• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone going 3900x to 5900x?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Due to great EU consumer service I can take back my 3900x and get basicaly 12k CZK back and new Ryzen is 15k CZK, I think I will do it. X570-E is supported, so I think I would be stupid to not pay such measly price and not get the best consumer level CPU right now. Since I am rocking 3090, so why bother with some lame-ass last gen CPU.

So anyone like that?

Skifi28

Is a 3900x even utilised in gaming? I probably wouldn't bother unless I wanted to game at 240fps or something.

M1chl

Is a 3900x even utilised in gaming? I probably wouldn't bother unless I wanted to game at 240fps or something.
I mean it's not really for gaming, but for programming and productivity use. I think it will matter if you have 18% more IPC...

Knightime_X

I feel like it's a waste of money to go from a 3900 to 5900 when the 3900 isn't even remotely struggling.
Maybe a 5900 in a few years after it has dropped in price and can be utilized better.

I have a 3800 right now and since it's doing so well I don't see the point in upgrading yet.

maxwell247

I have 3900x, and 2070s. I watched the tests today and can say for gaming in higher framerates, such an upgrade is good. But for anything else, i'm not so sure...I work with 3d software most of the time (Zbrush, Maya, Painter) and perfomance of my rig is good enough.

supernova8

Banned
I'm on B450 with a 3900X so yeah I could upgrade to a 5000 series CPU but I don't see the point. My GPU is absolute dogshit so it makes more sense for me to spend money there. Besides, if I get myself a very nice RX 6800 XT then when the times comes for me to feel the need to upgrade my CPU, hopefully we'll be on Zen 5 or something (with DDR5 memory) and it'll feel worth the money and effort.

chinoXL

i'm gonna hold off. i game at 3440x1440 100fps and with my 3900x on X570 and 2080ti, they handle just about every game at those specs...good to see AMD putting in work and not just relaxing

M1chl

I feel like it's a waste of money to go from a 3900 to 5900 when the 3900 isn't even remotely struggling.
Maybe a 5900 in a few years after it has dropped in price and can be utilized better.

I have a 3800 right now and since it's doing so well I don't see the point in upgrading yet.
But you see, after that time, dealer does not give me money for my old CPU, this is like 3000CZK (132USD) upgrade, that's not bad I think....

Bubba77

i was thinking about it since i have the motherboard and everything, but think Im just going to wait until zen4 and do full build

rsouzadk

Due to great EU consumer service I can take back my 3900x and get basicaly 12k CZK back and new Ryzen is 15k CZK, I think I will do it. X570-E is supported, so I think I would be stupid to not pay such measly price and not get the best consumer level CPU right now. Since I am rocking 3090, so why bother with some lame-ass last gen CPU.

So anyone like that?

I'm in the same boat, but here in Brazil the prices are too high.

But, since when is 3900x a lame ass cpu? Lol.

Last edited:

M1chl

I'm in the same boat, but here in Brazil the prices are too high.

But, since when 3900x it is a lame ass cpu? Lol.
angeo_5a.gif

Top Bottom