• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe - Top 10 WORST Games of 2020

Griffon

As much as I enjoy his indepth reviews and share his dislike for TLOU2, I knew this video would be shit.

Last edited:

Aion002

Unexpected that it's not on the first place, he really hated TLU2.

While I hated the story and the characters, for me the gameplay and "stages" are amazing so I can't really hate the game.... But for those that got emotionally attached to the story and characters from the first one, it is completely understandable all the hate...

Anyway, other than Cyberpunk (ps4/xone) and Warcraft, everything else is subjective.

Trimesh

Banned
I get that and understand the criticism.

Still think it's ridiculous to say it's the second worst game of the year. Looks like clickbait / catering to the trolls.

I think it's mostly a reaction to all the drooling fucktards that were trying to claim it was the BEST GAME EVER!!!!!.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Dude, just stop.

You're trying to force your opinion and it's not going to work. A game being good\bad quality is subjective. They made a game that millions of people loved and they wanted to make it divisive. It's their third highest game in Sony's history in the US, beating the likes of Uncharted 4, the original TLOU in less than a month. That is a success no matter what attempts you make to spin it. God of War is their second highest game ever and it was $40 for the entire summer, under 20 in December and $25 in the month of January of 2019.

Search God of War on Slickdeals and look at the deals they had for God of War. It was $18 on Gamestop and Amazon in December in the US, which is a bigger region than just the UK.

For the last time, I'm done. You guys love to argue without doing any research whatsoever.
Sony wanted to make it divisive? Lmao yes because the universal acclaim from their users for The Last of Us was just too boring. They say around and thought, ‘what can we do to divide our fan base?’

You’re absolutely right that a game being good or bad is subjective, which makes the pile on in this thread from fanboys even funnier.

MayauMiao

He's so getting roasted on a site starting with REEE for Nr.2 lol

As if Joe is afraid REEEs will affect his channel.

x94cTYe.jpg

Great Hair

Banned
This is mostly likely the laziest Youtuber out there. 2 clips per week done by the other two (research, edit). For someone who does this for like 14 years, he should at least have improved his editing skills.

tx8jjNt.png

Last edited:

SinDelta

Still can't believe Warcraft 3 Reforged ever got released in its state.

It not only destroyed the remake it destroyed the original classic.

Reforged literally killed 2 games one of which was one of the best RTS ever made. What a horrendous fuck up.

Alebrije

The last of us part 2?

Esta bien pendejo Joe.

TLOU 2 Is a Great game....

This youtuber, his analysis has declined a lot, he allows himself to be manipulated by the opinion of the people.

He is a comedy actor ....TLOU2 is a good game but the moment you compare it to TLOU1 the flaws are notorious specially the story. But as and stand alone game TLOU2 is one of the 2020 best games.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Angry joe ban from Reeee was the last straw for me from that place. I would have put it lower on the list (avengers was my #1) but yeah last of us 2 was a stinker If you got invested in the first. Prob would have been on my disappointing list and not worse game cause its a fine game, just let me down.

Last edited:

Tg89

The list is whatever and pretty inoffensive to me.

But Angry Joe is awful. Dunno how this guy became one of the most viewed video game personalities on that platform. Just an obnoxious wanker.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The last of us part II is a good sequel, personally there are many excellent moments and with a cinematographic feeling, I like the OST, the facial expressions, the graphics.

Honestly, I really like playing with Ellie and Abby, Abby is a good character and I hate that many people hate her.

My negative points is the fact of Joel's event, I share that they should not have ended it, also I would have liked that they could have more events of Ellie and Joel together, there are also moments in the part of the script that seem out of the ordinary, Until the last scenario it looks like a Max Payne 3 a TPS, but I loved Abby's moments and scenarios, especially the one with the rain.

The last of us Part 2 is an excellent game and for me along with its first game as one of the best I have played in my life in the top 100, it has flaws that yes, but it is not like the stupid Angry Joe say it is of the worst.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
He is a comedy actor ....TLOU2 is a good game but the moment you compare it to TLOU1 the flaws are notorious specially the story. But as and stand alone game TLOU2 is one of the 2020 best games.

In fact, I put my comment on the game, I am on vacation and will soon be hundreds of kilometers away from home.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I can understand that not everybody have to like story/narration or criticise pacing but putting this brilliant game in top 10 worst game list is simply retarded.
It's his opinion, when will people finally realize that and stop being triggered by everything on the Internet?

Roufianos

Well, TLOU 2 is the least I enjoyed any game last year, except maybe Valhalla. It's definitely not objectively one of the worst releases of 2020 though.

Last edited:

Dunki

TLOU2 was def a step down after the 1st, love how the sony fanboy losers on reeeeee are crying over it lol
The Problem and the reason why people think like that is because of how deep the game has fallen compared to the first one. We see the same here with Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk. People are extra salty because the fall was so deep down of what you have expected

scydrex

yes. both are amazing and people follow the hate train like sheep

To me GOT with the last season is a piece of crap to me. That killed the series for me. Haven't played TLOU 2 yet. When i get a PS5 someday i will.

Last edited:

Dunki

Watched it

Comparing TLOU2 to Game of Thrones Season 8 is.....accurate
I compare it more to Last Jedi because the "critic" score was much more inline with TLOU2 while the audience score more than mixed was. And both had some shitstorm about mimimi women.

