• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Tesseract

Banned
god what a wonderful run, spring

stuff like that is why i feel this is the best game out right now

the ttk/ttd is just flawless, the comebacks and assaults you can run are savage

Last edited:
god what a wonderful run, spring

stuff like that is why i feel this is the best game out right now

the ttk/ttd is just flawless, the comebacks and assaults you can run are savage

And to think, when the game first came out, I played it for like two days and dismissed it. Came back to it out of boredom about two weeks from the end of season 1 and it's fucking destroyed my gaming life. I always end up playing this when I have a shelf full of games and massive Steam library that all need playing. Since maxing out the season two pass, I've been able to tear myself away to play other stuff but season three is going to start it all over again. Bring it on.

Tesseract

Banned
so cool, i'm glad development is ramping up enough that we're getting bits of story as we go along, the season 1 drought was brutal

also, i just solo dropped at labs and found a gold backpack and purple armor next to a gold re-45

THAT FEELING =

Last edited:
I love how I'm getting more value out of the story bits in this BR game than I have from any of the recent story-heavy games I've played. Still suck heartily at the game though lol.

Any news on the rumoured PVE mode? Give me that, and I can probably live without TF3 for a while.

Last edited:
Wow. What a trailer. I assume they'll use the downtime to reconstruct the original map and eventually bring it back. Maybe a PvE on the original map for one of the season 3 events?

Last edited:
Wow. What a trailer. I assume they'll use the downtime to reconstruct the original map and eventually bring it back. Maybe a PvE on the original map for one of the season 3 events?

Damn... You could be onto something there. For PvE the data miner That1MiningGuy has said that we'll probably be playing as generic soldiers in the PvE event and with King's Canyon under construction it makes sense for it to happen there. This season is 5 months long so I expect quite a bit of events to fill in the gaps because S2 didn't have good pacing with events.

Damn... You could be onto something there. For PvE the data miner That1MiningGuy has said that we'll probably be playing as generic soldiers in the PvE event and with King's Canyon under construction it makes sense for it to happen there. This season is 5 months long so I expect quite a bit of events to fill in the gaps because S2 didn't have good pacing with events.

Oh, didn't know about that. The generic soldiers bit is interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to go and clear out all the animal things. Otherwise, seems odd to have brought them into the place and lock them in cages. Maybe that work was ongoing during season two and why we see some in cages, but it wasn't finished and they decided to leave the map while the place was reconstructed.

Tesseract

Banned
Have you already played it? Are you holding out on us?
giphy.gif

near

Gold Member
I'm hyped! The new map looks good, but what will happen with the current map? Also, it doesn't look that big, so it is an extension of Kings Canyon?

enjoy the new map, guys

obscene amount of hard work and playtesting went into it

Is this the entirety of the new map?

AdwM1vd.jpg

Da-Kid

I'm hyped! The new map looks good, but what will happen with the current map? Also, it doesn't look that big, so it is an extension of Kings Canyon?

Is this the entirety of the new map?

AdwM1vd.jpg
More than likely that's a stylised version for the trailer to highlight the landmarks but will be more dense in-game.

near

Gold Member
More than likely that's a stylised version for the trailer to highlight the landmarks but will be more dense in-game.

I understand that it's not to scale, I'm just curious to know if what we see in that image are pretty much all the sections of this new map. If it is I expect it to be smaller than King's Canyon, which would be a good thing.

Da-Kid

I understand that it's not to scale, I'm just curious to know if what we see in that image are pretty much all the sections of this new map. If it is I expect it to be smaller than King's Canyon, which would be a good thing.
Oh idk. Feel like we'll see a gameplay trailer tomorrow or Sunday since it's Twitchcon.

manfestival

Looks like some pretty cool stuff. I like the way the map currently is. Got to play recently with my new mouse (Glorious Model O). Took very very little to get used to but I feel like I am aiming like a god with it. I mean I still suck at long range but get at me mid to short!

Boss Mog

Magnificent. Those treasure rooms look insane.

So his name is Park Tae Joon. They're really trying to push this game in the Korean market I see.

EDIT: I was so engrossed that I didn't even realize they were using the Anti-Titan Charge Rifle on my first watch. Gonna be amazing, the 1st can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

So I'm guessing the 2 legendary skins in the battlepass are the ice robot and fire lifeline then? If so I'm not super thrilled about it, they look like a step down from the Caustic season 2 skin.

So I'm guessing the 2 legendary skins in the battlepass are the ice robot and fire lifeline then? If so I'm not super thrilled about it, they look like a step down from the Caustic season 2 skin.
While people shit on the Jade Tiger it makes way more sense than these ones. Not a fan of them bringing in like fantasy skins and stuff but eh... As long as the game is fire.

Boss Mog

While people shit on the Jade Tiger it makes way more sense than these ones. Not a fan of them bringing in like fantasy skins and stuff but eh... As long as the game is fire.
Exactly, that's my issue with it as well. Those skins look like something out of Fortnite. I want my Apex skins to be the Apex characters just in different costumes/armors/face paint/masks etc.., no supernatural stuff.

Tesseract

Banned
LAST DAY TO FINISH YOUR BATTLE PASS

weeklys don't expire so if yer behind there's a good chance you can still make it to the end if you grind all day

godspeed, legends

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Crypto has a Dante-ish skin it seems:
5xioz4gjlrp31.jpg

The golden body armor now enables quick item use, the backpack now revives players with more health and shields
2wrqxdapprp31.png

New hop up:
ikgn4xefmrp31.jpg

Apparently Disruptor rounds and Skullpiercer hop ups have been removed, which is kind of sad as The Alternator and RE-45 will go back to being near useless. Another new hop up allows the G7 and Eva-8 to fire two quick shots per trigger pull.

The map:
292imoy1jrp31.png

Crypto seems decent:

The Charge Rifle:

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
The new map looks beautiful. Seems like the map is also larger than King's Canyon according to some previews, which isn't something I wanted if I'm honest. I'm glad they've taken out the disruptor rounds for this update, I don't think they needed to remove the skullpiercer though - it was already relatively hard to find.

Boss Mog

LOL, just as I'm finally getting some good performance with the Alternator, it gets a nerf. I feel like I'm being actively trolled by this game.
Ultimately though the R99 was a bit better so I'm not too broken up about the loss of disrurtor rounds but it did give you more options which is always nice. I would have prefered they got rid of hammerpoint since so many people are running around with P2020s cheating with some kind of autofire. I mean on consoles it's pretty easy to tell who's cheating with autofire, pulling a trigger is a lot slower than clicking a mouse after all.

Apparently the Longbow and Wingman are going to get headshot boost to put them close to Skullpiercer level, seems the rate of fire on the Longbow is going to be lowered back down though sadly.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Wraith and Pathfinder got nerfed?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Gibraltar's shield apparently heals now so he's gonna be frauded hard this season. 🤔
From what I understand it doesn't heal, it accelerates the recharge rate of abilities. Nice for if Crypto's drone gets destroyed.

Top Bottom