• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

I need a badge for assist legend. Landed half the total damage of a winning match, ended up with zero kills while the jackass with 1/3 of the damage scored 4. Not that it matters... but it does lol. I need a new strategy.

About the map, it's pretty wicked how varied it is. Yeah, it has more open spaces, but it also has a shitload of CQB areas. Had a ridiculous landing with 4 other squads in one of the high rise areas, and the firefights almost felt like Angel City skirmishes at times.

Last edited:
Managed to play a handful of sessions and all the changes work for the better. The game feels faster and i've found enemies become a lot more clustered towards the latter stages of the game (which I like!); this makes it a lot more intense, engaging, thrilling and just extremely rewarding when you become champion.

Great new season and updates.

got my 1st win on the new map last night, me and my buddy actually got a good random

seems to be better players on now though, i guess that new map hype. let down a guy that was amazing right after that by having a terrible game lol

Tesseract

Banned
some hard crashes

a few times at character select (requires hard boot), and a few module locks during the game

the new map will grow on people, there's an awful lot of landscape to learn

Started a game with one player missing, second played fucked off before we landed and still won that bitch single handed with Crypto. Started using his drone more as CCTV, set high up so no-one notices it. It's pretty effective.

Lots of rubberbanding. The game is unplayable for me :/
I just got booted out of my last game. Happened twice last night too.
GiddyEveryEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif

Tesseract

Banned
absolutely destroying with crypto

my randoms are always slow to keep up, at least i have something else to do now

the drone needs a little something extra tho, party poppers imo

Last edited:

Boss Mog

The new map is so fucking fantastic. I fucking love it so much. I had like 50 wins last season but I already have 12 in season 3 and we're only a few days in. Love the new hop ups and the charge rifle. I've gaining a lot of respect for the Flatline, been destroying people with it in full auto and single fire with the hop up. With the hop up it's almost like a longbow that shoots super fast, it's great. The Eva-8 with hop up and purple bolt is a wrecking ball at close range. The hemlock is even more of a beast now with the increased damage. I love how the gear is more spread out on this map and you constantly find gear as you travel. It forces you to constantly be on the move because gear isn't all concentrated in small areas like King's Canyon.

Crypto is amazing and I love him but i don't feel he's OP because you can kill his drone with one bullet and it makes a lot of noise and is easily visible in the sky, not to mention he has no powers whatsoever for 40 seconds when it's destroyed and he's completely vulnerable while piloting it. I hope they don't nerf him.

EDIT: Me and my friends added 3 more wins tonight out of like 6 games played, including our best game ever with 16 squad kills. I know it's nothing compared to the really good players but for amateur weekend warriors such as ourselves it's pretty great I think.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hiding Crypto’s drone behind a squad then wipe them got to be the most satisfying thing in this game. All of them start panicking I LOVE IT

Bryank75

Banned
So it seems like Apex is way more popular with core gamers than Fortnite.... am I correct with this?
Needless to say, I really like Apex. But TF2 was fantastic on MP and probably my favorite mp of this generation.

waylo

Banned
Another event that you need to spend hundreds on to get the skins. But wait, you can use crafting materials to to craft some...but it's 2400 instead of the traditional 1200.

Fuck EA.

Skyr

Who cares about some pointless skins? Can’t you contain yourself from buying some ugly ass skins?
Why do I see people constantly complaining about paying for cosmetics?
Just be an adult, don’t buy that crap and be happy that some suckers still do, so the devs have an reason to update the game that you can play for FREE.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Got 2 but no vaults in the ring both times, sad. I got one from a gold cargo bot and one from a purple one, so you don't necessarily need gold apparently.

The Halloween skins are high key tacky anyway. I ain't giving EA any money for seasonal meme skins, I will take advantage of the free event skins and the zombie mode though.

Top Bottom