• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else have a new found love for gaming?

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I noticed some threads with some people losing interest in gaming lately and I couldn't help but to say that gaming is absolutely bliss for me right now. Are there any games that do this for you?

I've been playing these games (A lot of them I've already beaten)

Uncharted Lost Legacy
Spider-man 2018
Life is Strange
Dreams
Unravel
Anno Mutationem
Returnal
Outlast

I have a huge backlog taller than a giraffe's ass and there's a whole slew of games coming this year that I want to play, most of them being JRPGs

Sword and Fairy Together Forever
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Valkyrie Elysium
GoW Ragnarok
The Quarry
Lost Epic
Little Devil Inside
Gotham Knights
Hogwarts
Forspoken
Stray

There's an over abundance of good games and I love it

Last edited:
im still enjoying them but i doubt i will ever enjoy gaming as much as i did during my younger years. that isnt a reflection of the games but just a natural process of aging.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
New love? My man, I've always loved dem games. :lollipop_content:

For me the struggle is trying to actually game less and do other things aside from gaming and shit posting online all day.

There are many cool hobbies, but at the end of the day playing video games is the thing that I most prefer. It tickles your imagination, it tells you stories and put your skills to challenge, all at once, and while being comfy at home. Is there anything that could beat that? Maybe sex, but you know, sex is temporary and DOOM is Eternal.

This happens to me too. Lots of games left to play but, sometimes, you just wanna get comfy and play something you know and love.

Markio128

I’m a pretty busy family man, but I’ve still managed to put 100ish hours into GT7, complete HFW and Cyberpunk 2077 in the last couple of months. Now playing Paradise Killer as a bit of a palette cleanser before I get stuck into another biggie.

I’m not really concerned about any new releases at the moment, though I am looking forward to Hogwarts and Forspoken later this year.

I don’t think I’ve ever fallen out of love with gaming.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm on vacation and have been playing through the FF14 Endwalker content and I'm having an awesome time. I'm also sprinkling in a little GT7 here and there as well.
Then next month I'm looking forward to some classic gaming with Capcom Fighting Collection and Sonic Origins.

Hobbygaming

New love? My man, I've always loved dem games. :lollipop_content:

For me the struggle is trying to actually game less and do other things aside from gaming and shit posting online all day.

There are many cool hobbies, but at the end of the day playing video games is the thing that I most prefer. It tickles your imagination, it tells you stories and put your skills to challenge, all at once, and while being comfy at home. Is there anything that could beat that? Maybe sex, but you know, sex is temporary and DOOM is Eternal.

This happens to me too. Lots of games left to play but, sometimes, you just wanna get comfy and play something you know and love.
Nailed it! And I'm notorious for replaying my favorite campaigns over and over. I feel like I have enough games to last me an eternity

Hobbygaming

I’m a pretty busy family man, but I’ve still managed to put 100ish hours into GT7, complete HFW and Cyberpunk 2077 in the last couple of months. Now playing Paradise Killer as a bit of a palette cleanser before I get stuck into another biggie.

I’m not really concerned about any new releases at the moment, though I am looking forward to Hogwarts and Forspoken later this year.

I don’t think I’ve ever fallen out of love with gaming.
I'm glad you're still able to find the time and I forgot about Hogwarts and Forspoken I'm definitely getting those too 👍

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
8-12 hour runs of Elden Ring
denzel washington GIF

Based.

Kssio_Aug

I believe that we are living a good time for gaming. As much as I think the AAA industry is becoming worse, we can't deny that more than ever there are TONS of games in any of the platforms, backwards compatibility, emulators, a funcking ton of indie titles, Game Pass, cloud gaming options, VR, and so on. It's easy to ignore the shit titles, because there's plenty of things to play doesn't matter where you look at.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I honestly never lost my love for gaming, I'm enjoying games as much as I did when I was younger.

Edit: i Also in a year of delays....

I can't complain.

