• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct Nov. 2, Miitopia featured in JP stream (no mobile/Switch)

Ultimadrago

Characters like Isabelle or Nook can't move in, but the Amiibo cards and non AC amiibos allow for specific villagers to move in. Medli finished unpacking in my town today.

Thanks for the quick response.

A. If your town if full, can you choose who goes?

B. Is it always a guarantee that they will offer to move-in or that you may ask them?

sonto340

B. Is it always a guarantee that they will offer to move-in or that you may ask them?
Not sure about A but for B when you go in their RV one of the dialog options is for them to move into your town as long as they aren't a special npc like Isabelle or nook.

Labrys

A. Yes, and they take the plot of that villager

B. If it's a special event/holiday they won't

Does anyone here know if you can get campers from other people's towns to move to yours? I want to get some of the Zelda villagers, but my Amiibo all seem to have disappeared at some point (and I would've only been able to get Wolf Link that way regardless)

MicH

Does anyone here know if you can get campers from other people's towns to move to yours? I want to get some of the Zelda villagers, but my Amiibo all seem to have disappeared at some point (and I would've only been able to get Wolf Link that way regardless)
Since you can't recruit villagers from tents/igloos in other towns I'd assume the same is true for the RV villagers in other towns. Don't know for sure though

So, it's not the normal Genie's Lamp that summons Wisp, correct? I have to find him randomly somewhere in town? :S

Yeah, it's a new item. A day after you update, you start getting text from Wisp telling you to go find him. You just kind of have to wander around until you find him. It seemed random to me, he eventually just popped out of nowhere.

kramer

Villagers from AC cards invited to your town don't necessarily take the same spot as the villager you are removing. Clearly sometimes they will, but the one I invited in did not - thankfully, as the villager I was getting rid of was right in front of one of my bridges.

R0ckman

So looks like the cards are selling out again online? Luckily at my town people are done with Wii and amiibo and I'm assuming most have no interest in a 3 year old game. So I was able to get a couple of packs from series 4 and have about half of them now.

Are villager traders freaking out now that this is a thing?

BooJoh

Just a little extra note: You can invite an amiibo villager to move in the day after inviting another even though the previous day's won't be moved in fully yet.

Forkball

So looks like the cards are selling out again online? Luckily at my town people are done with Wii and amiibo and I'm assuming most have no interest in a 3 year old game. So I was able to get a couple of packs from series 4 and have about half of them now.

Are villager traders freaking out now that this is a thing?

I caved and bought some cards too. I hope these things are compatible with the Switch AC game.

... They won't be.

I'd come back if I could transfer my digital version's save to the new Japanese Amiibo+ cart. (I play a Japanese version).

No news anywhere as to whether that's possible..

Ultimadrago

I caved and bought some cards too. I hope these things are compatible with the Switch AC game.

... They won't be.

This exactly are my thoughts. *sigh* What a shameful weekend. If only I thought to try buying them (Desired cards one-by-one via Ebay) around the time of the Home Designer joke game. But Noooo.

BooJoh

WVW69jyJxcMrTqqhTK

So I'm not entirely sure but I think this is a new feature? At least I don't remember it being this way before. You can shake trees with your net equipped.

pringles

So the update is great, but damn why couldn't they make the public works easier to unlock? Should be some way of getting them that isn't locked behind pure random chance.

Top Bottom