• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters

Astral Dog

Im watching Inuyasha on Amazon video and i think i got hooked 🤭 its quite fun, i mean i haven't watched anime since Hellsing Ultimate a couple years back and suddendly got in the mood, it was between that and the firefighters one because the effects looked cool 🔥

So now i want to see what happens with Naraku :p, some parts remind me of Ranma and the voice actors sound familiar in the latin dub, plus it just looks nice the animation in battles and medieval japan

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Im watching Inuyasha on Amazon video and i think i got hooked 🤭 its quite fun, i mean i haven't watched anime since Hellsing Ultimate a couple years back and suddendly got in the mood, it was between that and the firefighters one because the effects looked cool 🔥

So now i want to see what happens with Naraku :p, some parts remind me of Ranma and the voice actors sound familiar in the latin dub, plus it just looks nice the animation in battles and medieval japan
I have watched it till end. Nothing sums up my hate for this series better than this guy's reaction.

Just watch Ranma. From the same author.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I have watched it till end. Nothing sums up my hate for this series better than this guy's reaction.

Just watch Ranma. From the same author.

I loved Ranma Inuyasha doesn't have the same charming characters but i like the focus on the episodic action so far.

I heard it becomes more repititive as it goes on so if i start to get annoyed i plan to skip a season and watch the last 20 episodes 🤭

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I loved Ranma Inuyasha doesn't have the same charming characters but i like the focus on the episodic action so far.

I heard it becomes more repititive as it goes on so if i start to get annoyed i plan to skip a season and watch the last 20 episodes 🤭
The Final Act(26 episodes) is somewhat ok. Ranma was also repetitive but I never felt like skipping anything.

KielCasto

It’s been a good week for me. Scanlation of Psychometrer Eiji has almost caught up, finishing the last arc and leaving the epilogue left. And the Harvest Festival arc of Iruma-kun wrapped up really cute.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Animemes decided to ban the word "trap" as they considered it to be a transphobic slur. My god, what a bunch of fucking idiots, lol. How can you be a part of the anime community, one that actively uses the word as a term of endearment and as a positive in the context of the medium?

Fucking mind virus cancer has affected every facet of that shitty site.

-Minsc-

Animemes decided to ban the word "trap" as they considered it to be a transphobic slur. My god, what a bunch of fucking idiots, lol. How can you be a part of the anime community, one that actively uses the word as a term of endearment and as a positive in the context of the medium?

Well then. Replace trap with: I see you as a man, not woman, so I can not be your validation for how you see your self. You did a good job fooling me though."

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

reddit gonna reddit

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Well then. Replace trap with: I see you as a man, not woman, so I can not be your validation for how you see your self. You did a good job fooling me though."

That would be funny if they were trans characters, but they aren't. They are men who identify as men but like to dress girly or vice versa.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow Star Narutaru.
The OP is great but man the mangaka has no idea what to with the story. The manga goes nowhere then everything just becomes EVA as if it was axed in those last 2 chapters. Makes sense considering he has a hard on for these stories. (Bokurano)

Yes

The OP is great but man the mangaka has no idea what to with the story. The manga goes nowhere then everything just becomes EVA as if it was axed in those last 2 chapters. Makes sense considering he has a hard on for these stories. (Bokurano)

Yes
Finished Misu Misou. Was pretty good. Better than Shadow Star Narutaru.

The contrasts to High Score Girl are interesting. Like High Score Girl has like the most normal girl I've ever seen (Koharu Hidaka), but in Misu Misou everybody reacts so extreme.
Also in Misu Misou ordinary kitchen knives cut through human bodies like butter, while in High Score Girl, getting hit by a car doesn't even give you a bruise.
At least I know where the extremely violent tsundere behavior comes from now lol.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Misu Misou. Was pretty good. Better than Shadow Star Narutaru.

The contrasts to High Score Girl are interesting. Like High Score Girl has like the most normal girl I've ever seen (Koharu Hidaka), but in Misu Misou everybody reacts so extreme.
Also in Misu Misou ordinary kitchen knives cut through human bodies like butter, while in High Score Girl, getting hit by a car doesn't even give you a bruise.
At least I know where the extremely violent tsundere behavior comes from now lol.
Tone change. One is mostly a comedy romcom the other is a revenge story. Usually in these works people are as fragile as white bread.

