• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters

O-N-E

It's never gonna go my way, huh.

zHhzLQw.png

O-N-E

Meh, it's just fun to see how your own tastes compare to the community at large.

And as always, the community has shit taste.

O-N-E

You've read anything from the images I posted?

Nope. Googled them. Seem pretty obscure and generally not my cup of tea visually. Though I'm curious, do you discuss these manga on a particular forum or just read them?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. Googled them. Seem pretty obscure and generally not my cup of tea visually. Though I'm curious, do you discuss these manga on a particular forum or just read them?
I read em as they are scanned. Sadly only one (manga) has gotten published to date. Also fucking Aka sold out with Kaguya, so I'm never gonna see a ib reboot. You should give em a try, maybe the first one is too light hearted but the other ones aren't.
5a03b6476f881.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

O-N-E

I read em as they are scanned. Sadly only one (manga) has gotten published to date. Also fucking Aka sold out with Kaguya, so I'm never gonna see a ib reboot. You should give em a try, maybe the first one is too light hearted but the other ones aren't.
5a03b6476f881.jpg

I don't mind something light-hearted. I took a look at the publisher for Instant Bullet on MAL and they released Kono Bijutsubu. I liked the anime adaptation quite a bit. Probably no sequel though. Sad.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind something light-hearted. I took a look at the publisher for Instant Bullet on MAL and they released Kono Bijutsubu. I liked the anime adaptation quite a bit. Probably no sequel though. Sad.
That's the one sided love manga like Nozaki-kun right? Just read the mango.

Hanazawa is legit one of my favorite female voice actresses. It seems like many voice actors marry each other, I guess working in the same environment helps. It sucks to live somewhere you can’t find ladies like her ;_;

Last edited:

Tschumi

I'm no superfan, no weeb (I say that with affection), but I do want to take this moment to indicate my avatar, and beseech you all to accept Yuasa Masaaki as the one true anime God and do with him what you will :) peace be upon you all XP Love this guy~ Tatami Galaxy is my #1 OAT, but Kaiba is the #1 most emotional, Ping Pong is my #1 not-Tatami Galaxy, and really just about everything he did/was connected with is #1 in some capacity for me.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Was X/1999 manga ever finished? I loved the anime back in the day so I was going to read the manga but it wasn't finished then.

O-N-E

GoH episode 1 - Hype OP / Music / animation. Hopefully they can keep it up for the full season. I heard it's a pretty typical shounen type of story though.

Deca-Dence episode 1 - Not sure what to think of it yet. A couple of well-animated action sequences, but it hasn't really captured me with this first ep. Not sure I'm sold on the world-building.

All of the sudden, there's too much anime to watch. Re:Zero, Oregairu, GoH, Japan Sinks, some other new shows potentially. I usually stick to two at max per season.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
tenor.png

I hate em!

I think this was the worse OP of the decade

Followed by any screamo/rap OP

You already read these?

• Soil
  • Yokai Hunter
  • Dai Dark
  • Franken Fran
  • The Voynich Hotel
  • Anemone

None of them, thanks for the recommendations. I only started getting into manga at the end of last year so I have a lot to get through. Mostly buying physical of the ones I really want and mangadex for the rest.

So far I'm in Vagabond, 20th Century Boys, Monster, Dead Dead Demon's DeDeDeDe Destruction, Akira, Goodnight Punpun, Junji Ito's releases and a bunch of Inio Asano's one-offs and shorts.

Last edited:

O-N-E

ToG, Demon Slayer, and Attack on Titan also hype. All within the last few years. You guys can be wrong, it's ok.

Bleach OP1 and Haruka Kanata are classics, though.

Last edited:
Just watched Babylon. Great anime, but man did they completely ruin it with the last two episodes. I had to correct my rating from 9/10 down to 7/10 because of this. Probably takes new #1 worst endings place for me.

Before that I watched through Psycho-Pass 3. Not as good as the previous seasons, though the final movie saves it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
None of them, thanks for the recommendations. I only started getting into manga at the end of last year so I have a lot to get through. Mostly buying physical of the ones I really want and mangadex for the rest.

So far I'm in Vagabond, 20th Century Boys, Monster, Dead Dead Demon's DeDeDeDe Destruction, Akira, Goodnight Punpun, Junji Ito's releases and a bunch of Inio Asano's one-offs and shorts.
Not horror, but give these a try as well.

• Kumika no Mikaku
  • Heterogeneous Linguistics
  • Hinamatsuri
  • Hakoiri Drops
  • Dungeon Meshi
  • Hoshi Mamoru Inu (cause of punpun)
  • Nicola no Oyururi Makai Kikou

O-N-E

Hmm... Naruto needs the DBZ Kai treatment. Any time I get even the slightest thought of rewatching some of it, I shut down the idea right away because of how painful it would be to sit through all the unnecessary recapping, exposition, drawn-out camera pans, etc.

Cut out the fat, improve some cuts and put it out.

brap

Banned
Hmm... Naruto needs the DBZ Kai treatment. Any time I get even the slightest thought of rewatching some of it, I shut down the idea right away because of how painful it would be to sit through all the unnecessary recapping, exposition, drawn-out camera pans, etc.

Cut out the fat, improve some cuts and put it out.
There's already 2 different edits like that

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I only read the manga. :)

Also I hope the anime never gets made.

I read the web novel. Read the light novel, its the best thing ever. They took every isekai/harem/fantasy trope and deconstructed it, even the imouto trope was not left alone. Sadly its on hiatus.
I hope the anime looks different from the trailer, after all the criticisms.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Are there any light novels on par with the best of novels from the West? I read a couple pages of fan-translated stuff from popular series, but it felt awkward / unnatural.

Top Bottom