• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.3%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 38.1%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

gHeromn.jpg

It seems we don't have a thread for this and since JoJo is back I figured anime is saved. /s

https://animeuknews.net/2018/06/joj...-aureo-anime-adaptation-officially-announced/
http://anichart.net/Summer-2018

(However if we already have one pls delete this mods)

Fall 2018 Anime Picks
WIP FUCK IT IM LAZY If you want to add something please post ^^
Toaru Majutsu no Index III

What is this? LN based anime where powers are a thing because science even though it borders on magic/religion. These nerds are called espers and unlike railgun this mostly follows shonen like hero Toma and loli nun whose mostly known for his unisex take on justice and punching indiscriminately because equalism. Totally not OP yet rated zero his power is nullifying magic in a world full of it but it cancels out because he has zero magic of his own and luck ok? Right. Of course in set world nations try to exploit these espers and have institutions based around the world because power struggles. Index III is set 8 years after Index II like holy fuck man wh... I mean Index II takes place after the Ooga Booga Arc. What you don't know what that is? Well you have time to watch the previous two seasons then right?

Is this for me? You like ham fisted speeches, action, science fiction themes and magic but want violence to go with that? Somewhat likable characters set in a unique world even when there are 10,000 other animes with a similar premise however this is taken globally with actual stakes on the line rather than school battle shonen shit? Random comedy from time to time?

Goblin Slayer

Synopsis - A young priestess has formed her first adventuring party, but almost immediately they find themselves in distress. It's the Goblin Slayer who comes to their rescue—a man who's dedicated his life to the extermination of all goblins, by any means necessary. And when rumors of his feats begin to circulate, there's no telling who might come calling next...

Is it for me? Standard Isekai harem fodder. Did you enjoy Re:Zero? Want something lighter and without Emilia? Sex? Oh wait censorship. You'll like this.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Synopsis - Lonely thirty-seven-year-old Satoru Mikami is stuck in a dead-end job, unhappy with his mundane life, but after dying at the hands of a robber, he awakens to a fresh start in a fantasy realm...as a slime monster! As he acclimates to his goopy new existence, his exploits with the other monsters set off a chain of events that will change his new world forever!

Why even watch this? Like Goblin Slayer this is another Isekai difference being it takes a different approach to things. Namely even with its bubbly atmosphere it is far more mature in world building and it features a fully grown man reincarnated as a slime. Closest we have gotten to a well put together Isekai made into anime until we get Kumo desu ga, Nani ka? animated IMHO.

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season

Synopsis - In Hokkaido, the far northern lands of Japan, Sugimoto survived the Russo-Japanese war of the Meiji era. Nicknamed "Invincible Sugimoto" during the war, he now seeks the riches promised by the gold rush in hopes of saving the widowed wife of his now deceased comrade from the war. During his hunt for gold, he finds hints of a hidden stash of gold by corrupt criminals. Partnering with an Ainu girl that saves his life from the harsh climates of the north, they venture into a survival adventure in a race against the criminals that seek the hidden stash.

Sell me this! Psychopaths. Extremely likable psychopaths and tough as hell characters set in the Meiji era. Too bad the budget is Kemono.

Fall 2020 Anime Picks

820aceb2d9a8489b70f5ed51284a108a.png

Majo no Tabitabi

Synopsis: Inspired by her favorite book, Elaina ventures out to see the world she's read so much about. Like a leaf on the wind, she travels from one country to another, looking to sate her inquisitiveness and searching for new experiences. She's confronted by humanity in all its forms, whether strange, bizarre, or emotional. Exploration and curiosity drive her journey. Where to next, Elaina?

What is it? Moe show in where a witch goes on adventures. Where only happy things happen. Totally.