Last edited:

Three

Uncharted Lost Legacy
Spider-man 2018
Life is Strange
Dreams
Unravel
Anno Mutationem
Returnal
Outlast

I have a huge backlog taller than a giraffe's ass and there's a whole slew of games coming this year that I want to play, most of them being JRPGs

Granblue Fantasy Relink
Valkyrie Elysium
GoW Ragnarok
The Quarry
Lost Epic
Little Devil Inside
Gotham Knights
Hogwarts
Forspoken
Stray

I've been playing Unravel 2 coop with my brother. It's awesome. Trying to get gold on the times is a good challenge too.

spookyfish

I do, but .. it’s with retro gaming now. I have a room of 7 Arcade1Ups, I *finally* got the hang of adding my own games to the AtGames Arcade Legends Gamer Pro, and I’m (SLOWLY) modding an A1Up with a PC to run batocera and MAME for three and four-player game goodness.

Still like new tech—not gonna lie—but I’m enjoying memory lane for now. Even have the Daphne emulator up and running. I haven’t played Cliffhanger in probably 30+ years.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting my Steam Deck has definitely reunited my love of gaming (not that it ever really left).

spawn

I used to have 0 patience for soulsborne type games. After I beat dark souls 1 I have been trying to beat them all. I've already beat dark souls 2 and 3 and I'm working on Bloodborne now. My love for gaming will never die

Having a blast! Playing:
Elden Ring
Crystal Project
Dragon Quest XI
Grim Fandango Remastered

Looking forward to:
FFXVI
BotW2
Return to Monkey Island
Forspoken
FF7R2

Thinking about resubbing to FFXIV to play during my vacation week that my girlfriend will be working.

Hobbygaming

Having a blast! Playing:
Elden Ring
Crystal Project
Dragon Quest XI
Grim Fandango Remastered

Looking forward to:
FFXVI
BotW2
Return to Monkey Island
Forspoken
FF7R2

Thinking about resubbing to FFXIV to play during my vacation week that my girlfriend will be working.
That's some nice diversity

kyliethicc

I noticed some threads with some people losing interest in gaming lately and I couldn't help but to say that gaming is absolutely bliss for me right now. Are there any games that do this for you?

Uncharted Lost Legacy
Spider-man 2018
Life is Strange
Dreams
Unravel
Anno Mutationem
Returnal
Outlast

Granblue Fantasy Relink
Valkyrie Elysium
GoW Ragnarok
The Quarry
Lost Epic
Little Devil Inside
Gotham Knights
Hogwarts
Forspoken
Stray

Yeah gaming has never been better for me.

Lotta fun games ahead too.

Gamerguy84

Ps1 and Ps2 gens were unbelievable for me.

PS3 gen I liked but nothing blew me away the entire period. Even with the advances like hard drive and games like MAG. I thought I was done.

PS4 gen comes and blows me away again and became as fun and meaningful as 1 and 2.

PS5 gen had started a bit slow but well see.

Varteras

Gold Member
Playing the hell out of Stellaris. Getting psyched for the coming convention season. Raiding in WoW and looking forward to more Dragonflight info. Working on Shadowbringers for FF14. Jumping into Tarkov now and then. Eager to see the PS Plus revamp in North America. My love for gaming never leaves. It just takes on different forms from time to time.

levyjl1988

Banned
The only games that removed me from such trepidations were games like:

Elden Ring; the game felt like a complete game on launch, not a broken mess, hid entire secrets in such obtuse ways, which resulted in subreddits to discover. The souls franchise always continues to challenge the standards of gaming, and it is well deserved. It all started with Dark Souls, but it all accumulated into this masterpiece.

Dragon Age: Origins; the game felt like an adventure through and through, creating my character, and being emotionally invested as I followed through. Future Dragon Age games really suck and killed the franchise.

Alice Madness Returns; is very inventive, enjoyed the combat and the stark contrast in level design and variety. Really liked the subtle dark undertones involved.

There are many other games I enjoyed, but nothing stood out more than these 3, to be honest.

BlueHawk

Neo Member
I’m just burnt out paying £60+ for games now. I’ve not turned in my PS5 for 3-4months now. This year I enjoyed Guardians of Galaxy, Tunic, LiS True Colors, Lost In Random and more thanks to Gamepass.

But the real *oomph* that’s got me into gaming is my phone lately. I’ve been really enjoying LoL Wild Rift and it’s the first game in probably a few years that I’ve wanted to be in for days at a time, and Apex Legends Mobile is real fun too!

Top Bottom