Durask

As someone who enjoyed Goblin Slayer, it's decent. A lot of people *twitter* overblown the first episode as problematic, but all in all it's wasn't that bad.

Goblin Slayer is entertaining enough for me to buy the LNs but I can't say I like the meta framing very much.

Basically it is a board game played by the gods.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Just found out that Hiromu Arakawa finished Silver Spoon last year.

Hopefully bae moves onto something more exciting soon.

4edd736e-ab70-11e8-8796-d12ba807e6e9_972x_230132.jpg

201aef7a1fa1c020ac20c4b32f20ab375c1e883d_hq.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Changed my mind after reading Otonari no Tenshi-sama. I don't know if i should vomit sugar or hit my head into a wall to drain all the rainbows from my blood. Shit is so cute it made me angry.
Try Sono Bisque

493MhsC.png

SaniOYOYOY

act age cancelation actually triggers me so much. When there is actually something fresh in shonen jump, writer decided to do something totally dumb. lose lose for everyone

at least there is still one piece and chainsawman, I just hope they dont end that quickly

Last edited:
This is the worst way for a manga to end, I'd rather see it put on hiatus forever. Not a fan but I enjoyed reading the recent chapters and the art was real pretty too. Just when a unique Jump manga is getting more and more popular. I wonder if the anime will still air? The studio in charge must be already working on it. What a shame for the many people involved.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
act age cancelation actually triggers me so much. When there is actually something fresh in shonen jump, writer decided to do something totally dumb. lose lose for everyone

at least there is still
one piece and chainsawman, I just hope they dont end that quickly
I mean that thing is almost over and it is gonna have a Fire Punch like FUCK YOU ending from the looks of it.

-Minsc-

at least there is still one piece and chainsawman, I just hope they dont end that quickly
I did not expect that to be the reason for cancellation. Just another great reminder that certain works of fiction are to stay in the world of fiction and do not translate to real life.

O-N-E

This is him getting arrested.

One source says the girl was between 10-17, this source says 12-15. Why the vagueness? If it was 17, it might not be that bad. If it's closer to 10 then he's a full-blown pedo.

So many Mangaka must dream of being in Shounen Jump. What a strange decision to make.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
He already said he did it. I wonder if he is gonna get a slap on the wrist like Kenshi's mangaka did cause Japan.

O-N-E

OK, he's definitely an idiotic perv and at the least extremely close to pedo territory.

2WvJxTY.png

He already said he did it. I wonder if he is gonna get a slap on the wrist like Kenshi's mangaka did cause Japan.

As far as I'm aware, they're saying the manga is canceled, no? So I don't think he'll be welcomed back at Jump. With regards to the law, I don't know. He didn't rape her. Some sort of assault while on a bike. Probably tried to cop a feel.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I never read Act Age, is it about acting your own age?

With regards to the law, I don't know. He didn't rape her. Some sort of assault while on a bike. Probably tried to cop a feel.
Here in America that gets you a year in prison.

Last edited by a moderator:

O-N-E

I have to say, it's really strange how accepted weird perviness surrounding middle / high school kids and incest stuff is in mainstream manga. Even female mangaka do this.

I was reading one that seemed to have some sort of prestige behind its reputation and the first chapter has the main character (middle schooler) rub his mother's tits from behind because it made him feel better (he said while smiling), right after it was mentioned his coach has cancer and his dad died from cancer....

-Minsc-

I have to say, it's really strange how accepted weird perviness surrounding middle / high school kids and incest stuff is in mainstream manga. Even female mangaka do this.

Some say love knows no boundaries. I say it's safer to say love is full of boundaries.

Perhaps it's supposed to represent youthful innocence/ignorance?

*especially female mangaka

I think of the Usagi Drop manga ending (haven't looked at it but am aware of it). From my understanding there's nothing explicit and both parties plan to wait until the younger is older. Still though, the high schooler and the adoptive father shacking up...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I think of the Usagi Drop manga ending (haven't looked at it but am aware of it). From my understanding there's nothing explicit and both parties plan to wait until the younger is older. Still though, the high schooler and the adoptive father shacking up...
That got shit for it because it was literally grooming/semi incest.

Top Bottom