• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else find this halo hdd ad a bit misleading?

Codes 208

This one in particular

As many of you are already aware, external drives work on next gen consoles more as a secondary install for off-loading games you arent currently playing (or playing last gen titles) because they dont support the current gen versions of games.

well the idea of promoting this new HDD being used with a series s just screams misleading because i dont think people at large realize that fact (and as an electronics associate at a walmart ive had to explain this to customers a few times) so it wont be until after they buy it that they’ll realize that theyre stuck with the last gen version of a game like halo if they so choose to use that drive.

im still super excited to play again after the flight but these kinds of ads just seems like bait and switch and dont sit right with me. (Or atleast have a warning that it can only play games via BC on current gen hardware) I guess i just dont see the point of marketing these things anymore anyway as well but thats just my two cents.

Kuranghi

They covered their asses, it says "storage space" and not "game library":

kkmvw3byo6w61.jpg

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

I mean, it doesn't explain all the ins and outs in the tweet, but it's still viable to use external hard drives as cold storage for next gen games, and when someone finds that out they have the option to return it. SSD only for in-use next gen games is pretty well understood this gen.

Aldynes

That's nothing when compared to the times we had to explain to customers that the PSP GO didn't had a UMD drive or the whole Wii U being a console and not just an accessory for the Wii, share your stories dear retails veterans !

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Yea, a little misleading or assuming their audience knows more about these consoles than many probably do. They do summarize external storage usage on their actual webpage, but I wonder how many people will bother to even load the page, click "Features", and truly digest the summary and see "Archive your new Xbox Series X|S games and play your legacy titles straight from the Game Drive."

Long time and/or tech savvy games will probably get it. Average joe? Eh.

I feel like this has happened to me like 3 times in my life. I personally wanted to find the person that green-lighted the marketing LIE, and end his lying lineage.

people that order from Wish.com in the other land love the abuse.

Top Bottom