• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | Official Trailer

Draugoth

Gold Member
ddc8or301sv91.jpg

trikster40

Looks great! Looks like this will finally give the MCU the direction it needs. We all knew this was where phase 4 was headed but man, did they take their time getting here.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Not sure if I can take more 100% CGI. Hope this is their A team and not some of the dodgy stuff they've let slip through in the past.

Who is the bad guy(?) and is this whole thing in a tiny quantumverse or are they out in space?

Also, short hair wasp....nope!

Not sure if I can take more 100% CGI. Hope this is their A team and not some of the dodgy stuff they've let slip through in the past.

Who is the bad guy(?) and is this whole thing in a tiny quantumverse or are they out in space?

Also, short hair wasp....nope!
Chill the funk out 'Jason'. Christ, talk about a negative 'bury it before it's even created' attitude.

This explains why you don't have a girlfriend you mood-hoovering sack of cum.

Get back to your Pokémon, ya sexy ma... I mean person.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Chill the funk out 'Jason'. Christ, talk about a negative 'bury it before it's even created' attitude.

This explains why you don't have a girlfriend you mood-hoovering sack of cum.

Get back to your Pokémon, ya sexy ma... I mean person.
All that CGI doesn't bother you? I just feel, dunno, super saturated by it all at this point. It tends to rob action scenes of any weight, any wonder is burned out quickly, and it often overshadows the production due to the amount of pre-planning it requires such that the "talky parts" feel very disconnected from the CGI set pieces. Cameron and Avatar is the only one with my implicit trust.

The appeal of Ant-man, for me, was his interaction with OUR WORLD, albeit at a small, not microscopic level. That train set scene, for example, intercut with our perspective versus his. Put him into a totally alien world and what is his purpose, exactly? I'm sure by now he is a graceful acrobatic combat machine much like WASP but yawn, whatevs.

Ulysses 31

All that CGI doesn't bother you? I just feel, dunno, super saturated by it all at this point. It tends to rob action scenes of any weight, any wonder is burned out quickly, and it often overshadows the production due to the amount of pre-planning it requires such that the "talky parts" feel very disconnected from the CGI set pieces. Cameron and Avatar is the only one with my implicit trust.

The appeal of Ant-man, for me, was his interaction with OUR WORLD, albeit at a small, not microscopic level. That train set scene, for example, intercut with our perspective versus his. Put him into a totally alien world and what is his purpose, exactly? I'm sure by now he is a graceful acrobatic combat machine much like WASP but yawn, whatevs.
It sure bothered Christian Bale. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Did you not like the ant-man films? I thought they were great!

Love you!

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

I agree. It feels like another fake world Dr Strange 2. The art is just so basic, lacking any detail, or thought. Would have been a great chance to create something more gritty, funky, weird. It just looks like random 3D test islands.

Just my opinion. I love Paul Rudd so I may watch it streaming.

All their CGI looks the same really. It looks so artificial, they should just go fully animated by this point. I mean why bother with actors anymore except maybe for the easily entertained who watch these movies for the cameos.
"Oh my gawd, Bill Murray is in this movie!!", yeah... who cares really, only tells me that Bill has sold his soul long time ago.

I did like AM1 a lot. AM&W less so for the reasons I listed.
Do you know what? I accept your points and I think your side of this topic and outcome is valid.

For me? I feel that 90 percent of the masses will enjoy this film. ..

It's Ant-man! The entire thought and driver behind such movies is to achieve making people feel good - and it does just that! It's an escape, it's a switch up, it's a break from the norm.

What you have to understand is that films such as these discussed are an outlet of pleasure for children that are struggling in real life.

My son is riddled with issues in so that 'normal' isnt a concept to him.

...but I put him on "The Greatest Showman" and he turns into a confident, happy child - for all their faults, Disney/marvel can perform miracles through their output.

...but I put him on "The Greatest Showman" and he turns into a confident, happy child - for all their faults, Disney/marvel can perform miracles through their output.

Ever tried not putting your kid in front of a flickering screen all day long? Fuck me, now parents are using Marvel movies as coping mechanism to keep their children quiet instead of doing healthy activities with them.
Imagine how detrimental all this media exposure is to their development.

Last edited:

All their CGI looks the same really. It looks so artificial, they should just go fully animated by this point. I mean why bother with actors anymore except maybe for the easily entertained who watch these movies for the cameos.
"Oh my gawd, Bill Murray is in this movie!!", yeah... who cares really, only tells me that Bill has sold his soul long time ago.
It's not specifically the CGI, it's the art, like A ADiTAR said. The problem is they have nothing to draw from that we can realistically see with our own eyes, which is why scenes like these look fine even though they could be 99% CGI:

It would be less noticeable of a CGI fest if they had at least one area that would artistically appear more grounded in comparison.

Power Pro

I wish I could be excited, but the MCU has been so bad since Endgame. No Way Home being the exception. I tried to stay into it. I watched all of Wandavision, and Loki. Tried really hard to like and enjoy both of those, but they both ended really flat for me. Some good performances did not help the horrible writing enough. Seen all the movies, and even ones I didn't hate felt poorly written and kept trying so hard to just mock what came before it. Christian Bale deserved such a better script for the performance he gave in Thor Love & Thunder.

Not trying to drag up more negativity, but as much as I like Ant-Man's previous movies, all his appearances were before Endgame, and so my hope for this being good is not strong. The trailer didn't do much to make me think it was not going to be another mess.

Bill Murray and Harrison Ford in the MCU. We live in crazy times.
Who is Harrison Ford in the MCU?

Ever tried not putting your kid in front of a flickering screen all day long? Fuck me, now parents are using Marvel movies as coping mechanism to keep their children quiet instead of doing healthy activities with them.
So you don't have kids then you fucking clown. If you do - may the lord have mercy on them you silly cunt. Fuck off, get out of my inbox, loser.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Rock on, brother. If these films work for your kid there is no shame in it.

I just prefer a slightly different tack is all. I don't mind what the studios do so long as they don't call me an -ist, -phobe, or some other bad word for not liking it.

I certainly don't disparage the viewers. Hell, my kids watch all sorts of silly shit on YouTube.

So you don't have kids then you fucking clown. If you do - may the lord have mercy on them you silly cunt. Fuck off, get out of my inbox, loser.

F*cking raise your kids right and do healthy activity with them instead of using Marvel movies as ersatz parenting you lazy bum. Maybe then they have a chance at becoming functional adults.
Start being a decent parent, ffs!

Last edited:
Whereas your imaginary children, champ? Haj - you have none. You can stench it a mile off you absolute failure Virgin... Awww. Bless ya 🤗

Whereas your imaginary children, champ? Haj - you have none. You can stench it a mile off you absolute failure Virgin... Awww. Bless ya 🤗

You referred to parents as "now parents..._' you have none because you're an ugly fat-ass hmmmm., I'd say 30 year old Virgin. Good luck champ!

Man, it worries me that you have kids, no wonder they have behavioral problems.

Do you know what? I accept your points and I think your side of this topic and outcome is valid.

For me? I feel that 90 percent of the masses will enjoy this film. ..

It's Ant-man! The entire thought and driver behind such movies is to achieve making people feel good - and it does just that! It's an escape, it's a switch up, it's a break from the norm.

What you have to understand is that films such as these discussed are an outlet of pleasure for children that are struggling in real life.

TV should never be the answer to struggling children.

I mean I'm no parent but if my kid is struggling, feeding them various forms of Television media would not be the answer. Just saying

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I've been waiting to see a substantial look at the Quantum Realm ever since I was a kid, reading some old backbin issue of a Spider-Man comic when it was still called the Microverse. Looks cool. The first Ant-Man was hilarious, the second kind of meh, hoping for a return to form here.

ManaByte

All cgi broke Ian mackellen in the newer hobbit trilogy. I think he was talking to a lamp that was standing in for a hobbit and he just started crying cause it was so unnatural as a classically trained actor
Part of that is true. It wasn’t an all CG scene though. The movies were shot with 3D cameras so the camera perspective trick they used to make the hobbits look small in the first trilogy wouldn’t work in 3D so the only way to use full size actors as dwarves with normal sized people in the same shot was to shoot them separately.

Lunarorbit

Part of that is true. It wasn’t an all CG scene though. The movies were shot with 3D cameras so the camera perspective trick they used to make the hobbits look small in the first trilogy wouldn’t work in 3D so the only way to use full size actors as dwarves with normal sized people in the same shot was to shoot them separately.
There you go. Just sounds pretty depressing, especially if you're in your 70s.

The new screen technology that's been showcased in the mandolarian looks cool but it potentially has that same dehumanizing quality to it that the3d camera experience.

Johnathan majors seems like he'll be a great Kang though. I should watch the HBO show he was in

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The new screen technology that's been showcased in the mandolarian looks cool but it potentially has that same dehumanizing quality to it that the3d camera experience.

More on that - according to numerous cinematographers, the tech pioneered for the Mandalorian is great for shooting scenes that take place with lighting conditions similar to dusk or dawn, but is terrible at depicting scenes at night or midday.

I wish more shows and movies would go back an incorporate more practical filming and effects. I understand they don't all have the time and budget to do what Jackson did with the original Lord of the Rings trilogy, but man, full-on, near 100% special effects, even after all of the technological advances, still almost always looks worse.

ikbalCO

Ugh.

Another-verse again?

I really miss the ca: winter soldier days of marvel. Hero/villian stories with just enogh drama and cgi.

This will look bland and boring on imax and people defend it visiuals when it lands on d+ with hdr on an oled.

Gonna see it on theaters regardless tho just to support ev lily.

Tripled vax here, just so you know

Razvedka

Banned
Ugh.

Another-verse again?

I really miss the ca: winter soldier days of marvel. Hero/villian stories with just enogh drama and cgi.

This will look bland and boring on imax and people defend it visiuals when it lands on d+ with hdr on an oled.

Gonna see it on theaters regardless tho just to support ev lily.

Tripled vax here, just so you know
At least this should at least be slightly interrelated to a prior 'Phase 4' Marvel work*, unlike most of the tentpole flicks they've been releasing. I mean Far From Home and Multiverse of Madness were fun, but pretty much exist in their own universes or have highly limited connective tissue to some 'overarching' plot and villain.

Loki

Top Bottom