• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone considering an XSX instead of a PS5 after the E3 conference?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So yes... you have a narrow genre preference (JRPG). You are correct that as of now XBox doesn't have much for you. But you are also more of the exception than the rule.
Okay? It still doesn't change that Xbox did nothing in this E3 that makes me want to switch systems, which what OP was asking. Also If I really wanted Xbox games I would just get a PC because not only it gets Xbox games but also gets Japanese games that Xbox itself doesn't get.

Last edited:

Buhaj

lol

have a look through here and tell me there's not any games you want.

Only Forza Horizon atm. I don't play that much to pick whatever is offered to me. I choose high quality (to me) games and PS exclusives tend to be in that group. Recently i finished Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman Miles Morales, next one will probably be Valhalla or Cyberpunk 2077. I don't need GP for that.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted MS E3 to convince me, as I had an Xbox in the past and it was fun, but it wasn't there this year. Maybe Starfield will be good, but I'm not buying a console for cinematics.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
How about considering buying a console when looking at the games that are actually available for it, with proper reviews and user opinions out there, instead of buying a console because there are pretty trailers of games that will only release 6 to 18 months from now?

I already have both and the only things I play on my XSX are old games, I just play them for the hell of it there is nothing that excites me on that platform right now and other than The Ascent and one or two other indie games announced for the XSX I don't see anything coming until 2023 from first party that I want to play and that's IF those games (fable, ES6) make it out by then.

Markio128

I now own both consoles, but if I had to be honest, I couldn’t live without the PS5. Even with 3 months of gamepass with my series x, I’ve found that I am playing Forza H 4 only because not much else on there interests me, well until MS Flight Sim and Forza H 5 are released. In the meantime, it’s R&C, FF7 I and Returnal bridging the gap.

GymWolf

If GPUs continue to be super overpriced even in 2022 and 2023 i'm gonna think about buying a sex (if in the next year or two microsoft can demonstrate to have the much better version of any third party game compared to my ps5)

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
OP, This is a PlayStation land. They wont change their mind, even if the universe is ending.
No Way Abandon Thread GIF
To be fair....the Playstation show didn't make me wanna get a PS5. 😏

Fredrik

I have a PS5, but I really want to get an XSX. Maybe next year
This is the way.

I have a Xbox Series X, but I really want to get a PS5. I see no realistic scenario where I’m successfully able to ignore either platform going forward, both will get games I need to play. I wish I was strong enough to wait for a PS5 revision with bigger SSD but I don’t think I can do it. Depends on the quality of the coming Gamepass months I guess.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
If GPUs continue to be super overpriced even in 2022 and 2023 i'm gonna think about buying a sex (if in the next year or two microsoft can demonstrate to have the much better version of any third party game compared to my ps5)
Lol. Your avatar change. I literally made that point a few months ago and was DOG-PILED on. Wasn't an insult, but it was the truth and people did not like that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm really REALLY hoping this silicon shortage changes by 2022. I've been on a waiting list for a 3080 from EVGA for nearly 9 mos. now which just blows my mind. Doesn't make me want a console at the moment because I can still run everything really well, but it does annoy the shit out of me.

GymWolf

Lol. Your avatar change. I literally made that point a few months ago and was DOG-PILED on. Wasn't an insult, but it was the truth and people did not like that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm really REALLY hoping this silicon shortage changes by 2022. I've been on a waiting list for a 3080 from EVGA for nearly 9 mos. now which just blows my mind. Doesn't make me want a console at the moment because I can still run everything really well, but it does annoy the shit out of me.
People don't dog pile on me because they know that i troll everyone:lollipop_squinting:

(or they just added me to their ignore list :lollipop_grinning_sweat:)

At this point i think i will wait for the 4000 series unless something happen to my 2070s.

By the time series 4000 is out, ddr5 ram are also gonna be out, same for the new intel cpus and ssd faster than the one inside ps5 so it's gonna be time for a complete overhaul.

Greggy

I have both and I only buy the exclusives on Ps5 and physical. I play them as fast as I can and then sell them to buy months of game pass. I’m about to sell returnal for the equivalent of 5 months of GPU. That’s a no brainer afaic.

BabyYoda

Banned
Still want a PS5. Just due to the nice games it will have...that will eventually come to the PC!
Fixed! But seriously, I think the PC is the way to go, even a potato will be able to handle XCloud and if you eventually do upgrade, you'll be able to play everything else, including Playstation games!

Fixed! But seriously, I think the PS5 is the way to go, even a potato will be able to handle XCloud and if you eventually do upgrade, you'll be able to play everything else, including Xbox games!

You still didn't fix it though.

And thank you for suggesting that I get a PS5. I'll go do that when I have the chance.

As for Xcloud I really don't enjoy input lag so that's definitely not an option for me.

Fbh

A bit, yeah.

The price is pretty appealling to be honest. Not only is the console cheaper (where I live, no idea why Sony is overcharging so much) but there were plenty of nice looking games in the presentation and you get access to (almost) all of them day 1 for $10 a month. Meanwhile Sony games are more expensive than ever.

But at the same time I really like Sony exclusives. Watching the presentation I couldn't help but thing " a lot of these look nice.......but I'd take the next god of war over all of these".

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Sony fans aren't insane for wanting to stay on Playstation. It's just the contrast Gamepass presents that makes them look insane for not considering playing on Xbox's platform even if it's on PC. I know that sounds like a backhanded compliment but let me explain.

Paying full price for games is the NORM. Gamepass is what is insane right now.

It's kinda like somebody offering you a fantastic deal on a car you never really wanted. It sounds great but it's just not your thing. Nothing wrong with that.

Some people will get that car just because of the insane value, while others will say...I'd rather pay for the car I always wanted. There's something to be said about PS+ offerings and PS Collection as well. Maybe that's enough for some folks. Also PSNow is gaining a little traction so maybe there will be something comparable to gamepass in the future.

On the other hand, and honestly the best scenario, is when Xbox is selling the car you want with the same deal. If you love Forza, Halo, Gears and are hyped for Starfield along with the other games and hidden gems Microsoft n friends are dropping, then Xbox Series consoles and PC is utopia right now.
I kinda see it from a different perspective. I just want to pay for what I actually want to play and I know that it is mine.

Plus I love my physical games. That 1st time you're opening a new game case *whew* I love it

Im a playstation guy, love the games and the platform but this covid next gen hasnt hyped me as much. Even when announced, I really didnt get the XSX appeal with its gamepass. I chose my platform based on the games I have most connection with. Im not gonna lie, I do wish some titles were on PS like Forza Horizon, Gears of War, Flight Simulator etc. And then the E3 show happened and at the end of almost every single trailer: "Day one gamepass". And considering how often I see GP on discounts I was like wait...I can play all these new games, day one if I wanted with a single subscription of under $100 a year (taking advantage of discounted GP). And on the other side I have to think if I want to part with $70 for each game on PS5. Sure, ill miss out on the big exclusives from PS but I never said I wont buy it later as well.

Im at a similar spot where as playstation fan I bought an xbox360 first and then a PS3 when the slim version came out because at the time it was just a better purchase and took awhile for those exclusives to pile up. Now I feel like im in the same spot, that maybe ill go for XSX first and get a PS5Pro or slim later. This time being because I get the appeal of gamepass. Its a financial decision but I also play a shit ton of third parties. And not gonna lie, even Halo Infinite got me interested again. Not to mention I can find XsX way easier than a PS5 atm. Anyone else in a similar boat?

TLTR:
Maybe known to many but I just realized that gamepass offers day one releases as well. Thats insane money saved. Especially on third party. Once that sunk in, now I see where MS is going with this. Of course ill get the PS5 but it wont be before XSX.
Unless I misunderstood, most third party games to my knowledge won’t be day one on Gamepass. As a matter of fact, it will probably take a while for most third party games to come to Gamepass in general.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
For me personally, both consoles arent worth it as of now. They really dont have games. I know ps5 has ratchet, returnal and demon souls. but those arent what is gonna make me buy the system. I need at least 3 triple AAA games like god of war, HFW, and uncharted 5 or new ip. Same for xbox. I am not interested in halo personally. I have mcc downloaded on my gamepass pc, and i havent touched it. I am waiting for fable, starfield, hellblade 2, avowed. I am more of rpg guy, so those games will be worth my time.