Is it good? Sure, it is the best thing airing this season.

de88c7e0de43c6ce098d7afab73fc7ed.png

Maoujou de Oyasumi

Synopsis: Sshhh! Princess Syalis is trying to get a good night's sleep. Some shut-eye. Forty winks. Catch some Z's. Long ago in olden times when people and demons lived together in—well, disharmony, really—a demon king kidnaps a human princess and imprisons her in his castle. Bereft, the princess's subjects beat their chests in anguish…until a hero arises to spearhead Project Rescue Our Princess! While waiting for her knight in shining armor, what's an imprisoned princess to do...? Teddy-bear guards with bat wings are all very well, but her dungeon cell is bo-o-o-ring! So, she decides to wile away the long hours by sleeping. Now if only she could get comfortable…and didn't suffer from insomnia...

What is it? A sadistic slothful princess that is trapped in a castle full of demons. Comedy series.

Is it good? The manga is decent and the anime was made by Doga Kobo. This at worst will be better than Kaguya lol.

(link removed cause of number of neogaf's limit on media embeds per post)

4e3733c87bfa56425b16de6237fe2711.jpg

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka III

Synopsis : Since ancient times, humans and monsters have waged bitter war against one another in the bowels of the treacherous dungeon beneath Orario. Enmity between these races is an accepted and immutable fact — or at least it was until Bell Cranel stumbled across a young, blue-skinned girl in the dungeon’s dark depths. When this inhuman young woman speaks to him in the language of human beings and looks at him with all-too-human eyes, the land of Orario erupts into turmoil the likes of which it has never seen.

What is it? Run of the mill shonen with harem elements. This is the THIRD season. Yeah!

Is it good? Eh, beats watching Hulu originals! I enjoyed the first part of this series far more than the later but it still isn't completely terrible.

ccf9d51248ca1f204e32f4ac38697575.jpg

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? BLOOM

Synopsis : Cocoa’s second summer in the woodwork town is about to come to an end, and an event-filled autumn is nigh. At school, and at the Rabbit House too, there’s lots of fun to be had every day! Cocoa, Chino, and the rest are all so excited about their future!

What is it? Another anime that is getting a season 3. I mean cute girls doing cute things.

Is it good? Only if you enjoy slice of life and girls that work in a fucking coffee shop.

^
Everything airing rn/SOON

Winter 2021 Anime Picks

*Still have to add recommendations for people getting into the medium* 10/4/20

Qh48eFJ.png

Recommendations (WIP) No real spoilers edition.

Manga

Fantasy

Sousou no Frieren
229657l.jpg

Synopsis : Frieren is a member of the hero's party that defeated the demon king. Both a magician and an elf, those are the things that separates her from the other members. Being able to live longer than others, her feelings are...

Frieren's somber journey...er the themes this manga deals with are what all men will eventually have to deal with one day. Time is a harsh mistress but lamenting over it will make you miss out on what you can still do in the present. Passable art, great dialogue and character interactions. All around great read.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
OP updated Summer chart added. Don't see anything I'd like this season.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Latest chapter of My Hero Academia was excellent. Can't wait to see next week. Sad to see that Robo x Lazerbeam has been cancelled. We haven't had a good Golf-focused series in a long while and it was pretty dang great.

As for the anime season, Hataraku Saibou looks interesting, but outside of that I will probably just be watching leftovers like MHA Season 3. Nothing really stands out to me this season.

What I have been getting into is Goblin Slayer and Dungeon Meshi. Both are fantastic series that I can't wait to get back into, once new chapters release.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah Dungeon Meshi is great I think I'm behind on that after the elf showed up. Currently reading Meikyuu Black Company it has alot of Konosuba vibes but it has an "edge".

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how it got an anime considering all the different games it covers.

Just a short segment of Pop Team Epic that was released recently. Sorry no subs.

I did not expect to see this character or the resemblance thereof.

Candy or whip.

