• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else getting lag spikes on Diablo 4 on ps5.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I have a great network and up into this point I have had 0 issues playing online anything on any of my consoles.

It feels like cloud gaming at times.

Checked my network speed and wirelessly getting 300 Mbps down. I keep getting network lag on Diablo 4. Delayed button presses along with a 1+ second lag. Anyone else having issues on ps5?

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
'Dont you guys not have better connections?'

nS7eW2O.jpg

GenericUser

I think it happens on all platforms. I have the same issues on xbox. But it's not that big of a deal, it will sort out itself eventually.

I have a great network and up into this point I have had 0 issues playing online anything on any of my consoles.

It feels like cloud gaming at times.

Checked my network speed and wirelessly getting 300 Mbps down. I keep getting network lag on Diablo 4. Delayed button presses along with a 1+ second lag. Anyone else having issues on ps5?
I can play any other game all day long. I have Ubiquity gear and I can verify that my network is alright. All PS5 games and fortnite, cod etc works. Happens in Diablo when I am alone in caves, in cities and all ocer the world and it just seems random. Can’t even sell/buy things when it happens, then everything happens at once.

I have stopped playing Diablo 4 several times on the PS5 because of rubberbanding and freezes, which at times has killed me or just made traversing the world plain boring.

Loved hardcore in the other games, but I would never play it in Diablo 4 on PS5. It is just such an uneven experience.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
They need to fix this asap or better yet turn off the online only requirement. If I knew this bullshit was going on I would of waited months to get the game.

Idiot me buying a modern AAA title and expecting it to work properly at launch. The game industry is shit right now m

DavidGzz

It's an MMO with a shop, we must suffer until it becomes less popular. I don't have any issues but I also play in the middle of the night. Path of Exile 2 will likely have the same issue. Everything is moving to online only. Sadge

Puscifer

Yes, but also on PC. It must be because of the amount of people logging in. Hopefully it will be better in the next few days
More to do with ridiculous anti-piracy bullshit that loads in enemies when they need to be there. As much as I prefferred D3 on PC playing it offline on consoles it was wild how smooth it was, now that online only nonsense has migrated over to consoles you guys are getting the same thing we got. Shit sucks.

It's an MMO with a shop, we must suffer until it becomes less popular. I don't have any issues but I also play in the middle of the night. Path of Exile 2 will likely have the same issue. Everything is moving to online only. Sadge
But people won't have paid 70 dollars to play Path of Exile only to NOT be able to play Path of Exile when they want to play Path of Exile. Very few games can justify not including an offline mode, and Diablo 4 is not one of them.

flipsake

Neo Member
I lost a nice medalion because I accidently dropped it when moving it across to the blacksmith for upgrading and the game wouldn't let me pick it up again :messenger_weary:

On PC, I've only noticed slight hiccups when phasing into a new zone/instance.

Oh and one time when I joined my friend (who is in the Philippines), the game simply wouldn't let anyone into the world boss area. He had to join my party (on US servers) in order for us to join the fight.

Nydius

As others have said, looks like an issue across all platforms as it’s hitting me on Series X as well. It’s only particularly bad when I am in places with other people or if other people wander into the same public event. I occasionally have an issue in dungeons, but those are very few and far between.

What I have been experiencing more frequently of late is wiping out a group of enemies in the open world only to have them immediately respawn and practically drop on my head.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I find it basically unplayable on PS5. I would refund if I could.

FeralEcho

Enjoy your always online single player experiences gamers and also fuck you too for making this a reality.Fuck myself too for buying into shit like this and sending them a message that we like this garbage.

"But don't you guys have internet,why would IT bother me its 2023,everyone has internet now,everyone îs connected and we already have services like PSN and XBL and Steam and everything îs going all digital so why do people care so much If it îs online or not" -Shit like this îs WHY you dumbass idiots,the fact that they control everything about the game with a simple patch,the fact that the servers can go tits up at anytime and you're left with a 70 euro unplayable game.

Top Bottom