Plus my old gen ps4/x1s is still kicking ass. I have no problem with them aside of loading. other than that, solid game experience. I have library on both systems that i need to finish them. I am not interested in faster loading or 4k crap, so i have no problem in waiting until both new systems have solid games.

My little brother has the ps5 digital, and i dont touch it. No reason to use it.

Unless I misunderstood, most third party games to my knowledge won’t be day one on Gamepass. As a matter of fact, it will probably take a while for most third party games to come to Gamepass in general.
For sure. They'll probably pick up a few rare ones like Yakuza LAD. But mostly cheaper games, indie games, AA games coming day one - which frankly is fine with me too. I like a lot of those and getting to try them all at no extra cost is cool. I sorta enjoyed Aragami 1, but not enough to buy the 2nd. Now I get it day 1 without really thinking about it, and I don't mind not owning it either. Lots of games like that can be a fun supplemental addition to your gaming library.

Excess

I had an XSX preorder in November. Canceled it when I got a 3080 and bought Game Pass for PC instead.

However, I can only assume that if and when the next GTA releases, it will be for console only, as Rockstar so commonly does. That's when I'll buy one.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Absolutely, where was Sony!!!? They barely showed up, so disappointed.

I'm all in with MS's unreleased games due in 2023 over Sony's 2021 releases which I can play today. . Zero in the bush is always worth more than two in the hand. Give me more Halo/Forza/Gears and the ultimate 10/10, Sea of Thieves.

RGB'D

Okay? It still doesn't change that Xbox did nothing in this E3 that makes me want to switch systems, which what OP was asking. Also If I really wanted Xbox games I would just get a PC because not only it gets Xbox games but also gets Japanese games that Xbox itself doesn't get.
Yes. I am agreeing with you. Not sure what the contention is. But most gamers aren't primarily JRPG focused is all I said. I have a PC and a Series X and primarily play on PC but cross progression is nice because sometimes I like to play in the living room on my series X. So even with a PC it's not pointless. But you should get a PC. Much better than PS5 and Series X (And I have all three).

I'll end up with both eventually, Microsoft purchasing Bethesda sealed my fate.
Alas, I still haven't been able to find either one, and that drought doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon.
On the plus side, by the time I find either one there will probably be a lot of stuff that I want to play for fairly cheap.

MiguelItUp

I think the RIGHT path to take is PC, personally. Especially the PC + PS5 combo.

But I do think it's awesome that Xbox fans have so many options, be it a console or PC.

Isn’t the whole point to have both platforms? Or are you saying I would be so impressed by an E3 presentation that I’d start doubting the PlayStation game library?

is this some Xbox fanboy dream sequence? Xbox isn’t even needed ever if you have a PC, there is no such thing as ”Xbox exclusive“ anymore.

I think the RIGHT path to take is PC, personally. Especially the PC + PS5 combo.

But I do think it's awesome that Xbox fans have so many options, be it a console or PC.
I still feel the same way on that, but here I am with a Series X sitting in my den waiting for a new TV match.

As I get older, I find myself getting away from sitting at a desk trying to find the right game on Steam. End up not doing anything cause I'm not comfortable and I would rather spend more time in the living room with my girlfriend on a comfy couch.

I still like chilling out in the den browsing YouTube or whatever, it's just nice to have a separation from the PC. Doesn't mean I won't do a huge upgrade in the future on my PC, I just prefer couch gaming at this point and what Game Pass has to offer. PS5 still on the horizon, though.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I kinda see it from a different perspective. I just want to pay for what I actually want to play and I know that it is mine.

Plus I love my physical games. That 1st time you're opening a new game case *whew* I love it
I mean there's still an option to buy the physical game. Gamepass doesn't stop you from doing that. Neither does PSNow. Although I can understand the lack of temptation to buy if you've already played the whole game for "free".

MiguelItUp

I still feel the same way on that, but here I am with a Series X sitting in my den waiting for a new TV match.

As I get older, I find myself getting away from sitting at a desk trying to find the right game on Steam. End up not doing anything cause I'm not comfortable and I would rather spend more time in the living room with my girlfriend on a comfy couch.