Typhares

After finishing reading it I decided to also watch the anime of Mob Psycho 100. It's almost as great as the manga (I am usually biased towards paper versions when available). Will definitely watch season 2 when it comes out.

klosos

Guys quick question , i don't really watch anime and have only watched 5-10 in my life ( ninja Scroll , Vampire hunter D so on ) from like the 90's . However there was one film/show i watched but i cant remember what it was called , it came on British TV channel 4 late night in the early to mid 90's.

it was 3 stories in one , 90 minutes -2 hours the whole thing .

The first story was a trucker with a mohawk he might have had a mechanical arm as well ( its really foggy ) he ended up fighting a robot on top of a building if i can remember right !!
the second story was a guy all in white with a pure white haircut his hair could of been in Def Leppard , i believe in had a fight with a vampire
the third story was a guy in all black but i cant remember much about that to be honest

So does any one know the name of the program/ film am talking about ?

If this inst the place to ask this i do apologize.

Last edited:

Typhares

Guys quick question , i don't really watch anime and have only watched 5-10 in my life ( ninja Scroll , Vampire hunter D so on ) from like the 90's . However there was one film/show i watched but i cant remember what it was called , it came on British TV channel 4 late night in the early to mid 90's.

it was 3 stories in one , 90 minutes -2 hours the whole thing .

The first story was a trucker with a mohawk he might have had a mechanical arm as well ( its really foggy ) he ended up fighting a robot on top of a building if i can remember right !!
the second story was a guy all in white with a pure white haircut his hair could of been in Def Leppard , i believe in had a fight with a vampire
the third story was a guy in all black but i cant remember much about that to be honest

So does any one know the name of the program/ film am talking about ?

If this inst the place to ask this i do apologize.

Never heard of this but after a bit of googling I would assume you mean this: Wiki link Cyber City Oedo 808

Last edited:

Typhares

Oh shit thanks mate , that's much appreciated i totally forgot about it till i started reading this thread.

i just checked you tube all 3 episodes are on there , ill watch them after work. Thanks again mate much appreciated

They're on youtube? Might give them a go it actually seems like a pretty good serie!

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Started reading the Berserk manga a few months back and I have to say that this has got to be the most insane shit I have ever read. Miura really went all in, did he? I would have never believed it to be possible to have such violence, grotesque scenes, explicit sexual content and humor packed in such an enthralling storyline which such great characters. I am at Berserk max 10 at the moment and had to slow myself down in order to not breeze through too fast. I want to enjoy it, so I only buy one magazine per 2 weeks. If you'd ask me what was the best part of the series, I could not say it. It has all been insanely good so far.

I have not seen the anime yet and am not planning to before I finish with the mangas that are available so far but I cannot believe that the anime can do this manga justice. I have a hard time believing they would dare to put this level of violence and sexual content in an anime.

Aside from that I also started reading the Attack on Titan manga and boy am I pleasantly surprised. Loved the first season (anime) of the series but then dropped it after the weak season 2. Thought I'd give the series another chance with the manga and holy fuck is this series firing on all cylinders after the arc that season 2 of the anime covered. God damn.

Also started watching One Piece (yes, first time from the very beginning) and just went into the Buggy Arc. Not sure what to think about it yet. Not bad so far but not particularly good either. Not that I'm surprised though. It was the same for Dragonball. How long does it take until the series really takes off in terms of story?

Last edited:
I read vol 1 of the manga (and soon to be anime) Yuuna and The Haunted Hot Springs.

I liked it, it's a simple fanservice comedy and obviously derivative of other things, namely a blend of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, a monster girl series and a little Love Hina thrown in with the setting for good measure.

But it's entertaining and actually laugh out loud funny at times, plus there's... well..... ya know, some pleasingly sexy content (including topless nudity complete with nipples)

Dunki

So question. Does anyone know when we will be able to see the new Grappler Baki? According to Anichart Episode was aired 2 days ago but I can not find anything at all about it. I know that we wont be able to see it till fall because of western Netflix but I also have not seen any reactions at all for it.

