• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else disappointed at XB1's Exclusives last generation?

AC_Eivor

Neo Member
Microsoft's exclusives were just not particularly memorable or all that interesting last gen, which is a shame. I am hoping that with Game Pass that they will be willing to be more experimental this gen.

Breakage

Lack of Japanese cult classics on the Xbox One was noticeable. The original Xbox and Xbox 360 had Japanese exclusives that justified the purchase of each console.

I have Gamepass on PC for quite some time and Microsoft output is mediocre at best.
Even tho I have a good PC for gaming I decided to buy a ps4 and take a look on its exclusives.
Well, I played many games but my experience with God of war was outstanding.
Even my mother who doesn't care much about videogames stopped to ask me how many people have to work on a single game to create something like this.
Microsoft has nothing in the same level and none of their games has got my interest.

Now back to the topic:
This isn't new op. It started in the final days ps360

The Halo-Forza-Gears meme was based in reality. Which is sad since I believe from the bottom of my heart that coalition is a talented studio capable of creating great games but are held back by its constant production of gears of war games.

Gears 5 is a good game that I did not care to finish because I lost complete interest in the IP. The controls are tight, the co-op is fun, it's a extremely polished Gears of war experience. But that is it, it's more gears.

Same with Forza Horizon. H4 is great but there are some design choices that make me not enjoy as much I could.

Now 343i is incompetent. Well, it's leadership is. They don't have a vision, a goal. It's the same problem Disney had with Star War, they just wanted to make another entry for a billionaire IP without something to tell/show.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

I just today turned my Xbox One on for the first time in 6 months to play Halo Collection and the fucking thing tells me I can't play the game before it downloads a 90 gig patch. It wasn't just that I was disappointed by what they brought out this generation, but the absolute lack of respect they've shown me as a consumer and how little they value the finite time I have to dedicate to games. When I want to play something I've already bought and waited an excruciating amount of time to download the first time, why should I be subjected to that shit again when I just want to play a little Halo 3?

Like I said, it's not just a content issue. It's Microsoft just plain old giving their users the middle finger by witholding content that I should be able to play whenever I want. That's ultimately why I don't buy into the digital future, because these assholes have too much control over when, how, and what we get to play. And it's one of the main reasons I won't ever use GamePass. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to play me some Halo today while I was stuck at home sick and it fucking sucked.

Ian Henry

It wasn't a great gen for them. I would rate it a D+ tbh. They did have some good games/series though such as: Forza Horizon, Ori, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Cuphead, TitanFall, and Gears 5. So, those were at least the positives of the Xbox One but I hope the Series X will make them put up a fight against the PS5. They got the studios to do it now.

Top Bottom