• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any ISIS fans here?

DESTROYA

Well go on and post your Imagine Dragons shit then brotha

mIMf8Ln.gif

Papa

Banned
Real talk though if you listened to the first few minutes of an ISIS song and then turned it off then I can understand not liking it. But it ain’t that kinda music. You gotta let it evolve and reach the crescendo. Sometimes you gotta let the whole album play (e.g. Panopticon). It’s not refined sugar pop rock.

DESTROYA

Real talk though if you listened to the first few minutes of an ISIS song and then turned it off then I can understand not liking it. But it ain’t that kinda music. You gotta let it evolve and reach the crescendo. Sometimes you gotta let the whole album play (e.g. Panopticon). It’s not refined sugar pop rock.
I’ll give it another try, and yes that’s what I did. It seems most of the songs are around the 10 minute mark so it takes some commitment.

Papa

Banned
I’ll give it another try, and yes that’s what I did. It seems most of the songs are around the 10 minute mark so it takes some commitment.

> doesn’t want to commit to listening to a full song

> commits to criticising it

I even said in the OP that their music tends to follow the loud-quiet-crescendo style. It’s not the kind of thing you pop on and bounce around to for 3 minutes then move on to the next one.

My recommendation for someone new to them or this kind of music in general would be to put on the album Panopticon while you’re working or pottering around the house and just stick with it.

> doesn’t want to commit to listening to a full song

> commits to criticising it

I even said in the OP that their music tends to follow the loud-quiet-crescendo style. It’s not the kind of thing you pop on and bounce around to for 3 minutes then move on to the next one.

My recommendation for someone new to them or this kind of music in general would be to put on the album Panopticon while you’re working or pottering around the house and just stick with it.

You a fan of Triptykon? You might dig them if you haven't already heard them. Tom G. Warrior of Celtic Frost fronts them. Not entirely dissimilar to ISIS.

Top Bottom