• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Massive Call of Duty Modern Warfare Update. I've had enough.

xviper

Yesterday i decided to play the game again after stopping for like a month, turns out i had to download a Compatibility Data Pack to play MP, and it's 18GB

And now that i have finished downloading it, i'm welcomed with a 21GB update

This is bullshit

Riven326

Banned
Yesterday i decided to play the game again after stopping for like a month, turns out i had to download a Compatibility Data Pack to play MP, and it's 18GB

And now that i have finished downloading it, i'm welcomed with a 21GB update

This is bullshit
It sounds like they're trying to get people to stop playing.

mekes

200gb, Jesus. I was shocked yesterday when I realised dirt rally 2.0 was taking up almost 80gb. 200 is insane

Stuart360

I'd love to know why games this gen are 10+ times bigger than last gen, they certainly are not 10 times better looking.

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. The youtubers I'm referring to are in agreement that it's absolute garbage. I and others have been saying it in the OT from the beginning. They aren't saying it's worse than BO4. They're saying it's the worst CoD EVER. Now, this pertains to 6 vs 6, traditional TDM, what CoD has always been about.

The response to Warzone has been overwhelmingly positive, bar the cheating. But you can play it for free. And the campaign was okay. But TDM? Horrible.

It has strict Sbbm. So what? It's a design choice, and one that I don't prefer as a former pub stomper. But it's forced me to play differently and that's a bit of a refreshing change. They're just mad because they have to hop on unleveled accounts if they wanna have a chance of getting decent "gameplay"

Your first mistake was buying it in the first place lol a 150GB plus game for a FPS is just stupid if it were open world like RDR2 than i can understand but it not and also a 100GB for a free to play stand alone game mode is another stupid thing im never touching another Call of Duty game in my life.

Last edited:
It has strict Sbbm. So what? It's a design choice, and one that I don't prefer as a former pub stomper. But it's forced me to play differently and that's a bit of a refreshing change. They're just mad because they have to hop on unleveled accounts if they wanna have a chance of getting decent "gameplay"
Except most of them flat out refuse to play it. Those that do are mad because they have to play a shitty game if they want to make money. Why would playing against noobs on an unleveled account make the likes of Korean Savage mad? It's easy.

SBMM, no dead silence as a perk, the absurd footsteps, no mini map, no map vote, garbage maps, doors everywhere, safe spaces, etc, etc. TDM is garbage.

Last edited:

Amaranty

Deleted the game due to Warzone being too campy. They do have gameplay mechanics that I really like though - pistol at the start of the game, armor and loot system.

Unfortunately the big map and camping kills it for me. Went back to Apex Legends.

KaiserBecks

Except most of them flat out refuse to play it. Those that do are mad because they have to play a shitty game if they want to make money. Why would playing against noobs on an unleveled account make the likes of Korean Savage mad? It's easy.

SBMM, no dead silence as a perk, the absurd footsteps, no mini map, no map vote, garbage maps, doors everywhere, safe spaces, etc, etc. TDM is garbage.

Oh my, that's settled then. Modern Warfare is nothing more than a "Youtubers HATE this game!" story.
I think it's the best game in the franchise since the original Modern Warfare, which I doubt most of these experts where old enough to play back then.

Oh my, that's settled then. Modern Warfare is nothing more than a "Youtubers HATE this game!" story.
I think it's the best game in the franchise since the original Modern Warfare, which I doubt most of these experts where old enough to play back then.
I am and it isn't. You are entitled to your opinion, though, glad you like it.

Lol it's like Days Gone. 30gb patch every time I turned on my ps4 for a year (once or twice a month) but Days Gone updates do something

Some of these games I just pause the update and wait until I feel like playing it again and then update it then.

Other games like Ark/Division 2/Ghost Recon Wildlands & Breakpoint and some others have these huge 20gig+ patches fairly frequently. It is somewhat annoying honestly.

That's why I've resorted to putting certain games on a time out for updates since they do it a little too often.

Definitely certain live service/online games will have a lot of these regardless, just not all the patches are as ridiculous. Like Mount & Blade 2, those are like 1gig'ish lately and that's in Early Access.

I also have a 4tb external for my X1X as well. No way 1tb suffices even this gen. Deleting/redownloading is bullshit.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
Some of these games I just pause the update and wait until I feel like playing it again and then update it then.

Other games like Ark/Division 2/Ghost Recon Wildlands & Breakpoint and some others have these huge 20gig+ patches fairly frequently. It is somewhat annoying honestly.

That's why I've resorted to putting certain games on a time out for updates since they do it a little too often.

Definitely certain live service/online games will have a lot of these regardless, just not all the patches are as ridiculous. Like Mount & Blade 2, those are like 1gig'ish lately and that's in Early Access.

I also have a 4tb external for my X1X as well. No way 1tb suffices even this gen. Deleting/redownloading is bullshit.
Yeah. If psn worked as fast as steam it would be no issue. I have 600mbit connection.
But psn crawlslike it's 2010

Soodanim

This shit is why people worry about next gen consoles. There's no way they can expect anyone to believe that the game couldn't be reduced from its mammoth size.

Helios

Trust me...it's worse on PC. battle.net doesn't support delta patching so that 20GB update on the consoles is a 50-80GB download on PC. Every. Single. Time.
Last time I tried to update the game battlenet was DL-ing with around 200b (bytes, not even Kb). Had to switch my region to Asia to get some decent download speed. Shit is insane. Than you have the shader installing crap.
Like a lot of the people in this thread I uninstalled it, too.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Slow PSN + that stupid copying mechanism = this is what you get (and people scratch their head whenever I say how bad console/experience PS4 is)... Supposedly the copying procedure is required due to HDD, but PC and XB1 don't have it despite the same HDD being used, so I guess it has something to do with the file system being used in PS4. Cerny even addressed the issue during his Road to PS5 speech, but I don't know, we can already mount SSD inside the PS4 and the copying is still there, forced by the system, just faster, so the question is if PS5 will get rid of it or will it still be there, just much faster.

As for the game size itself, it is indeed ridiculous, are there some hidden 8K textures or what?? It's a common knowledge some data on the consoles are duplicated even 20-40x, but come the fuck on... I wish there was a system where you could download or even just buy the parts that interest you (SP/MP/Coop), rumors say PS5 will indeed allow for something like that, and I hope this is true, so others will take notice and follow suit.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I always enjoyed COD games, didn't get every one but liked every one I played. But this new Modern Warfare is a real piece of shit, it just sucks, the GAAS/battlepass shit is constantly flashing in front of me like a Tencent iOS game, and the constant massive patches are just a pain in the ass. Looks great but that's about it. I'm done with the series now, it was a total waste of money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom