• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here with high ocular tension?

Whitecrow

Banned
This thread may seem a bit weird. But let me seek for advice pls.

Im in the upper limit of the no danger zone for ocular tension. The doctor didnt gave me any medicine cause of that. But the thing is, its tanking a toll in my mental health. For two reasons.

One. My eyes hurt. And more when looking at screens. And guess what. I work as a programmer. So if my eyes want to hurt, I cant avoid it.

Two. I already have mild hyperacusis, and certain specific sounds hurt me because yes, and now also my eyes. So fuck me.

On top of everything, an untreated ADHD that makes my life harder than normal.

But anyways.
Does anybody know anything about this high ocular tension? Can it go away just as it came? Im in for a life with cronic eye pain?

Man I cant get a break, for the life of me. And yes, im already getting treated with antidepressants, but no luck for now with the pills...

Boss Mog

If screens bother you turn the brightness down to minimum and use "Night Mode" to remove a lot of blue light, which is harmful to our eyes. You can also buy glasses to reduce blue light, or have a coating added to your prescription glasses if you wear some. It makes a big difference. I used to have trouble falling asleep sometimes if i did a lot of screen-time before bed, but now if i do any screen close to bed time i turn brightness down and turn on night mode and I no longer have that problem.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If screens bother you turn the brightness down to minimum and use "Night Mode" to remove a lot of blue light, which is harmful to our eyes. You can also buy glasses to reduce blue light, or have a coating added to your prescription glasses if you wear some. It makes a big difference. I used to have trouble falling asleep sometimes if i did a lot of screen-time before bed, but now if i do any screen close to bed time i turn brightness down and turn on night mode and I no longer have that problem.

This, you would hope it's obvious to someone in OP's position but slap night mode on every device you own. I'm a programmer too so working on a PC for 8 hours and then often playing games for another 4/5 can be a real killer. Night mode on every device and use eyedrops, take regular breaks to just look at something else for a while.

Mistake

I used to play too many games that required a lot of focus, but as I got older my eyes didn’t like it at all, so I had to limit myself. Get good sleep, reduce screen time wherever possible, and you should see an improvement after about two weeks. Don’t use too many eye drops for red eye, because that can make it worse over time. Use the other kind to keep things lubricated and avoid rubbing your eyes

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
I was having really bad problems with eye strain and migraines not long ago and a lot of it was down to my heavy use of computers for work.

What I found has made a difference was 2 things.

1. I changed my monitor and got a really good one with a decent refresh rate and good picture. It cost a lot more than the one I was using and I kinda resented the outlay at first but the picture difference is noticable and my eyes don't get as tired working on it.

2. I installed a brightness/colour adjusting app on my devices. These apps adjust the brightness and colour tone of your display depending on your location and the time of day essentially making the output more managable and easier on the eyes during later and earlier hours of the day. On my desktop PC I use F.lux which is free and is doing the job well enough.

Since doing this My eyes have been less tired/sore and my migraines have reduced. Not sure if it'll help you, but it's what I've tried and found to work so maybe give it a shot.

Top Bottom