• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Tesseract

Banned
giphy.gif

Not long now. How's everyone's end of term report card looking? PS4 player mainly.
S2

Clawed my way back up to a positive k/d from 0.4 or 0.5 towards the start of the season. Hoping for an improvement with s3.

Boss Mog

It's 9pm here, fucking release the damn shit on PS4 already, it's bad enough I'm gonna have to deal with like 15 minutes of "Copying" bullshit after I get the patch.

Apex Legends Season 3 Patch Notes
LEGEND META

All Legends
  • Executioner Perk: Previously, the Gold Armor perk, “Executioner”, gave a full shield recharge on successful completion of a finisher. In Season 3, all Legends will have this perk meaning--finishers will fully recharge your shields regardless if you have Gold Armor equipped or not. Gold Armor will now have a Guardian Angel perk that is detailed below in the Loot / Meta Changes section.
Gibraltar
  • Dome Shield
    • Players in the Dome Shield use healing items 25% faster.
    • Increased the throw distance by 60%.
    • Increased cooldown.
      • 20 seconds -> 30 seconds.
  • Defensive Bombardment
    • Decreased cooldown.
      • 4.5 minutes -> 3 minutes.
    • Decreased duration
      • 8 seconds -> 6 seconds.
    • Increased throw distance by 36%.
Bloodhound
  • Eye of the Allfather
    • Reduced the animation time to activate by 33%.
    • Now immediately tells you how many targets have been pinged.
  • Beast of the Hunt
    • Fixed an issue with FoV scaling messing up ADS aim sensitivity.
    • Reduced animation time to activate by 30%.
    • Increased movement speed bonus
      • 25% -> 30%
Bangalore
  • Rolling Thunder
    • Increased damage
      • 20 -> 40.
Octane
  • Adrenaline Junkie
    • Fixed an issue with FoV scaling messing up ADS aim sensitivity.
Wraith
[Designer Notes: We’ve pulled back additional nerfs for further testing, but Wraith’s power balance is definitely on our radar.]
  • Dimensional Rift
    • No longer deploys if you are downed before placing it.
Pathfinder
  • Grapple
    • Reduced the grapple projectile velocity by 33%, meaning it takes a fraction of a second longer to connect the grapple to the wall. The behavior once you are connected remains the same.
  • Zipline
    • Increased cooldown
      • 90 seconds -> 120 seconds.
WEAPON AND LOOT META
Hop-ups
*[*Designer Notes: We think the number of hop-up types in the game is about as high as we want to go right now when we consider loot dilution and the likelihood of finding a desired hop-up. Going forward, we intend to rotate hop-ups each season -- some may be removed from the loot pool to make room for new or returning ones. Below are the changes we’ll be making to hop-ups for Season 3.]
  • REMOVED: Disruptor Rounds
  • REMOVED: Skullpiercer Rifling
    • The base headshot damage multipliers of the DMR and Wingman have been increased slightly.
      • Wingman: Was 2.0 base / 2.25 with Skullpiercer. Is now 2.15 base.
      • DMR: Was 2.0 base / 2.5 with Skullpiercer. Is now 2.15 base.
  • NEW HOP-UP: Anvil Receiver
    • Attaches to: Flatline and R-301.
    • Rarity: level 4 (gold).
    • This hop-up empowers semi-auto mode; it offers highly increased damage, but at the cost of reduced rate of fire and double ammo per shot.
  • NEW HOP-UP: Double Tap Trigger
    • Attaches to: G7 Scout and EVA-8 Auto.
    • Rarity: level 3 (purple).
    • This hop-up makes each trigger pull fire a quick two round burst.
Consumables
  • Ultimate Accelerants
    • Ultimate charge restored increased
      • 20% -> 35%.
    • Reduced the amount in the world by around 40%.
GOLD GEAR CHANGES
  • Gold Backpack
    • The gold backpack has a new perk, “Guardian Angel”. With Guardian Angel, you will revive downed teammates with bonus health and shields (if they have armor).
  • Gold Armor
    • The gold armor will now have “Fast Use” (consumable items take half as long to use), which was previously on the gold backpack. Now, you will be able to tell when an opponent has the ability to heal faster by seeing the gold armor damage numbers.
WEAPONS
*(*Designer Notes: For Season 3 weapon changes, our goals were to encourage and improve longer range gunfights and reduce power on some of the weapons that have been dominating lately. We will of course be closely watching data and player feedback on these during the season.)
  • R-99
    • Base mag size reduction
      • Before: 18/22/26/30
      • After: 18/20/23/27
    • Added some recoil randomness to patterns.
  • PDW Prowler
    • Added some slight recoil randomness while maintaining the same pattern when fired in full-auto mode.
  • Longbow DMR
    • Reduced rate of fire
      • 1.6 -> 1.3
    • Reduced leg damage multiplier
      • 0.9 -> 0.8
  • G7 Scout
    • Increased base damage
      • 30 -> 34
  • Hemlok
    • Increased base damage
      • 18 -> 22
    • Slight decrease to rate of fire to both fire modes.
  • Mozambique
    • Decreased pattern spread
    • Mozambique will now reset from recoil faster, which should make it easier to track targets and see where shots land.
  • L-STAR
    • Substantial reduction to horizontal recoil.
    • Now comes equipped with 1x Digital Threat optic.
    • Reduced damage
      • 21 -> 19
NEW KITTED GOLD WEAPONS
We’ve swapped out the previous set of Gold Weapons with some fresh new ones for Season 3. Keep an eye out for these fully kitted beasts that all include tier 3 versions of all compatible attachments, hop-up, and the following optics:
  • Flatline
    • Includes 1x-2x optics
  • EVA-8
    • Includes 1x threat scope
  • TripleTake
    • 4x-10x Threat scope
  • G7 Scout
    • 2x-4x optics
  • Charge Rifle
    • 4x-10x threat scope
QUALITY OF LIFE
  • Added a “random” option for customizing your unlocked loadscreens.
  • Expanded the Ping Wheel so that you can now equip your unlocked Intro and Kill quips.
    • Equip up to 8 intro or kill quips in the lobby
    • Nearby enemies can hear quips when activated
    • Press Y while ping wheel is up to access (controller) or F1 (default keyboard binding -- you may need to set this manually as it won’t auto-bind).
    • "Celebrate" quickchat is now the 1st option in the quip wheel (Previously down on dpad).
  • New Legend battle chatter - Legends now have voice lines that will call out when your squad is being third-partied. This is triggered if you take damage when recently damaged by another living squad
  • You can now equip multiple skydive emotes (if you have multiple available on a character) - Hold A while skydiving to open the menu to select the skydive emote you want to use.
  • Daily challenges should only give you, at most, 1 challenge for a Legend you don't own.
  • No dupe character daily challenges (e.g. you should never get 2 Gibraltar dailies in the same day).
  • Fixes for slowdown/performance drops at the start of a match.
  • Mirage - decoys will now go where directed when deploying them during the drop if Mirage isn’t the Jumpmaster.
  • Lifeline - D.O.C. Healing Drone will no longer float away after being deployed on Supply Ships
  • Fixed issue where Legends could show up as locked instead of selected when joining a match late.
  • Small improvements across UI to make fonts and other elements more readable.
  • When swapping weapons with one on the ground, attachments will now attempt to transfer to your stowed weapon in addition to the weapon you are about to pick up.
BUG FIXES
  • Octane - fixed a bug where sometimes mantling while using a tactical stopped players from being able to perform any other actions until the tactical is finished.
  • Wattson - fixed bug where sometimes the visual FX from her fences would not show up after being deployed.
  • Pathfinder - Fixed a bug with Insider Knowledge passive where Survey Beacon locations would disappear from the full map after activating them.
  • Fixed bug where players could sometimes receive additional Battle Pass rewards by leveling up two games in a row.
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed players to spam fire with the Peacekeeper.
  • Fixed bug where looting Lifeline’s Care Packages would not count towards the “Loot X amount of Care Packages” in the Battle Pass challenges.
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes the smoke visual FX from Gibraltar, Bangalore, and Caustic Ultimates would show up on scopes when swapping weapons rapidly.
  • PC - Fixed bug where model settings would be forced to “high” regardless of what setting was selected.
  • Fixed a bug where players could sometimes skip the landing animation after a long fall.
  • Fixed bug where sometimes map fog visual FX would disappear while looting a deathbox.
  • Rebalanced audio to address issues with footsteps, ziplines, and jump jets.
Ranked League Series 2
You can check out the full details for Series 2 and learnings we got from Series 1 in our Ranked Blog here. Some highlights of the changes we’re making below.
  • Rewards for your placement in Ranked Leagues Series 1 will be available to you after downloading the update for Season 3.
  • We’ve adjusted the scoring for Series 2 that allows for more granularity for future improvements.
  • At the launch of Series 2 on 10/1 we’ll be doing a soft reset on everyone Ranked Position from Series 1. The reset will be 1.5 tiers. That means if you ended Series 1 in Gold II, you’ll be reset to Silver IV. Players in Platinum IV will be reset to Silver II, and Apex Predators will be reset to Platinum II.
  • Assists have been added to your overall score.
  • New HUD elements have been added to help players keep track of their in-match RP gains or losses.
  • Leaver Penalty: Players who abandon their teammates will be hit with a matchmaking penalty in both regular and Ranked matches. Penalties will result in a player being barred from joining a match for escalating amounts of time based on how often they have abandoned in Ranked. An abandon is defined as leaving the game before the match is over for you; this includes leaving during character select, leaving while you are alive, and leaving when you are dead but can still be respawned by teammates. Penalty times start out at five minutes, and repeat abandons will increase that time up to a week

Yikes, this will take our mediocre team some time getting used to. Love the colors and tone of the new map, not a fan of wide open spaces, but I guess that's just because it's new. And that Charge Rifle feels like it will see some adjustments real fast.

Anyone remember when Titanfall 3 was still gonna be a thing? Those were good times.

This game sucks.

I'm as thirsty for a new Titanfall as the next guy, but this is a pretty damned good game on its own. If they nail the PVE and flex some of those campaign muscles they showed off with TF2, then the whole package will be pretty hard to beat.

Last edited:

jadedm17

I hate this.

Okay, one match in and I hate it.

Apparently : ""In Season 1 when Octane launched, he was the brand-new thing and you would see a lot of people select Octane as the first player on their team. Then the other two would disconnect because they also wanted to play as the new character," Drew explained, "We think the same type of thing is going to happen with multiple maps."

Or we could just have two modes? We're going from two total game options to four, I think we'll be okay.

I know one several minute match isn't enough to judge but I'm gonna be salty about having no option for map. Might be time to stop playing Apex for a bit.

Boss Mog

Played 5 games with my friends, won 2, not a bad start to the season considering we're more weekend warriors then anything else. What was crazy is that I won the very first game I played this season using Crypto for the first time and getting the last kill with the charge rifle. I was like did this really just happen?

The map is fantastic, so much to explore, me and my friends hated that the ring would make us move, there was so much to loot and discover in every section of the map.

Tesseract

Banned
master of the train right here, choo choo mudda fuckas

charge rifle gives me such life, absolutely my favorite sniper

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
about to jump in for the night and do randoms

so far third partying is way down, lots of varied fights, absolutely loving crypto since i'm always scouting ahead

breathing room is good, but i think it might be time for titans, and boots

Last edited:
They need to increase the number of gun drops and items on this new map. My teams ended up scrambling over a grenade and p2020 like every time we dropped
I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with this. Only got playing a handful of games last night but I found myself scrambling around for loot off the drop for a lot longer than in Kings Canyon. Perhaps it'll just take a while to get the spawns down as I get used to the new surroundings. Loving the map from what I've seen of it so far. I had a fun running battle with another team who was on the train, ducking on and off and using the train as rolling cover. I'm raging that I have to work when I could be playing instead. Sad face.

Tesseract

Banned
drone is so useful to prevent wipes, can easily hack your mates' banners (even if they're in the storm) and be on your way to a reset

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I can't connect to the game, or any EA game on PS4 right now, EA login seems to fail, not reading about any outages though, weird.

EDIT: I can't even connect to https://accounts.ea.com
Seems like it's my ISP's fault, several sites are inaccessible including EA account servers. Fuck I hope they fix it fast. I wanna play.

Last edited:

Cynn

I’m torn on the new map but it’s only been one day so far. The loot pool is very shallow and it makes me agoraphobic as hell.

Biggest issue is just action though. In King’s Canyon you can drop and chase fights all match to the end. The new map is just the right size to run around and only really fight three squads at most. It’s almost like PUBG where you run more than fight in some matches.

I say, up the loot pool and go from 60 to 80 players on World’s End. Hell, maybe 100. I enjoy fighting in the Angel City areas but there’s a lot of dead space out there.

Might take the L... Anyone here on PS4?

I don't really like playing with other people in fear of letting each other down but I can try. If you wanna talk on the mic I do have a Norf FC voice. 😞

I love the new map. I went from being terrible and never getting more than 1k damage/4 kills to an 11, 13, 9, and 10 kill game in a row including unlocking my first 2k badge. All of the varied cover is really helping me. Also all the newbs playing day one.

Last edited:

DonF

Gold Member
Oh man! I'll get to play today! I've seen tons of videos and I have to say I like where things are right now. The map is gorgeous, the new legend looks a little bit OP, but its because he is new, we'll get used to him.

Won a game as Crypto by pressuring the last few people in the game with positional advantage and my drone constantly monitoring them. lmfao.

Also won a game as Lifeline that was just the standard me playing the character properly and not being a fucking moron.

Unsure still on the the new map. I do love the train, got me having Snowpiercer or Mad Max Fury Road vibes but it IS very open compared to King's Canyon.

Tesseract

Banned
crypto players, look at banners when you're hacking (they reveal enemy squads 200 meters in drone range)

also, loot every train stop (they're on a respawn timer)

and re: loot balls, the loot drone's color cycles the loot inside, wait for it to gold

btw you can SLIDE under a lot of buildings in the lava zone

ALL FINISHERS RESTORE SHIELDS --> get to rekting

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
ja lots of bugs, unfortunate

mostly stable launch i think, the season 3 rewards are hit or miss

no crypto dive emotes in the package, no trails for players who skipped outta ranked

still you can tell we're building momentum for more aggressive updates, halloween event is gonna be a lot of fun (rise from our graves)

two huge issues that still need to be fixed on pc =

voice chat
low res texture LOD stuck at legend selection screen, not sure what's going on here, lod has taken a dive in the last few patches

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
round 1 should be shorter, get people moving to the ring

or we need jump boots or something, possibly titans or jetpacks

maybe it's time to up the squad size a player to keep emerging lanes connected, hard to say

we need more geysers too, shock trooping around the map is fun

Last edited:
Oh my god as long as the other two players aren't dumb as shit I can just hide in a corner and use my stand All Eyes On Me to find players within the vicinity and just tell the other two players to hunt them down and light them up. This is actually amazing, brainlets don't know how to use Crypto lmfao.

Top Bottom