• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Are there any light novels on par with the best of novels from the West? I read a couple pages of fan-translated stuff from popular series, but it felt awkward / unnatural.
What do you mean by own par ? Themes of Eastern and Western novel will ofcourse be different. If you just want to read a story that is different try this.
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria or Hakomari or The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria
You will enjoy it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any light novels on par with the best of novels from the West? I read a couple pages of fan-translated stuff from popular series, but it felt awkward / unnatural.
The west has good things to read?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Uh-huh. Very convincing. Weeb levels off the scale.
The burden of proof is on you.

A3WOG6y.png

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How do I prove to you that you're insane?

Another thread down the drain. Peace.
This is where you would list great Western LN's. Note that I never said great Eastern LN's existed. This is the dumbest thing you have sperged out about.

bVnJOb1.jpg

You haven't read that old book where they say the n-word or hairy potta?
Like 17 years ago I think.

O-N-E

NOVELS.

Any Light Novels that are as good as novels from the West.

I’ve read about 4 vols in a single sitting(chainsaw man).

Shit is tight, dumb, typical manga fluff, very interesting characters and a superb art. I think I’ve got a new best girl🤡

Ifyou haven’t read it. Give it a chance. Chapters are light and by chapter 3 you’ll know if you like it or not.

Karmic Raze

I know Netflix's anime is blasphemy around these parts, but I started watching Baki. It's pretty entertaining if not just plain outlandish at times. Just got two episodes in, though. I'm having fun with it.

Pejo

So I finished up Tower of God the other day, really good for a first season. I was constantly surprised and disappointed that the episodes ended so quickly. Lots of great lore left in the world, and I really like the characters. I only wish I hadn't read through comments where everyone hated Rachel so much because I feel like it tainted the experience. What are the hits of this season btw? I need something new.

Labolas

I know Netflix's anime is blasphemy around these parts, but I started watching Baki. It's pretty entertaining if not just plain outlandish at times. Just got two episodes in, though. I'm having fun with it.
Yeah that's how I watched Baki as well. Watching Parasyte on there now. I'm surprised how legitimately good it is.

Have you watched the old anime or read the manga? If not you’ll miss out on quite a lot. More than half the cast is from previous arcs and knowing these characters before starting the Netflix-funded adaptation lets you appreciate them a lot more and makes the whole new anime a lot less overwhelming.
What are the hits of this season btw? I need something new.
As far as new series go, probably nothing. The big hits are sequels: Oregairu, Re;Zero and Fire Force.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's how I watched Baki as well. Watching Parasyte on there now. I'm surprised how legitimately good it is.
I mean Parasyte wasn't made by Netflix it is just available there. I think he meant Netflix originals. Aka things that were streamed only there (not that it was made by them I believe) like Violet Evergarden, Knights of Sidonia and Little Meh Academia.

Pejo

As far as new series go, probably nothing. The big hits are sequels: Oregairu, Re;Zero and Fire Force.
Oh nice, I didn't know we were getting those sequels this season. Not sure I can go back to Re;Zero after the way they treated Rem in the first season. Fire Force i'm 100% in for though, loved the first season of that.

Karmic Raze

Have you watched the old anime or read the manga? If not you’ll miss out on quite a lot. More than half the cast is from previous arcs and knowing these characters before starting the Netflix-funded adaptation lets you appreciate them a lot more and makes the whole new anime a lot less overwhelming.

Nah, I haven’t watched the old anime or read the manga. I already feel like I’m missing a lot, but it should be fun nonetheless.

Sakura

Oh nice, I didn't know we were getting those sequels this season. Not sure I can go back to Re;Zero after the way they treated Rem in the first season. Fire Force i'm 100% in for though, loved the first season of that.
Rem is a very minor character in season 2. Though she is in the first episode of season 2 because it technically should be the ending to season 1.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Idk what THAT episode is. Spoil me.

