• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I guess its also because people accepted the idea of calling time travel "Reincarnation"

Guilty_AI

I feel like the 2010's haven't been too great in terms of sci fi LN and manga, but i could just be missing out on something.
Does anyone know some sci fi good manga or LN, preferably with a decent amount of chapters, that doesn't involve game systems?

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Most sci-fi I have read are kind of shit, there are some good mangas I cant remember. But theres this Narita manga I am now reading
It starts with a fantasy world necromancer getting isekai'ed to a future earth. Technology is more advanced than Durarara, there are a lot of sci-fi elements.
And this Korean novel

Bernkastel

I dont think theres anything like Utsuro no hako. "Tsukumodo Antique Shop" and "Gekkou" are good mystery light novels. I think "Sachiiro no One Room" is a good mystery manga. "Though You May Burn to Ash" is mystery+horror+torture, but the author died so the series is cancelled. Theres another one I cant remember.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I dont think theres anything like Utsuro no hako. "Tsukumodo Antique Shop" and "Gekkou" are good mystery light novels. I think "Sachiiro no One Room" is a good mystery manga. "Though You May Burn to Ash" is mystery+horror+torture, but the author died so the series is cancelled. Theres another one I cant remember.
I really liked Gekkou when i read it, Sachiiro no One Room not so much (a bit too edgy for me).
Its the first i hear of Tsukumodo Antique Shop and it looks incredibly interesting, thank you very much.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Man deca dence is no bueno.
2019-10-31-e-lee-m-night-shyamalan-philadelphia-museum-of-the-american-revolution-film-tax-credit-hearing-768x512.jpg

Its time travel to your former self.
Feels more like loading a savestate. 🤷‍♀️ A spider being reborn as a monster in another world feels more like a true reincarnation. Or Jesus, since naturally the passage of time only goes forward. Yes.

Bernkastel

Feels more like loading a savestate. 🤷‍♀️ A spider being reborn as a monster in another world feels more like a true reincarnation. Or Jesus, since naturally the passage of time only goes forward. Yes.
I mean everyone has accepted calling it reincarnation any way. I would suggest asking it to r/lightnovels or novelupdates forums. Although what you said can indeed be given some thought.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I mean everyone has accepted calling it reincarnation any way. I would suggest asking it to r/lightnovels or novelupdates forums. Although what you said can indeed be given some thought.
Oh I know what other people call it but like I said, to me the shoe don't fit. I'm prob wrong and that is ok!

Cutty Flam

Banned
Check out my Top 150 One Piece Characters List that I made a little while ago. Based entirely on my preferences; they’re my favorites

Over 1,000 characters in the manga/anime I think so this is at least the top 10% of them IMO

I’ll put in spoilers, just in case anybody wants to preserve even the names of characters

ArR7VxX.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
You've got 151 there.
Lol I know, good catch. Actually, a decent bit more than that. On some spots I included multiple characters that sort of go together. One spot even has a group of four characters. I'm waiting to see what other fans think of the rankings. Shit was tough to decide, even in the top 25, even in the fucking top 10 tbh, the characters are all so dynamic and great. Very inspiring characters and work in One Piece I love it

Cutty Flam

Banned
ValiantTraveler ValiantTraveler

You said you’ve read JoJo Part 6: Stone Ocean right? Where does it rank in comparison to the others for you? What’s the best aspect of it in your opinion?

I think I might soon start to very slowly chip away at it until the anime is announced (I would guess 2021)

Cutty Flam Cutty Flam Actually I haven't read Stone Ocean yet, only a few chapters including the ending (I spoiled myself, I know). I'm waiting for the anime to discover the whole story. One thing I can say about it is that it'll go to some very unexpected places.

My guess is that the anime announcement might drop at anytime. I'm expecting it to start airing some time during 2021.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Stone Ocean is literally the worst part. From the stands to the story and the characters. After the first part anyway. But tbf Phantom Blood is older than most people here.

I’m really getting into jojo bizarre adventures already on the last season on Crunchyrol,I heard that the English subtitles ruin some Of the stands names,like koichi the English they say reverb but it’s actually called echoes from Pink Floyd .

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I’m really getting into jojo bizarre adventures already on the last season on Crunchyrol,I heard that the English subtitles ruin some Of the stands names,like koichi the English they say reverb but it’s actually called echoes from Pink Floyd .
You can hear the stand names loud and clear though.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
What's wrong with it? Seems interesting enough so far. Granted I haven't watched episode 4 yet.
With only 13 episodes, you'd have to watch it's entirely. Some shorter series -- direction/writing/budget can change the overall outcome for better or worse.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Stone Ocean is literally the worst part. From the stands to the story and the characters. After the first part anyway. But tbf Phantom Blood is older than most people here.
Phantom Blood is excellent. But the ones that follow are just so phenomenal, there’s no way it can really compete. Jonathan Joestar’s is a saint!!!
His demeanor, in part, was what made Dio so detestable of a villain. Jonathan was some level of passive, and very forgiving. Genuinely felt bad for the guy. Standup guy but Dio fucked up his entire life

Interested to see how Stone Ocean matches up with the rest. I heard some people praise it well, some say it’s pretty good, others said it wasn’t all that great. Curious about Jolyne Kujo

Part 7 and Part 8 I heard are both great. Part 8 seems really confusing

O-N-E

Oregairu S3 ep 4 - Best girl doesn't deserve such pain. This is shit. Reading the lyrics for season 1's ED knowing it's likely from her perspective makes it hurt more. DAMMIT ALL! Hopefully she finds some ultra kind and handsome chad that will give her the happily ever after she deserves.

Deca-Dence ep 4 - So at this point, I'm guessing she's either going to die or get critically injured in the battle and the dude will somehow transform her into a cyborg.

Last edited:
Top Bottom