Typhares

Started reading the Berserk manga a few months back and I have to say that this has got to be the most insane shit I have ever read. Miura really went all in, did he? I would have never believed it to be possible to have such violence, grotesque scenes, explicit sexual content and humor packed in such an enthralling storyline which such great characters. I am at Berserk max 10 at the moment and had to slow myself down in order to not breeze through too fast. I want to enjoy it, so I only buy one magazine per 2 weeks. If you'd ask me what was the best part of the series, I could not say it. It has all been insanely good so far.

I have not seen the anime yet and am not planning to before I finish with the mangas that are available so far but I cannot believe that the anime can do this manga justice. I have a hard time believing they would dare to put this level of violence and sexual content in an anime.

Aside from that I also started reading the Attack on Titan manga and boy am I pleasantly surprised. Loved the first season (anime) of the series but then dropped it after the weak season 2. Thought I'd give the series another chance with the manga and holy fuck is this series firing on all cylinders after the arc that season 2 of the anime covered. God damn.

Also started watching One Piece (yes, first time from the very beginning) and just went into the Buggy Arc. Not sure what to think about it yet. Not bad so far but not particularly good either. Not that I'm surprised though. It was the same for Dragonball. How long does it take until the series really takes off in terms of story?

Ooooh boy, enjoy the ride that is berserk! And then you will be welcome in the club to wait forever for new chapters! I started reading this like 15 years ago and it haunts me that I might never see the end.
The old anime that covers the golden age arc is amazing, give it a go. If you're already past that in the manga you can start right now.
The new anime I didn't even bother with, the art direction just isn't my thing.
Where about are you in the story?

AoT I enjoyed immensely at first but I dunno at times I felt it was dragging too much and I lost interest. I still catch up on the manga once in a while.

One piece might not be for you but I would say if after Arlong Park it still hasn't clicked you should drop it. You could push it to alabasta arc but that is still 24 volumes to read which is a lot to ask if you're not having fun.
To be fair I cannot binge read One Piece, I need a break every once in a while.

Dunki

One piece gets really good after Loguetown on the grand line and the begining of Alabasta. If you do not like it then you prob never will^^

Typhares

So question. Does anyone know when we will be able to see the new Grappler Baki? According to Anichart Episode was aired 2 days ago but I can not find anything at all about it. I know that we wont be able to see it till fall because of western Netflix but I also have not seen any reactions at all for it.

I didn't know about this manga, holy shit 142 volumes out! It's another long running serie like Hajime no Ippo. Is it worth the time to read?
Also sorry no answer to your question :p

Last edited:

Dunki

I didn't know about this manga, holy shit 142 volumes out! It's another long running serie like Hajime no Ippo. Is it worth the time to read?
Also sorry no answer to your question :p
I think it is if you like more crazy people. Also the drawing is pretty special with a lot of detail into muscles. The Prison arc for example also features Obama XD. Baki has Arcs are separated in different Manga.. I think in 2018 they finished another one containing like 38 Volumes and the next one was already announced. If you like Anime you should watch the first Anime Grappler Baki to get a taste of what this Series is about

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Ooooh boy, enjoy the ride that is berserk! And then you will be welcome in the club to wait forever for new chapters! I started reading this like 15 years ago and it haunts me that I might never see the end.
The old anime that covers the golden age arc is amazing, give it a go. If you're already past that in the manga you can start right now.
The new anime I didn't even bother with, the art direction just isn't my thing.
Where about are you in the story?
I'm at the part with Mozgus, the fanatic priest. Holy shit it's sooo good. At this point I'm as far to say that this is best story I have read in my life. With 32 years I thought I've seen it all. Boy, was I wrong.
AoT I enjoyed immensely at first but I dunno at times I felt it was dragging too much and I lost interest. I still catch up on the manga once in a while.
Yeah, it was really dragging along during the events of the season 2 anime. But it really picks up after it. Hope it stay this good now.

One piece might not be for you but I would say if after Arlong Park it still hasn't clicked you should drop it. You could push it to alabasta arc but that is still 24 volumes to read which is a lot to ask if you're not having fun.
To be fair I cannot binge read One Piece, I need a break every once in a while.
Not actually reading One Piece but watching the anime here. I only watched a handful of episodes so far, so it's way to early to say if it's for me or not. I just wanted to ask because the series is so huge after all and so far I haven't seen anything that justifies this. But I figured it'll pick up later. Question was only when.

Last edited:

Dunki

I'm at the part with Mozgus, the fanatic priest. Holy shit it's sooo good. At this point I'm as far to say that this is best story I have read in my life. With 32 years I thought I've seen it all. Boy, was I wrong.

Yeah, it was really dragging along during the events of the season 2 anime. But it really picks up after it. Hope it stay this good now.

Not actually reading One Piece but watching the anime here. I only watched a handful of episodes so far, so it's way to early to say if it's for me or not. I just wanted to ask because the series is so huge after all and so far I haven't seen anything that justifies this. But I figured it'll pick up later. Question was only when.
Anime takes a it but I also would look for a filler guide to avoid these. They are normally pretty ok or even good but since OP is so long I would never watch Filler. did the same with Detective Conan and it was a so much better experience^^

Typhares

OP in anime format? Oof I don't think I could ever do that or find the time. That's just me though as I mentioned before I always read if given the option.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I read vol 1 of the manga (and soon to be anime) Yuuna and The Haunted Hot Springs.

I liked it, it's a simple fanservice comedy and obviously derivative of other things, namely a blend of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, a monster girl series and a little Love Hina thrown in with the setting for good measure.

But it's entertaining and actually laugh out loud funny at times, plus there's... well..... ya know, some pleasingly sexy content (including topless nudity complete with nipples)
Its dumb af "oops I landed on your face noooo" but it gets better...6 volumes later.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Anime takes a it but I also would look for a filler guide to avoid these. They are normally pretty ok or even good but since OP is so long I would never watch Filler. did the same with Detective Conan and it was a so much better experience^^
Ah, I always watch one episode in the morning during breakfast. I'm not in a rush to finish it soon or at all. For all I care it could go on forever if it's good and the characters are likeable.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So... what are y'all's thoughts on "Echo Zero"? Mashima's (Fairy Tail/Rave Master) new series? I literally cannot tell at this point if it is a futuristic continuation of Fairy Tail or a new series entirely. I love his art style, but man that was some really meh work.

Fbh

So... what are y'all's thoughts on "Echo Zero"? Mashima's (Fairy Tail/Rave Master) new series? I literally cannot tell at this point if it is a futuristic continuation of Fairy Tail or a new series entirely. I love his art style, but man that was some really meh work.

A character that looks the same as Natsu meets a character that looks the same as Lucy who is travelling around with Happy. And then they go on about friendship for 70 pages.
Why even finish Fairy Tail if he is then going to basically just make more Fairy Tail?

I like his Art and he is really efficient (hardly takes breaks, often has like double chapters or special chapters on top of the regular one)....but Mashima has this very specific template for a story and seems completely unable to write/draw anything else.

I enjoyed the first few years of Fairy Tail but grew increasingly uninterested in it over the years. I think I'll just skip this one

Last edited:

kischine

Started reading the Berserk manga
Greatest of all time. You're on the Tower of Conviction arc, the 97 anime only details the Golden Age, but they cut some parts
there's no Skull Knight and it ends right at the eclipse climax
so no need to watch it unless you really want to watch it animated, but then again the animation is really poor, even for it's time, cause the studio wasn't that big. Overall is a good anime, but not really worth watching it if you already read the manga. The movies are from the Golden Age again, but with a better animation (although a lot of CGI) and A LOT of cut content (no bonfire of dreams). However the 3rd movie, to me, is the best adaptation of the end of the Golden Age, that whole movie is better than the Wyald mini-arc from the mangas in my humble opinion (you could watch just the third movie). The 2016 and 2017 YOU COMPLETELY AVOID, they're an insult to the series, it's entirely made from a horrible CGI, worst than a PSX game, no joke. The 2016 tells the Tower of Conviction arc, and 2017 the Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc (aka Millennium Falcon arc). The current arc on the manga is called Fantasia, and it's right after the Millennium Falcon.

One Piece anime is kinda bad, especially on the beginning, it's starts to git gud in Arlong Park, and it becomes a masterpiece on the grand line. The manga is really good though, right from the start.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Greatest of all time. You're on the Tower of Conviction arc, the 97 anime only details the Golden Age, but they cut some parts
there's no Skull Knight and it ends right at the eclipse climax
so no need to watch it unless you really want to watch it animated, but then again the animation is really poor, even for it's time, cause the studio wasn't that big. Overall is a good anime, but not really worth watching it if you already read the manga. The movies are from the Golden Age again, but with a better animation (although a lot of CGI) and A LOT of cut content (no bonfire of dreams). However the 3rd movie, to me, is the best adaptation of the end of the Golden Age, that whole movie is better than the Wyald mini-arc from the mangas in my humble opinion (you could watch just the third movie). The 2016 and 2017 YOU COMPLETELY AVOID, they're an insult to the series, it's entirely made from a horrible CGI, worst than a PSX game, no joke. The 2016 tells the Tower of Conviction arc, and 2017 the Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc (aka Millennium Falcon arc). The current arc on the manga is called Fantasia, and it's right after the Millennium Falcon.
Thanks for the tips. I may check out the movies but I really want to finish the manga first as I have never seen any anime and therefore have my own voices of the characters. Seeing just one anime would destroy this for me.

One Piece anime is kinda bad, especially on the beginning, it's starts to git gud in Arlong Park, and it becomes a masterpiece on the grand line. The manga is really good though, right from the start.
Thanks! Man, can't wait then. And yeah, after just coming into anime/mange this year I really want to limit myself a bit. I already feel a bit overwhelmed between binging Berserk/Attack on Titan as manga and Dragonball/One Piece as anime. Hard to keep track of everything. Can't believe what I have missed out. This stuff is so much better and more thrilling than the US TV series I watched in the past couple of years. Loving the shit out of it. Will probably dvelve into Detective Conan manga after I've finished the available AoT manga because there ain't that many here. Can't wait.

Dunki

Thanks for the tips. I may check out the movies but I really want to finish the manga first as I have never seen any anime and therefore have my own voices of the characters. Seeing just one anime would destroy this for me.

Thanks! Man, can't wait then. And yeah, after just coming into anime/mange this year I really want to limit myself a bit. I already feel a bit overwhelmed between binging Berserk/Attack on Titan as manga and Dragonball/One Piece as anime. Hard to keep track of everything. Can't believe what I have missed out. This stuff is so much better and more thrilling than the US TV series I watched in the past couple of years. Loving the shit out of it. Will probably dvelve into Detective Conan manga after I've finished the available AoT manga because there ain't that many here. Can't wait.
If you are interested there are also fantastic Sport Animes out there like Major, Yowamushi Pedal, Hajime no Ippo and so on. but yeah just enjoy the ride in terms of shounen Animes there are TONS of them stuff like Hunter X hunter for example or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and so on. But yeah Anime at first feels overwhelming because there is so much people want you to watch/read XD

kischine

Well, watch this scene from the 97 anime and see if you like it in english dub, if I'm not mistaken the movies are the same voice actors, and it's really good! I watched it subbed, but the english dub is probably better in my opinion (and I'm not even a native english speaker).
This is a scene from the second movie in english dub but it has some spoilers from the Golden Age, in case other people watch it.
And this is a nice teaser of the third movie.

Well, if you like Berserk I would recommend Vagabond from Takehiko Inoue, it's a manga about the (real) famous samurai Miyamoto Musashi, there's no anime adaptation of it. Another manga from Takehiko Inoue that I really love is Slam Dunk, it's about basketball, but the characters, relationships and story are 10/10. And the last anime that I really liked was Psycho-Pass, would recommend you watch it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I finished 'The Disastrous Life of Saiki K' last week and started it over. I'm already to Ep.10 again.

I think it's pretty funny. I don't watch a lot of full anime series nowadays but I do sample the first episode if I see it on Netflix or on Prime. I usually don't make it more than 1 episode in before giving up, but this one held my attention all the way through.

Dragon Ball Super Movie (December 2018 release in Japan)

They look so young in this,
I'm assuming it's because of the habit of the animator,
but if someone told me the story is happening before Cell or Buu, I may have believed it.

Sakura

Nothing I'm really looking forward to next season. I will watch Overlord I guess.
Overall, looking forward to Index S3 and YU-NO (those are this year right?). Currently playing YU-NO in preparation.
I really liked Hinamatsuri so I decided to read the manga, but man the
timeskip
was disappointing.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
A character that looks the same as Natsu meets a character that looks the same as Lucy who is travelling around with Happy. And then they go on about friendship for 70 pages.
Why even finish Fairy Tail if he is then going to basically just make more Fairy Tail?

I like his Art and he is really efficient (hardly takes breaks, often has like double chapters or special chapters on top of the regular one)....but Mashima has this very specific template for a story and seems completely unable to write/draw anything else.

I enjoyed the first few years of Fairy Tail but grew increasingly uninterested in it over the years. I think I'll just skip this one
Rave Master was ok for its target demographic but I always thought FT was so bland with fanservice being its selling point.

Dunki

Dragon Ball Super Movie (December 2018 release in Japan)

They look so young in this,
I'm assuming it's because of the habit of the animator,
but if someone told me the story is happening before Cell or Buu, I may have believed it.
I really want to see the "endboss" but I also hope it is good because I thought Super was fantastic and they did hold it of because f the Movie...

I feel like last few seasons have been really dissapointing. I used to watch several shows each season now it's hard to find 1-2.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
If he doesn't get run over at least 10 times the anime failed.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yoko Shimomura as the composer? Interesting. Love her work, but the anime seems... meh. Not a huge fan of the CG used. However, as long as it isn't as noticeably bad as Berserk was and the story is strong, I may be able to get over that hurdle.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen is the best newish manga I've read this month. And it's an isekai!

Description: Urano, a bookworm who had finally found a job as a librarian at a university, was sadly killed shortly after graduating from college. She was reborn as the daughter of a soldier in a world where the literacy rate is low and books were scarce. No matter how much she wanted to read, there were no books around. What is a bookworm to do without any books? Make them, of course. Her goal is to become a librarian! So that she may once again live surrounded by books, she must start by making them herself.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
so JimmyRustler JimmyRustler How is your Anime going? ^^
Just got into the Captain Black arc of OP. Still not digging it completely but I'll keep at it for another while.

Started reading the manga as well btw. I'm a bit confused as to why the anime OP, unlike the manga, does not start with kid Ruffy but instead you get his background by bits and pieces through flashbacks. I hate this.

Dunki

Just got into the Captain Black arc of OP. Still not digging it completely but I'll keep at it for another while.

Started reading the manga as well btw. I'm a bit confused as to why the anime OP, unlike the manga, does not start with kid Ruffy but instead you get his background by bits and pieces through flashbacks. I hate this.
Captain Kuro was still meh IMO. It starts to get good with Arlong and gets really great with the start into the grand line. Just endure it for the meantime. I almost missed a great Anime called Hitman reborn because the first 25 psodes were probably the worst Anime I have ever seen but after that it got really good.

Top Bottom