• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else feel PSVR2 is a GIANT waste

These VR exclusives ruined VR for me. Should just sell mine and wait 5 more years. Not about to buy a playstation just to be able to buy their VR just to be able to play a game when i already have a $1000 VR headset.

Last edited:

Romulus

Funny to note people like you who generalize are full of s***.

Tbf, he did say "most" to which I agree. The other point is the small % of people who have extreme motion sickness and try and pretend like VR is unplayable for everyone else.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Tbf, he did say "most" to which I agree. The other point is the small % of people who have extreme motion sickness and try and pretend like VR is unplayable for everyone else.
I used to be one of the VR haters. My experience at the time was limited to a quick stint of PSVR in BestBuy. I used to say, "Why would I want to play with a screen strapped on my face." It wasn't until I bought a Quest 2 that realized how immersive VR can be. It's not only about the "3D vision", but the head tracking and body tracking play a huge part in immersion. Playing RE4 VR is a whole different world than the flatlander version. Table tennis and bowling are amazing in VR. How can you go back to flatlander versions of racing or flying games if there's a VR mode available. In FS2020, when you look down you get the high of how far up you are, or the thrill of crashing from a stall. You can't get that in 2D.

I did get motion sickness in a couple games initially, but I learned that the best way for me was to immediately stop playing when I felt the onset. Then 30-60min later I would come back and play again. Trying to rough it out didn't work. After 7-10 days, I got my VR legs. Now, I love the feeling that would formally cause motion sickness. I was telling you how I was playing Swarm a bunch lately and how I'm looking forward to getting Resist on your recommendation. The intense swinging and elevation changes would formerly cause me motion sickness, but now it's my favorite thing in VR.

This shit is the best in VR. Yet, it would be pretty meaningless on a flatscreen with standard controller...

^Note, this is recorded at lower frame rate than you experience in-game where it's fast and smooth.

Last edited:

ViolentP

I enjoyed my PSVR immensely. Dare I say, more than my Quest tethered to my PC. I will happily purchase it if there is a decent library for it.

Great contribution to start your time here as a neo member lol. Sure looks like you'll stay for the long run :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Start my time🤣? Ive been on Gaf for 2 decades 🤡. Ill be here commenting for a long time. You like to make bias assumptions I like to call people on their biases....see you in the future lol.

kainslayer

Neo Member
If sony makes it also pc compatible and not expensive,im sold,its a nice side accesory to have imho,but its for couple hours a day max and depending on the games you like,i mean i would love to play dcs on pc,horizon vr and god damn astrobot also half life vr...but
i wont be bothered if its only on playstation its way to limited of use in my case.everybody have their need and standards also vr isnt for every one ,some get sick,some are fine but its ok for vr to exist.I would like for it to be as a pair of glasses but we are years/decades away from that

Start my time🤣? Ive been on Gaf for 2 decades 🤡. Ill be here commenting for a long time. You like to make bias assumptions I like to call people on their biases....see you in the future lol.
Looking forward to it, you seem extremely insightful and don't come out overly defensive at all 🙃

Brilliant input 👍

drezz

I enjoyed my PSVR immensely. Dare I say, more than my Quest tethered to my PC. I will happily purchase it if there is a decent library for it.
So far, me too.
I've not play too much with my Quest 2, but with the PSVR1 games on PS4 I had and played with my mates on the couch was some of the most fun I've had on couch co-op(Same with Wii-u doh, but thats another thing).
With Quest 2 I've only played SP games so far and I dont know about any good Couch Co-op games that fit's the bill the PSVR1.
Not to mention the drag of streaming from my PC to TV in the living room.
And thats is what I'll be expecting from PSVR2 when it comes around, but with much more game support and much better gameplay(due to more options with remote controllers and power of the system) and the "Exlusive" SP games coming is for me just Icing on the cake.
Granted, some will be better on PC in some ways.

dd492941

I can't wait for psvr 2. I do hope they sell a wireless adapter but if not I'm still excited for more vr. I haven't played psvr in a while and I'd love to play again but it is a pain to hook up as it stands and the controls are not great and psvr2 seems to fix those issues for me.

pachura

I was quite excited about the VR in the early days - got PSVR+PS4 Pro and Oculus Go on day one - however, I won't buy a tethered headset in 2022. It would be like going back from the automatic gearbox to a manual one.

They say it's only a single cable, but a single cable can as well get stuck in your office chair's wheels, or pull your console from the shelf... actually, what would matter the most for me is how elastic and lightweight it is; in the end, you could perceive PSVR's cable also as "single", but it was so heavy and rigid. I could perhaps accept a glass fiber cable, similar to the "One Invisible Connection" in Samsung TVs.

I understand the compromise they made: being tethered removes the need for an internal battery, you also don't need to put a general-purpose SoC in, nor any Wifi/BT modules, and you can spend all this saved money on a better screen, eye tracking and other hardware. Still, the cable...

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I was quite excited about the VR in the early days - got PSVR+PS4 Pro and Oculus Go on day one - however, I won't buy a tethered headset in 2022. It would be like going back from the automatic gearbox to a manual one.

They say it's only a single cable, but a single cable can as well get stuck in your office chair's wheels, or pull your console from the shelf... actually, what would matter the most for me is how elastic and lightweight it is; in the end, you could perceive PSVR's cable also as "single", but it was so heavy and rigid. I could perhaps accept a glass fiber cable, similar to the "One Invisible Connection" in Samsung TVs.

I understand the compromise they made: being tethered removes the need for an internal battery, you also don't need to put a general-purpose SoC in, nor any Wifi/BT modules, and you can spend all this saved money on a better screen, eye tracking and other hardware. Still, the cable...
Yeah its the cable that concerns me. My Son has a Oculus Quest 2 and he showed me Tea for God Demo and I thought how could this be possible with a cable. How I could just walk around was amazing and while the game got a bit samey after a while its something that can be seriously expanded upon in the future.

P.s I do appreciate automatics but I do love a good manual 😉.

MiguelItUp

I personally don't think it's a giant waste at all, however I STILL think we're at a point where VR is still kinda niche. It's definitely expanding to a larger audience and that's really neat. But I think we still have a ways to go.

I don't think I'll be buying it at all, but I hope to give it a whirl some day!

RockOn

I really like ps5 and use it for exclusive content only

I however have zero interest in vr, especially CORDED VR. And with glasses vr is horrible to use

i feel this vr push will make sony produce less exclusive ”ordinary” games. The development of psvr stuff will dilute their already smallish first party.

I think psvr2 is a giant mistake business wise too - vr is NOT going mainstream with a CORD to your ps5. Vr is going cordless and oculus quest 2 is the kind of product that is the future of vr

Is there anyone here that thinks psvr is even exciting?
Yes, PSVR 2 will be great. Specs are awesome. I expect the games to be awesome. PSVR 2 will do just fine

BreakOut

I’m really excited for it, I didn’t get your on PlayStation 4 because of some concerns. (Motion sickness, space required etc;) Seems like this headset addresses a lot of those concerns. So no, I don’t think it’s a waste at all.

Valonquar

After getting burned by no HDR passthrough on PSVR 1.0 I think I will wait a while to make sure they don't release PSVR 2.5 8 months down the line if I get it at all. Really expected a wireless experience at this point, and would not be surprised at all if they release a wifi6 revision somewhere down the line.

jeff bridges opinion GIF

Kdad

SONY generally half asses support for their side projects so I don't even bother with them. Only way I'd consider this hardware was if it was PC compatible in addition to PS5 with an open SDK for support after SONY moves on.

Top Bottom