• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Mista

Banned
You weren't lying mate.
EDO8GHGVUAAs769
Told you. Every fucking thing is about her like if she's the only character in the game..

Alx

First time I've won with a grenade (at least it seems I got the kill, can't be sure)

I think I got most of my wins carrying a Spitfire. I don't know if that weapon is still overpowered, or it just fits my playing style...

First time I've won with a grenade (at least it seems I got the kill, can't be sure)

I think I got most of my wins carrying a Spitfire. I don't know if that weapon is still overpowered, or it just fits my playing style...

Spitfire with level 3 mag and stabilizer is a wrecking machine.

Alx

The new mode is a nice change of pace from the regular one. It's mostly hide and seek with snipers, but there are some moments.

Too many people want to check the new area at the same time though :p.

Tesseract

Banned
few things

renderer changes are nice, texture fidelity is far greater although the LOD is kinda wacked right now (some character select textures aren't asset swapping to higher resolutions)

lighting changes also nice, fidelity significantly improved

porting into contested choke points from the air is GREAT but here's the thing --> why is the portal transition into singed labs so long, it's significantly longer than a wraith port

maybe consider making that room TALLER with at least 3 rando entry points, throwing a server of 60 into a blender is not wise

Tesseract

Banned
absolutely love the new event and the rewards for it are pretty good

the new light renderer is rad, this game looks dope at higher settings

I'm starting to think the game is messing with me. Had the weirdest encounter where the opposing team had our names, leading to the most confusing fight any of us had ever experienced.

Between that and enemies with Predator-like invisibility and odd bugs where the game seems convinced that you're somehow out of bounds, this game is seriously becoming too trippy for me lol.

Boss Mog

Apparently pingable structure plus threat scopes equals wallhack:

Let's hope they fix that shit asap.
Also they need to stop people with autofire from using P2020 with hammerpoint, it's complete bullshit and I'm seeing it more and more. They should make it so if it detects you're firing too fast, then the gun jams for 3 seconds and you can't switch weapons during the jam.

Uninstalled this game until S3. Need a break from it to do more things with my days off work.

Looking forward to S3 and I assume the UK may end up just getting metal over lootboxes in the season passes soon enough.

Tesseract

Banned
i like the portals, i hope they continue to pop up across the map

the idea of port hopping around even greater areas of the map is pretty good, i see few downsides

Mista

Banned
After reaching 110 in the BP, there's nothing that makes me want to play.

Of course the big reason is that there're plenty of games out now

But even if there isn't, there's nothing that makes me want to play

Tesseract

Banned
about to jump in for the day, feeling really good

think i'm gonna do randoms today, try to lead and ping and drive the team forward

That Apex Preseasonal was something else. Really liked the format. You got points for placement plus 1 point per kill. Had to reach 50 total points and then win a match to win. I think they went 11 or 12 games in the final bracket to crown a winner.

It's such a different game than what I get at home. All wattson fences, teams are 5 feet from each other for 15 minutes and don't shoot each other.

Tesseract

Banned
That Apex Preseasonal was something else. Really liked the format. You got points for placement plus 1 point per kill. Had to reach 50 total points and then win a match to win. I think they went 11 or 12 games in the final bracket to crown a winner.

It's such a different game than what I get at home. All wattson fences, teams are 5 feet from each other for 15 minutes and don't shoot each other.

yeah it was really fun

those rewards are okay, i expect better in s03

ranked needs some work going forward, meta changes to eliminate camping and the ring speed in early rounds needs to be doubled or tripled

last day to get your iron crown rewards, the epic scout skins are easy enough to get, wraith music pack isn't bad either

about to jump in for the night, gonna do randoms and lead the team

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
ja it will prolly start mid october, it should be a lot of fun as halloween is around the corner

just got three ranked wins!

Top Bottom