• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else pissed that there is no cross save for remakes, remasters, SE, for multi-platform games?

levyjl1988

Banned
It's like you play Halo 3, Reach, and Halo 4 on Xbox 360, for example, and when you jump into Halo Masterchief Collection, none of the stats and progress are ported and carried to the Halo Masterchief Collection. So you have to play it again from scratch.
or when you play Skyrim on the Xbox 360 and then when there is a Special Edition on Xbox One, you can't transfer your progress to it. Or when you want to play Skyrim on any other platform there isn't cross-save.
Starting from scratch in video games feels like a damn chore, but you want to enjoy the convenience of the portability or the unique features of the different consoles. PS4 for the VR experience. Switch for the portable experience. PC for the best modding experience.
Why can't games have cloud saves damnit! There is so much friction when one chooses to double dip on a game.

/rant.

TexMex

If I didn’t want to play it all over again from scratch, why would I have bought the remake? Just to import a completed save and admire my stats?

Cross save, sure, I guess? Only bought the same game on both PC and console a couple times in my life tho.

Rykan

For remasters, yes. Especially when it's a really big game like Skyrim.

For remakes, No. Remakes are a different game entirely. It's what separates a remake from a remaster.

FrozenFlame

If I didn’t want to play it all over again from scratch, why would I have bought the remake?

While I do agree with you, there's the possibility that the person wants to play it again in NG+ without having to unlock stuff again.
Or perhaps that person was in the middle of the game and now wants to continue in the improved version.
Although, like Rykan said, it doesn't make sense for remakes since (normally?) the game was heavily changed.

Top Bottom