Rico Rodriguez doesn't suit the character at all. I'm pretty sure you can put the original voices back in Apex by setting your language to English in your EA account or by setting your console language to English.

Crypto actually has a lot of phrases in Korean in the English version yet no Korean whatsoever in the French dub.

Last edited:
The info in this OT is very outdated, and I'm tired of seeing the words "Titanfall 3" at a glance, and then that ending in disappointment.

Anyone here care to make a new OT due to the Steam version / new map / clubs feature, etc? I'd say we're due.

Top Bottom