This guy has been simping on a girl for a good 13 episodes
Like she doesn't like him that way, just the maid
The girl is like dude stop embarrassing me
Everybody hates the girl because she looks like evil incarnate
They go to the fucking castle where they gathered to power wank/titles
He goes to defend her honor even though she told him not to
He makes a gigantic ass of himself and all the top officials of the shitty country by
being a gigantic sperg saying every wrong possible thing he could at the moment
a sperg that was "championing" MUH Emilia
this is your mc
It was worth watching just to get to that point. I'm never buying a Subaru car again.

brap

Banned
This guy has been simping on a girl for a good 13 episodes
Like she doesn't like him that way, just the maid
The girl is like dude stop embarrassing me
Everybody hates the girl because she looks like evil incarnate
They go to the fucking castle where they gathered to power wank/titles
He goes to defend her honor even though she told him not to
He makes a gigantic ass of himself and all the top officials of the shitty country by
being a gigantic sperg saying every wrong possible thing he could at the moment
a sperg that was "championing" MUH Emilia
this is your mc
It was worth watching just to get to that point. I'm never buying a Subaru car again.
Lol. This is why I hate modern anime.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Lol. This is why I hate modern anime.
I forgot that he also got his ass handed to him as well. He could also just kill himself to go back in time as well but he chooses not to. Like smh fam kys.

I finished trigun a while ago, it has an interesting story but sadly ruined by comedy! I thought before it was a great show, but it turned out to be okay at best!
I was really disappointed with it.

Cutty Flam

Banned

Wish Caesar could have taken down Wamuu, hated to see that he lost at the very last second smh. Those types of loss are so tough to swallow. But at least Wamuu is a true warrior and gracefully honored his opponent. I'm glad Joseph Joestar wasn't there to witness the final mistake, the last slip in execution, but I also wish he was there from the start so he could have fucked him up fighting alongside Caesar

This one was always crazy to watch

Bernkastel

I just finished reading the Korean novel Adonis upto the latest chapters and it was among the best things I have ever read. There is also a Manhwa adaption called Reminiscence Adonis(weird since volume 1-4 of the Novel is called Adonis:Reminiscence and Volume 5 onwards its called Adonis:Eternal Bliss), I guess I will skim through it to experience it in a visual medium. There are so many amazing Korean novels and Manhwas that will never get an anime adaption. We are just happy with getting Tower of God and now The God of High School, but there are hundreds of amazing Korean Novels/Manhwas like Dungeon Defense and Adonis that will be forever be unknown to the Anime community. All we have is this Webtoons trailer.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Wish Caesar could have taken down Wamuu, hated to see that he lost at the very last second smh. Those types of loss are so tough to swallow. But at least Wamuu is a true warrior and gracefully honored his opponent. I'm glad Joseph Joestar wasn't there to witness the final mistake, the last slip in execution, but I also wish he was there from the start so he could have fucked him up fighting alongside Caesar

This one was always crazy to watch

Wamuu is a far better character than Caesar. Keep watching.

$2000 is still cheap. I've seen Taiga figurines being sold for $50000 on Amazon before. Of course that's only if you want the original. There are always lots of china copy versions of the expensive ones that are only $100 or less. But the quality is noticably worse.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
$2000 is still cheap. I've seen Taiga figurines being sold for $50000 on Amazon before. Of course that's only if you want the original. There are always lots of china copy versions of the expensive ones that are only $100 or less. But the quality is noticably worse.
Why would you spend even a dollar on worst girl?
I am not Ami.

O-N-E

GoH ep 2 - Animation and action still going strong. Thumbs up for that. The rest is still a question mark.

Decadence ep 2 - This show just got a lot more interesting. First episode was purposely leaving out a lot of info. Don't know if what they're trying to build here will work out, but I'm intrigued for now.

Bernkastel

Re Zero Season 2(or Arc 4 of the Web Novel) may actually change peoples opinion of Emilia.
Then again Rem is gone for good till the author changes his mind. But seriously Emilia has a lot of character development in Arc 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom