• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
9W5BgYy.png

Cutty Flam

Banned
Wamuu is a far better character than Caesar. Keep watching.
I’ve already seen all of Part 2

Wamuu is definitely an outstanding warrior in the grand scheme of warriors in anime. I would imagine he’s a top 25 warrior. But Caesar is an incredible character. He acts as like an older brother to Joseph Joestar. Loved his friends. Tough as can be. His strength of character is stronger than what I feel of Wamuu’s perspective as a warrior. Caesar is the better character. He essentially had that pompous false God beat but then of course Wamuu was lucky enough to find Caesar making a fatal mistake last second and capitalizes on it, in an instant, without hesitation

Can’t really call it luck though because he came out of basically sure death being on the ropes with Caesar’s genius stratagem, only to fire back with his own. That entire fight is brilliant btw, even the song Small Soldier playing is perfect for the scene

I think for Caesar to have almost won even with being 2,000 years or whatever behind in battle experience is a feat in itself, even despite the loss

Wamuu was graceful as can be for a villain. A true warrior. But Caesar looked after JoJo to the very end. I’d say Caesar is the better character but Wamuu was damn impressive

The sequels of this season are starting strong as I expected. If I had the time I'd rewatch the first seasons of these series.
Fire Force S2 2-3
After a first episode that reintroduced most characters, the story is ramping up quickly. Arthur is being fleshed out in a really nice manner and the new girl is nice. And damn I didn't expect that dude to get blasted by the Evangelist like that with absolutely no censorship. It's good that an anime can still get away with violence. Also the animation is still impressive and the opening is the best so far. This is one of the best shonen anime in recent years, in large part thanks to the swift pacing and solid animation. Can't wait for next week

Re;Zero 1-2
The avalanche of cute/pretty female characters is a bit cringey and Subaru is simping like no one else. But I like the feeling of "things can go horribly wrong at any moment". I need to check out the biggest moments of season 1 because my memory is hazy. Oh and Echidna is hot.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I watched Monster Musume no Oishasan. 6/10 so far. This season again, is a drought for me.
I have a couple ones but I think they're too edgy to post here.
Also /a/ is so fucking goddamn autistic I swear.
4channel is literally reddit lol.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I watched Monster Musume no Oishasan. 6/10 so far. This season again, is a drought for me.

4channel is literally reddit lol.
They banned me for this even though I never used Proxy/VPN.
jfMENm.jpg

The only thing I actively did on /a/ was, whenever someone made an isekai thread, I will post "Read Volcanic Age"(in spoilers).

since I don't see an active Gundam thread, I guess I'll post it here.

seems like the official Gundam Youtube channel had posted all three parts of the original 0079 One Year War Gundam movie. so if you're interested in Gundam and had never watched the OG before, this should be a good watch. the art didn't age that poorly in my opinion but of course that's subjective. the story however is still pretty awesome especially since this one started the whole "realistic" robot and war genre and has plenty of iconic moments.

That's awesome, however the videos are not available in my country :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I never got around watching the OG, but I enjoyed 8th MS team and 0083 a lot. The Narrative film was pretty good too.

That's awesome, however the videos are not available in my country :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I never got around watching the OG, but I enjoyed 8th MS team and 0083 a lot. The Narrative film was pretty good too.

that sucks. see if you can find the manga Gundam Origin, since that's the best version of the One Year War to be honest.

-Minsc-

I watched this for some reason.

My first con was back in 2008, never had an issue with them. I did hear about them though. Glomping seemed more in, thankfully I was never a victim of that.

Kinda interesting thinking about the period I attended the majority of cons, 2008-2012. 08 seemed to be about the cusp of a boom. Observing the cons in the vid I question whether I even belong there anymore or even did in the first place.

KielCasto

I just finished reading the Korean novel Adonis upto the latest chapters and it was among the best things I have ever read. There is also a Manhwa adaption called Reminiscence Adonis(weird since volume 1-4 of the Novel is called Adonis:Reminiscence and Volume 5 onwards its called Adonis:Eternal Bliss), I guess I will skim through it to experience it in a visual medium. There are so many amazing Korean novels and Manhwas that will never get an anime adaption. We are just happy with getting Tower of God and now The God of High School, but there are hundreds of amazing Korean Novels/Manhwas like Dungeon Defense and Adonis that will be forever be unknown to the Anime community. All we have is this Webtoons trailer.

I wish we get to see more anime adaptation of manhwa. I’d be down to watch reincarnation, romance adaptations. But my biggest wish is to watch Hive since it’s the one that made me really love manhwa.

Bernkastel

I wish we get to see more anime adaptation of manhwa. I’d be down to watch reincarnation, romance adaptations. But my biggest wish is to watch Hive since it’s the one that made me really love manhwa.
I was introduced to manhwas through adaptions of Korean novels. But the thing that really got me into Korean novels was Dungeon Defense. If only manhwas are considered, the first manhwa that I really loved was Volcanic Age(I just started a similar manhwa called MookHyang).

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My main gripe with korean comics are that for the most part they are as bland as western comics/manga and the HUGE white spacing in their long strips. They also suffer from major pacing issues. While we are on that topic, I have yet to read a Chinese comic I've enjoyed. I think they know for the most part most people don't and that is why their games get comics made by Japan.
z1.png

Bernkastel

I have yet to read a Chinese comic I've enjoyed.
There are some good Xianxia web novels like "Poisoning the World: The Secret Service Mysterious Doctor is a Young Beastly Wife"(I recommend this, you will enjoy it) and "The Ancestor of our Sect Isn’t Acting like an Elder"(I just remembered this exits and now I am 27 chapters behind), ancient China reincarnation stories like "The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage" and "Princess Wei Yang", or the ones set in modern day China like "Every Vicious Woman Needs a Loyal Man", "Rebirth In The Novel: Indulging The Female Side Character" and "The Female Supporting Character Just Wants To Live A Good Life". A lot of these have not been adapted to Manhua(Princess Wei Yang has one but it only has 5 chapters translated).
Everyone hypes up Release that Witch(this has a manhua adaption with 153 chapters), but even though I finished the web novel I never actually felt like recommending it. It has obvious plot holes and some cringe moments. The ending was rushed because of a new Chinese law that forbids Chinese media set in a medieval western settings(ironic considering the story is about a Chinese guy introducing Communism to fantasy world).
Or just try "I am my Wife", the manhua translation is very slow.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
There are some good Xianxia web novels like "Poisoning the World: The Secret Service Mysterious Doctor is a Young Beastly Wife"(I recommend this, you will enjoy it) and "The Ancestor of our Sect Isn’t Acting like an Elder"(I just remembered this exits and now I am 27 chapters behind), ancient China reincarnation stories like "The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage" and "Princess Wei Yang", or the ones set in modern day China like "Every Vicious Woman Needs a Loyal Man", "Rebirth In The Novel: Indulging The Female Side Character" and "The Female Supporting Character Just Wants To Live A Good Life". A lot of these have not been adapted to Manhua(Princess Wei Yang has one but it only has 5 chapters translated).
Everyone hypes up Release that Witch(this has a manhua adaption with 153 chapters), but even though I finished the web novel I never actually felt like recommending it. It has obvious plot holes and some cringe moments. The ending was rushed because of a new Chinese law that forbids Chinese media set in a medieval western settings(ironic considering the story is about a Chinese guy introducing Communism to fantasy world).
Or just try "I am my Wife", the manhua translation is very slow.
I read that manhua about the old guy that dies and time turns back to where he is a kid only easily to know everything beforehand. Are any of those better because I dropped that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernkastel

I read that manhua about the old guy that dies and time turns back to where he is a kid only easily to know everything beforehand. Are any of those better because I dropped that one.
That sounds like a reincarnation story. Like I said "I am my Wife" is the only manhua I can recommend, rest dont have a translated manhua. But you might like the modern setting web novels and the Xianxia web novels I mentioned.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds like a reincarnation story. Like I said "I am my Wife" is the only manhua I can recommend, rest dont have a translated manhua. But you might like the modern setting web novels and the Xianxia web novels I mentioned.
Is it reincarnation if it just turns back time?

Bernkastel

Is it reincarnation if it just turns back time?
You mean going to back when he was kid ? They always get the reincarnation tag, so we call them "Reincarnation" and traveling to another world "Isekai"
Both have the Reincarnation tag and are going back to their past self. Reincarnation genre is very common in Korean/Chinese stories. But this also gets the reincarnation tag.
She was reborn as her step-sisters daughter.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
That doesn't sound like typical reincarnation though. That's time travel. (those are also in the tags lol)

If I died right now and I woke up as me as a kid that would just be at best a time loop since I never actually died.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernkastel

Its time travel to your former self. Everyone calls them reincarnation anyway. I guess since it technically means being reborn, so second chance is also called reincarnation. This is also why Mushoku Tensei is called reincarnation since he was reborn in another world instead of just being transported. Time travel back to your original is also a form of being reborn. Spider Isekai is also reincarnation.

Top Bottom