Mozzarella

I enjoy Angry Joe content, his reviews have funny sketches and his critique (although feels that it relies on internet consensus) is still very good, detailed and simplified for everybody, its not an abstract 90 minute video that over analyze the game.
I like his video and i dont care about order or list, sometimes i disagree with a score he gave or a game i like he didnt like but no problem i still enjoy the videos.
Also apparently Joe Vargas doesnt care about TLOU2 awards given by Youtube channels with 10 subs and some unknown Instagram pages lol. Inflated af, I looked it up and its definitely inflated.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
You mustve hate him aswell when he gave Ghost of Tsushima 2020 GOTY
He plays the Youtube Lottery/Algorithm game. He is a lazy, narcissistic fat toe, who spends $1,500 on audio boards? (2x different ones) just to annoy everyone with his childish, stupid behavior.

He likes to fondle other Joe quite often and relies heavily on his two co-hosts who do the whole job "researching, video editing etc." for this weekly news show. He is lucky to have gullible-sheeps that finance his living style.

No ones takes him seriously. He is the guy who hates microtransactions, that´s the only good part of his persona.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I actually enjoyed TLOU2 quite a bit and still don't mind it being on Joe's list. Other Joe especially is hilarious and is enough reason for me to keep watching him.

Some people here are really pissy when it comes to Youtubers.

Airbus Jr

Banned
He plays the Youtube Lottery/Algorithm game. He is a lazy, narcissistic fat toe, who spends $1,500 on audio boards? (2x different ones) just to annoy everyone with his childish, stupid behavior.

He likes to fondle other Joe quite often and relies heavily on his two co-hosts who do the whole job "researching, video editing etc." for this weekly news show. He is lucky to have gullible-sheeps that finance his living style.

No ones takes him seriously. He is the guy who hates microtransactions, that´s the only good part of his persona.
Lazy narsisistic fat toe

Is that why his review are like 40-50 minutes long ? Doesnt sounds very lazy to me

Compared to ign or many other website who only spend...like..6-9 minutes tops for reviewing games?

Lets agree to disagree on this one

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Cyberpunk and TLoU are fun to hate but no where near deserving of being on this list... like it has to be for the memes right? Or is this guy that dumb/not play many games?

Airbus Jr

Banned
Cyberpunk and TLoU are fun to hate but no where near deserving of being on this list... like it has to be for the memes right? Or is this guy that dumb/not play many games?
You can come out and point different reviewer who put cyberpunk or tlou on their top 10

Watch ign top 10 2020 game which include cyberpunk and tlou and read people comments

"Lololo cy77 and tlou shit game, buggy game, shit game, disaster game development, druckieman fantasy, lesbian show etc"

Point is people will never happy no matter what the result and have different opinion

Look no further than here someone just made a thread about Doom Eternal is the most dissapointing 2020 game

Last edited:

Hestar69

Mabye you just have shitty friends? Again this was an observation on the internet not my friends. I have seen influencer like COH who normally 100% all his games end this game as fast as possible. I have seen more than a dozen streamer turn on all accessibility features after they reached Abbies part because they did not care anymore and it destroyed the complete Pacing of the game., It is like playing it twice.
Yup! I have shitty friends because they liked a game and some random streamers didn't. A game thats won 100's of awards and has a 93 meta score. LOL

TrainedRage

Banned
You can come out and point different reviewer who put cyberpunk or tlou on their top 10

Watch ign top 10 2020 game which include cyberpunk and tlou and read people comments

"Lololo cy77 and tlou shit game, buggy game, shit game, disaster game development, druckieman fantasy, lesbian show etc"

Point is people will never happy no matter what the result
There are so many worse games that came out. They put them on the lists for this outrage click shit, they know it gets views and stirred conversation. It’s just a bitch move. And it makes me take his opinions on games less seriously.

SCB3

So I like Joe, always have but sometimes his stuff makes no sense, how can Warcraft 3 be on here when he didn't play it, Matt McMuscles was the source for all that segment (and I fucking hate him and his soyboy voice) ? I don't disagree with most of the List, though I had fun with Avengers with over 100 hours played.

Last of Us 2 however is a good game with a lacklustre and stupid story, thats it, the gameplay fine is good, its a well playing game and some really nice setpieces (the last chapter though was completely pointless) but to call it one of the worst games of the year is just plain wrong

He played the game on Twitch so no it is not true. And if you do nto get invested this happens.
So did he walk away from the game and use the bathroom or not? I’m more inclined to believe he did do this and jump on the bandwagon...that’s been his whole schema for a good while now.

I would love to be proven wrong though.

Even as someone who was pretty disappointed in TLOU2 is does not deserve no2 lol. Cyberpunk should be higher on the list

Last edited:

NahaNago

Last of us 2 I get the hate but I do think that placing it at 2 is a bit to low. I'm guessing this placement is half because of the outrage over the game and the other half being the story since I doubt the visuals and gameplay were bad since it is from naughty dog. I tend to enjoy his reviews ,news, and opinions even if I don't have as much of an outrage that he does on topics.

Joe is a genius. Putting a PS exclusive on the list guarantees word of mouth and increased traffic because he knows the user base will lose their minds over someone not enjoying one of the platform exclusives.

This thread is exactly what he was likely going for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom