• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any reason to keep PS4 when having a PS5 ? Main question is about PS move on PS5

FrankWza

I can give away my ps4 then

"Any reason to keep PS4 when having a PS5 ?"​

No Way GIF
Remote play on a 1080p tv in another room.

sainraja

Hum... really ? I was sure the DS4 doesn't work on PS5 that's why I am not sure the PS move work for PS5.

For info the PS move in question are from the PS3 era. ( I was already surprised to see them work on PS4 actually)
DS4 will work on the PS5 for PS4 games, just not for PS5 games (since Sony wants you to use the Dualsense controller.)

Rambone

Depends on your use case. I usually try and keep my consoles. I ended up moving my PS4 out into the living room which is where old consoles end up going after they have retired from my office/gaming room. I have regretted getting rid of my older consoles such as my original playstation, xbox and PS2, so now I just keep them as one day I might want a trip down nostalgia lane and fire them up. For now, at least the PS4 is still useful and serves me well in my living room.

ZoukGalaxy

You can keep it to run later a potential custom firmware and much more
Firmware 9.00 has been hacked.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Something else you can do on PS4 but not PS5 is if you own the PS Gold headset, the only way to change the digital sound profile is with the PS4 app.

Kerotan

Not really. I keep my original ps4 in my parents so I can use it to watch now TV there when the ufc is on and join and play with my friends when I'm down there watching it.

I sold my pro for like 400 including the controllers so my ps5 only cost me 100 lmao.

Rayderism

The only reason I can think of to keep my PS4 Pro around is that it's the only way to see the latest DLC/addons every week in a single list. As far as I can see, PS4 PSN is currently the ONLY way you can still do that without going game-by-game.

Honestly, not having the ability to see all the latest DLC/addons on the PC, PS App or PS5 PSN in a single list just seems friggin' ignorant on Sony's part. I mean, they do WANT to sell that stuff, right? They get a percentage of those purchases, right? So why not make them easy to discover? There's quite a lot of little "hurr-durr" things like that about PSN.

Other than that, I don't really see any other reason to keep my PS4 hooked up anymore.

Prices for used PS4s are quite high (at least in western europe), i would sell it. Right now i could sell a PS4 Slim to a commercial reseller for nearly 230 Euro.

Top Bottom