• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel like Sega isn't doing enough with the Sonic Franchise?

Saber

Gold Member
I don't see any benefit of going open world other than making the game more tedious to play, I rather have proper level design.

Yeah I'm with yah. They need to go back to the basics of proper level design before even start making games again. Forces is the proof that they don't have a care in world.
The games haven't had proper 3D level design in over a decade, why not try something new.

They have being doing this for ages and failing in almost everyone of them.

But seeing some very dumb takes about Forces made me realize most people don't really understand that is just because Sonic never did means that they should. Certains genres and types of gameplay are incompactible with Sonic, like FPS. This type of thinking only makes Sonic series goes deeper in its hole.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
The Wii version of Rodea is actually quite nice as it plays much better and keeps a good flow. Wii U/3DS versions were outsourced and the game just wasn't made to be played that way.

I had Nights Wii. It was weird, never finished it. I just couldn't get a hang of the controls.

Yeah, we'll see. I'm not really hooked by Balan but at least there is some variety in gameplay and levels. (which is not granted at all for a new Nights)

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, we'll see. I'm not really hooked by Balan but at least there is some variety in gameplay and levels. (which is not granted at all for a new Nights)
It does look decent though. I just hope it controls good.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see another Sonic Adventure type game honestly. I loved the environments and so much replay value. The Sonic brand definitely deserves some love.

They just need to nail the level design in the Sonic games.

Generations was certainly a step in the right direction for the most part for Modern Sonic.

I didn't like how Forces levels were...felt way too short and had some stupid platforming segments when it went to 2D for both Modern and Classic Sonic.

D.Final

Banned
Sonic Mania is the path, they should do the same as Nintendo did with Super Mario Worlds ...a Sonic with 2.5 D world with updated graphics.

3D they need to give the IP to new people , it has been a lot of tries ans only Sonic Adbventures gave some hope.

2.5D is the future of Sonic
Well Sonic mania is something

Derktron

Banned
Maybe Nintendo should buy the Sonic IP and treat it with the respect it deserves. Because SEGA has forgotten what made them which is Sonic.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think an issue is that, comparatively, sega is actually a somewhat small publisher these days. Yakuza games and fantasy star are guaranteed hits, so they are getting the bulk of their budget. 3d Sonic games are a little more expensive to produce, and often require the devs to make somewhat big, good looking environments that people just boost right through. I think big 3d sonics are a riskier venture than their current bread and butter, yakuza and fantasy star. I think sega needs to figure out how to make good, cost effective, 3d sonic games and get them out more often.

Top Bottom