I still like chilling out in the den browsing YouTube or whatever, it's just nice to have a separation from the PC. Doesn't mean I won't do a huge upgrade in the future on my PC, I just prefer couch gaming at this point and what Game Pass has to offer. PS5 still on the horizon, though.
Oh yeah, and I totally understand that. It's why I don't really understand the console/platform war stuff. Just let people play what they wanna play and enjoy, it ain't that hard, lmao. I don't understand why it all has to be some debate that revolves around subjective opinions. 🤷‍♂️

Nah it's much cheaper to go the XSX + PS5 route and choosing XSX gives you incredible BC support.
Oh, def. But I mean, if you're interested and have the cash to do it, a PC can be an outstanding purchase. If you don't, there's the XSX and SS! I think it's awesome there are so many options for those interested.

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
No I figured I'd want ES6 and Starfield before it and still nothing else interests me on the platform. Speaking of which how could I eventually play those two while giving Microsoft the least money possible?

bosnianpie

I'm not sold on the idea of Gamepass, actually I really dislike it. It has quantity over quality written all over it and I'm interested in how this model will play out in the long run.

It seems some fans are so blinded by how little they're paying, that's all great but at what expense? When was the last time you got games like The Last of Us, God of War, Horizon, Spiderman or Ghost of Tsushima?

The only reason I'd get an XSX instead of a PS5 right now is because I can actually find one being sold.

I haven't touched my PS4 in forever, and I've been discovering some really great games recently on PC.

LastBattle

Already have 2 Series X

Have a PS5 on order - I am considering cancelling that and just waiting for more exclusives to hit. PS5 really feels like PS3 all over for me - It will be used for exclusives, nothing more
100%. Ever since the reveal of the PS5 I’ve been getting major PS3 vibes, which lime you I used for the odd exclusive here and there but did the bulk of my gaming on the 360.

BabyYoda

Banned
You still didn't fix it though.

And thank you for suggesting that I get a PS5. I'll go do that when I have the chance.

As for Xcloud I really don't enjoy input lag so that's definitely not an option for me.
I was just having some fun, wherever you game, may you also have fun!

NahaNago

I might get an xbox series s at a later date but that is about it. I bought an xbox one s to play some of the exclusives originally and I ended up just using the thing maybe twice to watch some 4k movies and never touched it again. Gamepass is nice but just like with playstation plus I rarely ever actually play the games they give me every month even though I do add them to my library.

Nubulax

For me personally, both consoles arent worth it as of now. They really dont have games. I know ps5 has ratchet, returnal and demon souls. but those arent what is gonna make me buy the system. I need at least 3 triple AAA games like god of war, HFW, and uncharted 5 or new ip. Same for xbox. I am not interested in halo personally. I have mcc downloaded on my gamepass pc, and i havent touched it. I am waiting for fable, starfield, hellblade 2, avowed. I am more of rpg guy, so those games will be worth my time.

Plus my old gen ps4/x1s is still kicking ass. I have no problem with them aside of loading. other than that, solid game experience. I have library on both systems that i need to finish them. I am not interested in faster loading or 4k crap, so i have no problem in waiting until both new systems have solid games.

My little brother has the ps5 digital, and i dont touch it. No reason to use it.

In general, I think the PS5 is worth it right now if you want to play Demon Souls, Returnal and Ratchet and then you have Astrobot packed in which ive heard great things about too. Also if you are super into FF7 Remake the PS5 version with DLC just came out again but I would say its borderline even at that point for right now. Also worth it if you didnt play much PS4 for that PS+ collection and the last few years of releases like Last of US 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima.

Series X I have no clue why anyone would want one until Halo/Forza are out, if interested in those, or you didnt play anything XBOX last gen that you wanted to play although I honestly cant think of a ton of things other than older Halo/Forza/Gears and maybe the odd title here and there maybe. Right now on Series X there is the Medium but that is also coming to PS5 in September. Other titles I can think of are Psychonauts 2, Flight Sim before Forza/Halo are out

Right now I would say Starfield would be the thing I would most consider getting a Series X for (not based on this E3 though just general concept) assuming I couldnt have a very good computer built by then, followed by possibly Halo MP, and Fable, and things a bit further.

Right now I own a base PS4, Switch and PC that is in need of an upgrade/new build as its on its last legs and lagging behind

In your situation seems like you are set for a bit anyway if you were already in both consoles last gen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom