• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime question: Has there ever been a filler character that made it into the manga itself?

Blade2.0

The only filler/noncanon that became canon character I can think of is Broly from Dragonball.

This happens often with comics, though. Like Harley Quinn coming from the BTAS and becoming just as famous and loved as other comic villains, but I don't think I've ever heard of that happening with a manga. Is there a filler character that the mangaka loved so much that they were added to the story and given some development?

Shouta

Not quite a perfect example but Boruto's anime had a character make it into the manga version of it, Sumire.

It's not perfect because Boruto's anime and manga are being made concurrently and there's no true source material.

Gregory from Dragonball would be a solid example though. He's not the original manga but is considered part of the canon as i recall

Top Bottom