• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Sully (Uncharted) PS5 Leak

PresetError

Neophyte
I wish the leak was true if only for the new Playstation Studios game lenght standards. It would be a total turnaround from the strategy of less games but bigger that Sony talked in the past when Shawn Layden was in charge of Worldwide Studios. Ironically, Shawn Layden also talked about the need of producing shorter games recently.

CamHostage

This will be the 8th Uncharted game.

Hold on, 8th?

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  3. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  5. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  6. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  7. ???
  8. Uncharted: Sully Prequel

What's the missing one? Are you counting the 1/2/3 Nathan Drake Collection? If we're getting into the weeds that far in saying what is and isn't an Uncharted game, shouldn't we then also count Fortune Hunter and Fight for Fortune (there was also Pinball Heroes: Uncharted on PSP.)

I get you; I don't necessarily need lots more Uncharted in my life either (it's fine and the production value is up there on the screen, but Uncharted has never been my type of game to go to for more than a once-through for technical wow-factor.) But, I also don't think the franchise has burned itself out. Not enough people played the Vita game, not many people got the side-story, so 4 real popular games, I think there's room to keep going. And especially if the Sully project breaks from the Drake formula and tries something a little different, that could be a compelling game.

...But also, this could all be a bullshit rumor and it's not happening, which would be fine by me too as long as Sony has other projects I'm more interested in.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I thought game pass was the thing that would make shorter and cheaper made games? If this rumour is true, Sony themselves are focussing on cheaper to make, shorter games because they can churn them out faster.

I’m surprised this isn’t being met with severe anger and vitriol. Wait, no I’m not.

Defrop

Banned
4chan:messenger_tears_of_joy:

ZoelcgG.jpg

"I work for Sucker Punch" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What a load of BS

Sounds too good to be true, especially the part about it NOT being developed by ND, which is what I would want.

But dammit, a prequel game with a young Sully is exactly where I want the series to go.

But anything on 4chan is highly dubious, I'm still bitter about the "demon edition" of MGSV and I remember once back in 2009 reading a "leaker" on 4chan saying that Sony was going to exit the video game industry entirely, which... yeah.

Kuranghi

I won't be happy unless you can abandon every objective and instead follow the hoes. I want hoe subplots and a cigar smoking mini-game where you watch it being rolled on a woman's thigh first.

edit - oh for fudge sake I didn't realise this was old, need. moar. coffee.

Last edited:

Kupfer

edit - oh for fudge sake I didn't realise this was old, need. moar. coffee.
Just curious, how do you stumble across a thread on page 275 and don't realize it's old?

@topic: never heard about this leak, I'd love to see the game though. The level in U4 in which you cruise around wit the Sully and the boat is one of my favourite levels in the game. If the Sully game is basically this but bigger, I'm in for it.

Kuranghi

Just curious, how do you stumble across a thread on page 275 and don't realize it's old?

@topic: never heard about this leak, I'd love to see the game though. The level in U4 in which you cruise around wit the Sully and the boat is one of my favourite levels in the game. If the Sully game is basically this but bigger, I'm in for it.