• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antonio Banderas Joins Indy 5

ManaByte

Gold Member

James Mangold is taking over directing reins from Steven Spielberg, who still is serving as a producer and is very much involved in various elements of the film. Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel join Spielberg as producers. John Williams, who has worked on every score in the 40-year-old franchise including its iconic theme, also will return as composer. Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth and Mangold co-wrote the script.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

jason10mm

Gold Member
That plot synopsis sounds like junk. I dont mind the Nazis being the baddie in a film set in the late 30s/early 40s but in the 60s? Come on! I also dont like the nazis BEING the macguffin (or at least creating it) versus racing against Jones to get some actual mythological object.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Waller-Bridge's character is apparently Marcus Brody's daughter. The Reddit "leak" doesn't mention that though.
Ugh. The film, if set in 1967, minus PWBs age of 36, puts her characters birth around 1931. Brody was supposed to have been born in 1878. He's pretty spry for a near 60 year old with little kids at home. Wonder if he knocked up a student like Indy :p

ManaByte

Gold Member
That plot synopsis sounds like junk. I dont mind the Nazis being the baddie in a film set in the late 30s/early 40s but in the 60s? Come on! I also dont like the nazis BEING the macguffin (or at least creating it) versus racing against Jones to get some actual mythological object.

Nazis being involved and that sort of story would explain why Spielberg isn't directing it.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Actually there are very few media properties that imagine Nazis operating after WW2, seems like a nice unexplored territory. Hellsing manga is bananas because of that.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Actually there are very few media properties that imagine Nazis operating after WW2, seems like a nice unexplored territory. Hellsing manga is bananas because of that.
Are you.kidding? Secret nazis/hitler is still alive type stories are RAMPANT. Tabloids in the 70s/80s were particularly obsessed with the idea that Hitler was living in Argentina or something.

I just think it makes for a bad IJ plot. Though maybe it will be nice to remind folks what ACTUAL nazis were like given how casually its used as an insult these days.

Top Bottom