• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody here follow Wario64's video game deal alerts? How do you glean any value from it when he non-stop spams video game deal tweets?

kiphalfton

For instance Amazon has a deal going right now for B2G1 on books and movies I believe. Instead of posting about just that, he has posted individual links for Zelda, Dark Souls, and 4-5 other video game related books. Maybe more.

Today he posted a deal for a Gamefly used game sale. Then he proceeded to post each and every game individually.

I get that it may pop out to somebody if they're looking for that particular item, but it just feels like spamming.

I guess the easiest thing to do is not follow, but I'm just wondering how those of you who do follow him glean any real value from his posts as it's a constant stream of posting of anything and everything video game deal related.

I only bring up this particular twitter account as people advise following him to get console stock alerts, but in between console stock drops there's probably 1000 posts that don't relate to that.

chaseroni

The account has saved me hella money on game sales and I've been able to snag most of the hard-to-find Day 1 editions by following the account.
I'm grateful for it personally, it's how I got my XSX PS5 and 3060 ti

No, because it's just an advertisement at this point.
Not really great special deals only.

Especially game sales don't matter to me 99% of the time. And the $9.99 Cyberpunk deal i can find somewhere else, too

kiphalfton

The account has saved me hella money on game sales and I've been able to snag most of the hard-to-find Day 1 editions by following the account.
I'm grateful for it personally, it's how I got my XSX PS5 and 3060 ti

Is there an easier way to sift through stuff you don't care about? I mean I guess it takes a couple seconds to look at the tweet then go on with your life, but the huge influx of notifications makes me think I'll miss something if it keeps pinging me every minute.

ManaByte

Is there an easier way to sift through stuff you don't care about? I mean I guess it takes a couple seconds to look at the tweet then go on with your life, but the huge influx of notifications makes me think I'll miss something if it keeps pinging me every minute.

Don't use Tweet notifications.

People who do that are creepy stalkers.

Kilau

Gold Member
He makes money with referral links so I get it, the spamming doesn't bother me too much since I appreciate his alerts.

I do wish I could filter "Vinyl" and "POP!" I don't give a crap about records or those hideous figures.

chaseroni

Only had notifications on in the early days of the generation, got what I needed and turned those off.

KellyNole

He makes money with referral links so I get it, the spamming doesn't bother me too much since I appreciate his alerts.

I do wish I could filter "Vinyl" and "POP!" I don't give a crap about records or those hideous figures.

Vinyl just sounds better.

There is a lot there for everyone. It is how I got an Xbox Series X, ps5, halo Xbox Series X, Switch, and if I wanted to switch OLED. Also have scored some discounts on games and controllers. There is a lot of stuff sent, but it really takes seconds to look at and dismiss if you are not interested.

Kilau

Gold Member
Vinyl just sounds better.
Bait GIF

Allforce

I have everyone on a List on Twitter and don't "follow" anyone. He's on my "Deals" list so usually sometime in the evening I'll check it out and click his profile just to scroll through what he's posted for the day and see if anything interesting was posted. I can't imagine just having one Twitter feed littered with hundreds of different accounts for different topics just popping up randomly throughout the day and can see how his tweets would be annoying if they're constantly interspersed with all your other daily news, sports, gaming, etc info.

He's saved me a bundle and also I've been on top of some tweets where I got in on price errors.

alf717

Grabbed many deals when I started following Wario64. Sadly some stuff goes so fast it can be annoying. What I'm more interested in is why Suda51 was calleing him out as being a bot. Would love to here the story on that. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

LQX

I pretty much joined Twitter only to follow Wario64. Dude has found me some amazing deals and price mistakes over the years. Just this week he saved me $20 on the new Metroid SE.

Also, he must make a fucking ton with affiliate links. Dude now has a ridiculous amount of followers due to the console and graphics card shortages.

baphomet

Grabbed many deals when I started following Wario64. Sadly some stuff goes so fast it can be annoying. What I'm more interested in is why Suda51 was calleing him out as being a bot. Would love to here the story on that. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Because his GAF avatar was a pic of Suda, and he posted news so often and quick him being a bot (or multiple people) was the thought most had.

Last edited:
He's got a huge audience, so he gets paid for it now. Just mute shit like Fangamer, Gamefly, Funkopop and Gamestop. You can easily tailor Twitter to filter out anything you want.

Last edited:

Aroll

I’m actually impressed he gets so many deals tweeted out daily. Yeah he overdoes it sometime but he also knows what individual items will sell best to his audience, hence sharing links to certain items in a larger sale.

he is what he is. No need to pass judgement over it. It’s not going to be for everyone. But he’s the best deal Hunter in the business.

supernova8

Banned

Yeah I bet some of these stock alert people (with big followings) make an absolute fortune from amazon referrals etc. I have no idea how it works but I imagine once the initial setup of coding everything is done, it's mostly automated.

Top Bottom