• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends Mobile will launch in select regions next week

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a blog post, the developer revealed that Apex Legends Mobile will be available on Android and iOS in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Colombia starting February 28th.

The blog also reveals that the developer will “share updates on global launch once we’ve made informed decisions coming out of the limited regional launch.”

I wonder what this means for default crossplay settings. Are they mixing mobile players with console players out of the bag? Or is it how the PC person in a party mixes your crossplay now? I doubt mobile users stand much of a chance against console players let alone PC KB+M players.

I would welcome some easier games though, it's a sweat-fest of a game late at night in pubs or ranked.

Last edited:

CamHostage

I was curious what this was compared to standard Apex Legends, here's a video if anybody else hasn't seen this version:

Although it doesn't offer cross-play, this is not an alternative game like Rocket League Sideswipe; looks like it's basically a normal version of Apex (not sure of the map size though?) with mobile bips and bobs glued on. (Some new features have been wanted by console/PC gamers for a while actually.)

Mobile First Adaptations & Innovations
- A standalone Apex Legends title on mobile
- Optimized UI and controls custom-built for mobile devices
- Unique mobile-only content and gameplay modes
- New Legends, maps, gameplay, modes, progression, and live events

Banned
I was curious what this was compared to standard Apex Legends, here's a video if anybody else hasn't seen this version:

Although it doesn't offer cross-play, this is not an alternative game like Rocket League Sideswipe; looks like it's basically a normal version of Apex (not sure of the map size though?) with mobile bips and bobs glued on. (Some new features have been wanted by console/PC gamers for a while actually.)

it is an alternative game, completely different engine, completely different devs, different balancing, different ccontrols, switchable 3rd person view, different skins, the maps have been altered somewhat and not all maps are there yet.

CamHostage

it is an alternative game, completely different engine, completely different devs, different balancing, different ccontrols, switchable 3rd person view, different skins, the maps have been altered somewhat and not all maps are there yet.

Good to know. Was just saying, it's not like a side-on game like the Rocket League mobile game, or like a strategy spin-off or something like that. However, it is another Tencent’s L&Q development project, much like PUBG Mobile.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Did this not launch with no gamepad support? Put on my USB c gamepad, and it doesn't work. Works for everything else, other games and things like remote play/gamepass

Last edited:

Banned
Did this not launch with no gamepad support? Put on my USB c gamepad, and it doesn't work. Works for everything else, other games and things like remote play/gamepass
it has controller support but it's broken atm it seems. the rebind options don't work, and on my 8bitdo the left trigger isn't recognized (dualsense doesn't work correctly at all since the triggers get recognize as the right stick...)

BlueHawk

Neo Member
this could be pretty huge tbh. I mean if LoL WR can get double the views of Halo, this could probably get almost double too. 🤷‍♂️😂

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
it has controller support but it's broken atm it seems. the rebind options don't work, and on my 8bitdo the left trigger isn't recognized (dualsense doesn't work correctly at all since the triggers get recognize as the right stick...)
right but even the ones that work somewhat, I am only seeing blutooth options working, I have not seen wired options working. Do we know if those are 'supported'

I put my gamesir x2 via type c, and it does not register at all

Last edited:

Banned
the Series X controller works perfectly btw. the only issue of course being that you can't rebind buttons -_- which is a huge issue for me as an avid bumper jumper user

BlueHawk

Neo Member
Just had some games and I actually strongly prefer this to the console version, and the touch controls seem just right. That’s so odd.
Oh and got a chicken dinner. 🤩

Last edited:

Banned
Just had some games and I actually strongly prefer this to the console version, and the touch controls seem just right. That’s so odd.
Oh and got a chicken dinner. 🤩

you most likely say this because you have been playing against bots exclusively.
this version is barely even playable once actual players get involved, neither touch not controller controls are even remotely decent once you actually try to play for real and aren't vaguely aiming at brainless bots for the first 3 or 4 games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Apex Legends Mobile showcases Respawn's skill in creating unique and polished FPS experiences even on a mobile platform. While the controls are a bit lacking, Apex Mobile sets the bar for mobile FPS games with its ability to keep Apex's iconic movement mechanics and core unique battle royale experience intact. Here is our review of Apex Legends Mobile.

Last edited:

BlueHawk357

I am really enjoying this. Much prefer it to console version, and even don’t mind touch screen controls at all! Probably about equal to playing a Switch game when out.

Top Bottom