• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody here ever go through a seizure?

Jesb

Going through a difficult time in life right now. Would be great to talk to someone that’s been through it. I recently had a seizure and never had one before until now. My cat scan came back with positive results of everything looking normal. I still need to see a neurologist and waiting on the call for that. But in the meantime I need something for after effects I’m going through right now. I’m constantly feeling nauseous, light headed, low on energy, etc. My dr appointment is not until Thursday, I seen a dr at a clinic and he’s recommending gravol or nothing at all until more is known. A pharmacist has recommended serc but dr at clinic disagrees. What to do? But how to get through the days suffering like this. 😔

NekoFever

I had a couple when I was a kid. I’m not epileptic, and all tests were clear, but I’m photosensitive — I’m basically the guy those warnings every time you start a game are aimed at.

Since there was nothing neurologically wrong they couldn’t really offer me any treatment beyond some sodium valproate for a while after the second one. I just have a low seizure threshold, and on the handful of occasions when I’ve felt myself approaching it, I’ve removed myself from the trigger and let it pass.

I never had nausea so I’m afraid I can’t offer any advice there. The after effect that I most remember is the absolute exhaustion.

Hope everything works out OP. One of the best methods of prevention with seizures is to be around somebody as much as possible. If things go south then they can at least revive you.

Jesb

Thanks guys. I really hope that was my first and last seizure. It’s been difficult getting through my days with these after effects still hanging around. This happened on march 21st, so that’s over a week ago now. :/

CGNoire

I used to take LSD quite often in the late 90s and for a couple months there I would lose left side functionality whenever standing up quickly. Once me and a bunch of fellas whete about to engage in a street fight between the 4 of us and 4 others. We had bats and they had only one lead pipe so we had and the advantage. When i jumped out of the truck to engage it happened again and my leg was dragging behind me while approaching them. Only lasted a couple secs but super embarrassing and not at all threating. It all went away and never came back after that. Been 20+ years now.

GeekyDad

Thanks guys. I really hope that was my first and last seizure. It’s been difficult getting through my days with these after effects still hanging around. This happened on march 21st, so that’s over a week ago now. :/
What type of seizure? Are you completely blacking out, with no memory of the event? I've only had one grand mal seizure, when I had a kidney infection as a teen.

However...

I do, several times daily, have focal onset aware seizures. They are no longer as severe as they initially were -- medication has greatly helped -- but when they first began, I had no idea what was happening to me. Since you're aware that you had a seizure, I'm going to guess it was a complete blackout, and someone made you aware the event...? With an aware seizure, you see and experience the entire event, it completely paralyzes you for about 5-10 minutes, you do not know the names of people you have known for years, or their relation to you, though they are familiar to you, you suffer hallucinations, and usually, it's accompanied by intense, very intense emotional distress. And the entire event takes about an hour to completely subside.

Top Bottom