• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem |OT| Fly, you fools!

I will say, although I didn't really enjoy the game all that much, I got a pretty solid 60fps at 1080p and ultra settings. That's with a 1080ti and a 4790k, both OC'd a fair bit.

Jaw1love

Banned
Man performance is still all over the place on One X. First two missions ran great I was super surprised at how much better it felt. Fort Tarsis still is awful. Freeplay the framerate is up and down, some missions run better than others. Underwater is chaos. Most of the wide open spaces are bad, never seen such bad pop in you have to literally be standing for foliage to show up. Ugh, honestly having more fun with CrackDown 3 at this point

Here's my ranger. I know.. super original.. :messenger_tongue:

nFIazp0.jpg

Last edited:

Phobia

It absolutely does not. You are out of your mind. You cannot convince me otherwise, but then again, I was an adult when the 360 came out. Not a child.

verdict so far?

Fun. But very average. Nothing stands out. Missions are very destiny-ish. Characters are dull. IMO of course.
Load times are brutal. SSD is a must.

Level 10. Unlocked ranger and colossus.

Oh, and normal mode is way too easy.

Last edited:

gt86

Ok how the fuck do you play it? I have ea access but when I try to launch it it get I have to wait and try to launch ea access app and it just says oops on Xbox one x

Jaw1love

Banned
Coming from a dude who has spend literally all morning bitching and moaning about a game you obviously wanted to hate from the start, this is a fine judgment and I totally accept it 100%!
Lol, I'm sure the Devs are soooooo happy that you are riding in on your horse to defend the game. Never have I seen someone get so pissy about something that has literally nothing to do with them.
And show me all my comments bitching about the game. You're such a little baby boy

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Ok how the fuck do you play it? I have ea access but when I try to launch it it get I have to wait and try to launch ea access app and it just says oops on Xbox one x
If you don't have it downloaded you can go to the MS store under Anthem (the one that just says anthem because there are a few) and it should have an option to play trial. This will initiate the download. I was having the same issue with Access and this worked for me.

Last edited:

Phobia

Lol, I'm sure the Devs are soooooo happy that you are riding in on your horse to defend the game. Never have I seen someone get so pissy about something that has literally nothing to do with them.
And show me all my comments bitching about the game. You're such a little baby boy

What are you even talking about? I literally clicked your username and all the comments listed on your profile are bitching about Anthem. Go ahead and resort to name calling. You just proved your age to me and I don't argue with children, or man children, whichever it may be in this situation. Now go outside or something.

gt86

If you don't have it downloaded you can go to the MS store under Anthem (the one that just says anthem because there are a few) and it should have an option to play trial. This will initiate the download. I was having the same issue with Access and this worked for me.

I have it downloaded 🤔

Jaw1love

Banned
What are you even talking about? I literally clicked your username and all the comments listed on your profile are bitching about Anthem. Go ahead and resort to name calling. You just proved your age to me and I don't argue with children, or man children, whichever it may be in this situation. Now go outside or something.
You are a creepy dude. One of those idiot internet debate heroes I see. It's good that your not allowed to be around children. You can't actually point to a comment I've made that was bitching about the game. Talking about the performance issues is not bitching. It's honestly sad to see a grown man literally start crying because someone said a screenshot from a video game looked bad. I feel sorry for you

Phobia

Holy fuck you're a loser. Haha. i won't even justify that comment filled with typos and assumptions with a real response. Go play Fortnite or something kid.

Phobia

Tone it down on the personal and tactless insults. Either attack the argument or leave the thread.
"I can't read" says the retard, and nobody was surprised.

Last edited:

Jaw1love

Banned
You may still have to click on the play trial, but I'm not sure. It could also be EA servers shitting the bed.
Hmm that's weird. I didnt see it in the EA access app so had to download it the way the above poster said to and then it just popped up with the trial dialogue. Maybe see if you can log out and back in to ea access

Jaw1love

Banned
"I can't read" says the retard, and nobody was surprised.
Ohh swing and a miss my man. And seriously, using that word in 2019. Not cool dude. But hey man I hope you have a good life, really I do. Just try not to let people's mild internet comments about a game that you had no hand in making get you so upset, I guarantee you will be happier. Cheers mate.

Phobia

Ohh swing and a miss my man. And seriously, using that word in 2019. Not cool dude. But hey man I hope you have a good life, really I do. Just try not to let people's mild internet comments about a game that you had no hand in making get you so upset, I guarantee you will be happier. Cheers mate.

HA! Good try with the bait attempt. Acting like you didn't initiate shit talking because I said you were out of your mind comparing this game to a 360 game graphics wise. Whatever. Retard.

Last edited:
Freeplay matchmaking is stupid. The game matchmakes you with 3 other randoms and that's it. You're pretty much on your own.
They should've copied the way destiny does this.

YayNJ

Banned

Will you please shut the fuck up and spare the rest of the forum your childish argument please?

Stuart360

Just put 7.5 hours in straight, only 2.5 hours left of the trial sigh.
I think the game is great, and its incredible how similar this is to The Division (except the story and setting of course), and i just put 35 hours into The Division over the last week.

Freeman76

verdict so far?

Its fun but quite a few aggravating things. Little cunts who rush off on their own seems more of a problem in this game, you have no time to take anything if you want to keep up xXAdHdSnipezXx while he tries to beat the world record time for no reason.

Also, chests arent shared, so whoever gets there first gets the chest. I really enjoy the basis of this game but those are enough to make me consider cancelling my preorder to see if they iron this out at all.

Typhares

Also, chests arent shared, so whoever gets there first gets the chest. I really enjoy the basis of this game but those are enough to make me consider cancelling my preorder to see if they iron this out at all.

That's not correct, anyone can open the chest but the loot coming out is not shared.

Ulysses 31

Jeff is hating this game :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

This and the AdmiralBahroo stream confirmed my fears with this game, too generic gameplay wise that would bore after a few hours. Maybe endgame might spice things up enough but I'd need to see it first.

Also the video touches on a thing that was bothering me with the NPC behaviors: Very performative kind of acting where the characters in world know they are being watched and are over emoting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom