• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe - Top 10 WORST Games of 2020

Pachi72

The last of us part 2?

Esta bien pendejo Joe.

TLOU 2 Is a Great game....

This youtuber, his analysis has declined a lot, he allows himself to be manipulated by the opinion of the people.
Yeah great game but it got a huge backlash when it launched.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Joe is his real name? Also the other Joe? Never heard of any Hispanics named Joe and his channel has two of them?

It's pretty common for immigrant families to take on more common names or nicknames.

Looks like almost 16% of people named Joe in the US are Hispanic. Given that Hispanic population in the US is also right around 16% of the total population, it's almost as common for a Hispanic man to be named Joe as a Caucasian man.

His actual name however is Jose Antonio Vargas but he goes by the nickname Joe (pretty common) and Joe Lopez is "Other Joe"

Anyone know if Joe is his real name? Also the other Joe? Never heard of any Hispanics named Joe and his channel has two of them?

Idk, I saw his review. He was definitely extremely disappointed in it. I loved it but I can deal with his opinion. It's my second fave game of the year behind Ghost of Tshushima. I really don't think he is doing it to troll. He hated it big time.
Are you joking? His name is Joe Vargas, I found that out by googling it, and it was super easy.

Angry Fat joe barely played the game. Who the hell watches others play it and goes to the bathroom during important moments and then claim it's plotholes? The dude is a moron
Thank you. He got out of the room.a lot of times, specially.when a character was being killed. How the fuck do you review a game like that? He didn't even gave it a chance.

Ribi

Honestly that LOU2 comparison is actually very accurate and yea.. considering I'm still upset by GOT I get it. No complaint

zkorejo

Can't say I disagree with him. Idk about the worst game.. but definitely the most disappointing game for a long time ND fan like me. I regretted the purchase. I wish the devs had gone with Abby's story separately making this a new entry in the same universe.

I didn't mind Abby. I just didn't like the fact that they put her over at the expense of Joel and Ellie. It felt like MGS2 situation where you think you will play the game as Snake but he's replaced by Raiden very early on. In this case it was it was more like killing the personalities of our beloved characters (for whom we bought the game) only to make Abby look better.

They should have just made a game about Abby and her friends with maybe a cameo from Ellie/Joel.

Last edited:
am i to believe that he thinks Hyperscape is a better game than Avengers.

Avengers has a good campaign. Great character combat/skills/abilities for each hero. Decent DLC with the new hawkeye chick. Everything else is kinda a mess tho. lots of spongey robot punching in underground labs

It seems Joe's opinions are triggering a lot of people here. I think it's refreshing to see an honest opinion about the game rather than the phony GOTY awards the game got because "bigots" and "we have to protect LGBT games".
Yeah the hundreds upon hundreds of reviews and awards the game won are phony but Joe who barely even played the game himself is “honest” lol

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Yeah the hundreds upon hundreds of reviews and awards the game won are phony but Joe who barely even played the game himself is “honest” lol

You have some factual errors. TLOU2 didn't get hundreds and hundreds of GOTY awards, while Joe played the full game, which is more time than many game reviewers spend playing a game before giving a review.

The game started this controversy due to its lack of quality in its writing, and the woke media circled the wagons and began to call it GOTY because it's an LGBT game. It has a nonsensical story, terrible characters that can't even exist in the context of that world, but it's an LGBT game with high production values, so it has be given all the plaudits and awards possible.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You have some factual errors. TLOU2 didn't get hundreds and hundreds of GOTY awards, while Joe played the full game, which is more time than many game reviewers spend playing a game before giving a review.

Joe didn't play the full game.

He took turns playing the game with two of his friends. While they were playing, he was either watching his friends play, on the phone, talking to the chat or away.

I would say he probably played 40%-50% of the game. Other times he was not.

oLbTrQJ.png

OuLmJlc.png

PBJRHSU.png

The game started this controversy due to its lack of quality in its writing, and the woke media circled the wagons and began to call it GOTY because it's an LGBT game. It has a nonsensical story, terrible characters that can't even exist in the context of that world, but it's an LGBT game with high production values, so it has be given all the plaudits and awards possible.

This is like saying people hate the game because they're homophobic. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I can't believe people actually believe this stuff.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

It seems Joe's opinions are triggering a lot of people here. I think it's refreshing to see an honest opinion about the game rather than the phony GOTY awards the game got because "bigots" and "we have to protect LGBT games".
but is it honest ? just read metacritic user reviews and you don't even have to watch joe reviews as it will be the same

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Joe didn't play the full game.

He took turns playing the game with two of his friends. While they were playing, he was either watching his friends play, on the phone, talking to the chat or away.

I would say he probably played 40%-50% of the game. Other times he was not.

oLbTrQJ.png

OuLmJlc.png

PBJRHSU.png

This is like saying people hate the game because they're homophobic. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I can't believe people actually believe this stuff.
I am sure that all of those 10/10 reviews are also full playthrough /s

It has in fact won hundreds and hundreds of goty awards last I saw it was just shy of 300 besides I was also talking about reviews in that comment. On the topic about joe reviewing the game he would walk out of the room and generally mess about while “playing” the game so his opinion means jack all. The quality of its writing is lauded because it’s high quality writing I mean you had Hollywood writers and authors singing it’s praises but nah it’s writing was garbage smh.

Last edited:
joe is perfectly entitled to his opinion but people can have trash tier opinions and be called out for it without resorting to REeeeee. Seems all deflection of calling joe out on his bullshit is mentioned by the triggered reeee defence.

if joe thinks watching someone else play and walk out of the room half the time and crying cos they killed joel upsets him makes him think this game is 2nd WORSE game of 2020. Then he is factually wrong. And its quite obvious, he's just triggered because a character he liked was killed and he didn't like the story. Bad story does not = worst game of the year.

For the record the I don't like the story either, its trash.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It has in fact won hundreds and hundreds of goty awards last I saw it was just shy of 300 besides I was also talking about reviews in that comment. On the topic about joe reviewing the game he would walk out of the room and generally mess about while “playing” the game so his opinion means jack all. The quality of its writing is lauded because it’s high quality writing I mean you had Hollywood writers and authors singing it’s praises but nah it’s writing was garbage smh.

“hundreds” mostly filled with unheard of blogs and random YouTube content creators to artificially bloat the numbers.

If you believe that the negative reviews are all review bombs, you would have to believe the other positive reviews were done the same way.

Hell we already have confirmation that the goty neogaf awards were spammed by the fanboys. So clearly there are folks who would do the same via other sources.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
TLoU2 isn’t that bad, not even close. But that’s Joe’s opinion and that’s as far as I will go in scrutiny of it. The debate is all too tiring now.

Azurro

Banned

An appeal to authority is a stupid argument given how obvious the flaws in the story and characters are, it's not like Hollywood itself doesn't have its own issues creating compelling movies lately. The only reason it gets all the plaudits it's because of it's cast: two lesbians, one trans kid and a woman that was probably written as trans that are replacing a white man. That is considered very brave and due to the backlash, the mainstream publications and online journalists circled the wagons and protected the game against all the "white supremacists attacking LGBT people". The only thing that's missing was to include some conspiracy that involves Russians.

Last edited:
Then he is factually wrong.
Lol. That's not how this works. This is not sports. There are no objective criteria as to what makes one game better than others. It's also subjective and all relative. His opinion is perfectly valid. You can think that is opinion is based on something stupid, but it's silly to say that "he is factually wrong".

Gtafans93

The last of us part 2?

Esta bien pendejo Joe.

This youtuber, his analysis has declined a lot, he allows himself to be manipulated by the opinion of the people.
TBF thats what he's well known for. The amount of times he follows the other negative media without even spewing a decenssy of his own personal views is strange and very common.

Roni

Gold Member
The last of us part 2?

Esta bien pendejo Joe.

He makes money off of YouTube, he needs to be liked or he takes a hit in his paycheck. Not that surprising...

Excess

Angry Joe is cringe af, I don't need to watch the video to realize it's gonna be cringe. Dude's trying to be a chad Jim Sterling but he comes off as just an embarrassment to watch.
He's incredibly unprofessional. The first time I ever saw him was in an interview he did with Major Nelson at 2013 E3. This is when Xbox had their horrible launch of the One. While Xbox deserved every bit of ridicule thrown at them, the way he condescendingly and argumentatively talked down and over Major Nelson was one of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever seen.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Let's look at this.

Every single Player Choice Award, Game of The Year Award and positive review is not acceptable because they were made by woke journalist or they were paid by Sony. But every single negative review is acceptable because they're "honest" reviews. They really think this is even remotely believable.

I think politics have really screwed with people's heads.

He's incredibly unprofessional. The first time I ever saw him was in an interview he did with Major Nelson at 2013 E3. This is when Xbox had their horrible launch of the One. While Xbox deserved every bit of ridicule thrown at them, the way he condescendingly and argumentatively talked down and over Major Nelson was one of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever seen.
This is actually why he quit doing interviews. He admitted he was not very good at them.

Dude what the fuck are you talking about. Lgbt doesn't have anything to do with the awards this game got, we already knew ellie was gay, it's not a new franchise. Joe didn't even play the game, he read the fucking leaks and made up his mind before even buying it. Of course that if you read the leaks you're going to approach the game in a complete different way. Just an example, when a main character is getting killed, he already expected it and instead of watching it and embracing it, he stood up and left the room and came back several minutes later missing a huge part of the game. How can you review something like that? Might as well just be honest and say you don't want to review the game because of the leaks.

Justin9mm

I disagreed so hard with TLOU2 being on the worst list but his top 2 from his Top 10 best games of 2020 were are in my top 3, just not in the same order.

My top 3 2020 are:

1. TLOU2
2. Doom Eternal
3. Ghost of Tsushima

Last edited:
An appeal to authority is a stupid argument given how obvious the flaws in the story and characters are, it's not like Hollywood itself doesn't have its own issues creating compelling movies lately. The only reason it gets all the plaudits it's because of it's cast: two lesbians, one trans kid and a woman that was probably written as trans that are replacing a white man. That is considered very brave and due to the backlash, the mainstream publications and online journalists circled the wagons and protected the game against all the "white supremacists attacking LGBT people". The only thing that's missing was to include some conspiracy that involves Russians.
Yes it’s all a SJW conspiracy smh. I fucking hate what SJW’s and the left have done to the world but tlou part 2 is just a great game that tells a great story with well realized characters with great acting and that’s it there’s nothing more to it than that.

Let's look at this.

Every single Player Choice Award, Game of The Year Award and positive review is not acceptable because they were made by woke journalist or they were paid by Sony. But every single negative review is acceptable because they're "honest" reviews. They really think this is even remotely believable.

Lol well said

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Let's look at this.

You are doing the exact thing, except in reverse order. All those negative reviews? Disingenuous. Al this positive reviews? Honest.

Christ almighty you would think by now you would have some introspection but apparently not.

You are doing the exact thing, except in reverse order. All those negative reviews? Disingenuous. Al this positive reviews? Honest.

Christ almighty you would think by now you would have some introspection but apparently not.
No he wasn’t he was showing how ridiculous the haters are. I mean how did you not get that?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Except you're making up bogus claims again which Is why I muted you in the first place.

You can't even prove it because I never said it. I disagree with people's points about the game because that can be debated, but if someone dislikes the game, then that's their own true feeling.

I said the MC user reviews aren't legit because there's no way people 40k+ people played the game and beat it within a few hours of the game releasing.

So, do you want to back up your statement where I said all negative reviews are disingenuous?

Last edited:
That Avengers influencer hype is embarrassing lol and TLoU 2 was a given.

Of course people would let their feathers get ruffled over someone calling themselves "Angry Joe" because it's apparently very difficult for some gamers to avoid things they may not like or agree with and then hop online to whine about it.

Joe is been a while that's he's shouting too much, i can't handle it. I loved Joe, and he still got it: the part of the review of Cyberpunk2077 that Cdprojekt is invited to take drugs with the bad kids, it's freaking good.

But him shouting it's not very good. I stoped watching him for while just for that, and the years past by and the guy just like to shout as hard as humanily is possible.

Joe, please, relax a little bit. We all know that you're Angry Joe, but like tone that a bit?

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Let's look at this.

I have not stated that reviewers were paid by Sony, that is a ridiculous assertion. However, it is likely that game journalists could be compelled to give the game a great score to keep a good relationship with Sony. It's something similar to how Nintendo games always have very high scores even if the games themselves don't seem to have the quality the score suggests, but I digress. Not saying it happened, but it's conceivable.

It's a bit funny how you don't see how obvious it is that this game all the plaudits that it did because it's an LGBT game. The production value is excellent, but multiple other titles have them as well. The story and characters are a disaster, while other games during the same year at least had stories that weren't offensively bad. TLOU2 had no gameplay innovations to speak of, it's a game primarily driven by its story.

So, given how the game fails at its main objective, what is the reason why it got all the plaudits and praises? Because it's an LGBT game. And why are some people so passionate about defending this obviously flawed game? Because it's an LGBT game.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

The one that strikes me is cyberpunk.
I'm pretty sure I can find you quotes form him that he liked the game, before it was cool to dump on it of course.

He's such a bandwagoner.

Top Bottom