• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe - Top 10 WORST Games of 2020

SJRB

Gold Member
Lol if these were the worst games of 2020 then 2020 was a god-tier year for games as a whole.

He's mixing "most disappointing" with "worst" a bit too freely here.

Also Madden, a game he hates so much he literally made an hour long rage video about it, is at 8, while TLOU is at 2? C'mon Joe.

Banjo64

cumsessed
He's so getting roasted on a site starting with REEE for Nr.2 lol
He’s getting roasted on here for it sadly.

I don’t have an issue. The script is contrived as fuck, and like a shit soap opera. It’s just plainly a huge step down compared to the first game, which is a timeless masterpiece.

Should have called the list ‘most disappointing’ rather than ‘worst’ though.

I get that and understand the criticism.

Still think it's ridiculous to say it's the second worst game of the year. Looks like clickbait / catering to the trolls.

I don't think it belongs on the "Worst of" list either. But this is Angry Joe's schtick. I continue to be amazed by all the people who continue to be surprised by his format. He's actually a thoughtful dude but he has a business to run and some of that is based on drumming up trending discussions and clicks. It's all right there in the name of his channel: ANGRY Joe. 😉

Anywho, my firm belief is he knows it doesn't belong on the "Worst of" list but it was purposeful to make a point bc the story pissed him off THAT much. And it is his channel, after all. At the end of the day, a game review is just one person's opinion. But I think AJ and crew realize they have enough of a reach at this point to be a bit of a counterbalance, for better and worse (certainly for better when it comes to bullshit like microtransactions, loot boxes, the general direction of sports games, etc....). I don't think TLOU2 is a piece of shit by any means, but my guess is all of the arguably overdone, lavish praise it received probably offends people - AJ included - a little more simply because they were already offended by the narrative deviations.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The enjoyment of the game probably boils down to the enjoyment of the story.
However, with a more gamey type of mindset, the shoot-outs are fun and polished, you have to play resourceful, which gives it challenge, and technically it is one of the best-looking games ever. I don't care much for the "platforming" or "puzzles", but the shooting/survival-mix feels indeed very good and that is the majority of the gameplay. Therefore, I definitely don't agree with putting it so high up on his worst games of the year list. The thing is though, it's his list. Not my list. And seeing how many seem to get upset and toxic over it, it is all for the better I guess.

sncvsrtoip

I can understand that not everybody have to like story/narration or criticise pacing but putting this brilliant game in top 10 worst game list is simply retarded.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I don't like his youtube persona, but it definitely puts a smile on my face when someone from reeeeesetera, twitter or reddit is triggered in response to TLoU2 being criticized.

Last edited:
I loved Cyberpunk and I dont think tlou2 is a bad or worst 2020 game and I still like Joe because we all have different opinions and its fine to respect them. Hes an entertainer and he has a certain type of followers that would fit well with gaf and be on the complete opposite of resetera so you crying ass bitches complaining a dude did not like your favorite game should grow up.

j0hnnix

Worst game of 2020

#2 TLOU2

season 6 episode 26 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Considering Joe was playing a beta version of Cyberpunk I understand why it got on the list. Take the bugs away and it's a good game.

Strategize

"Anyone who doesn't share my opinion is dumb and biased"

Seems legit.
I literally said, it's okay to put it on disappointing if you want you absolute dribbling moron. But worst, yes that is indeed just objectively wrong. Even if TLOU2 was literally 5 mins long and only consisted of one scene, even if you hated that one scene it still wouldn't be in the top 10 worst games of 2020 just off the technical prowess of that one scene.

There are way more than 10 games each year that simply just don't work or only exist as a money grab despite being terrible in every single measurable way, Joe obviously knows this, he's an idiot but not that much of an idiot, he doesn't actually think TLOU2 is one of the worst games of the year, otherwise he would've gave it a 2/10 and not a 6 while praising aspects of it, he's just genuinely seething at the fact that it's still getting so much praise despite the attempts of so many to discredit it, therefore hyperbole. The worst games of the year are the ones that literally do no aspect of game construction well or only exist to push mircotransactions.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Is number 2 the game Sony has decided not to give a sales updates?
Sony hasn't released any sales data for any of their games lately after the first week.

I'm waiting to see the goalpost people move when they announce the game has sold 10 million units this year.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Is number 2 the game Sony has decided not to give a sales updates?
Last i heard it was around 6 million copies sold in december dont know how much it is now

Still far away from the original TLOU game which crossed over 17 million copies

It got outsold by Ghost of Tsushima

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Last i heard it was around 6 million copies sold dont know how much it is now

Still far away from the original TLOU which crossed 17 million copies

It got outsold by GoT
This is not true.

GoT is still way behind in sales. TLOU 1 sold 7 million in a year. TLOU 2 surpassed that in less than 7 months.

Lupingosei

Banned
Last i heard it was around 6 million copies sold dont know how much it is now

Still far away from the original TLOU which crossed 17 million copies

It got outsold by GoT
It is incredibly successful, why else would you get 2 Last of Us Part 2 for the prize of one Ghost of Tsushima on Amazon.

evanft

It is incredibly successful, why else would you get 2 Last of Us Part 2 for the prize of one Ghost of Tsushima on Amazon.

I refuse to believe that all of human evolution has actually lead to someone getting up in the morning and making this post.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

God of War was $18-$25 during the 2018 holiday and $25-$30 during January and February of 2019.

Tomeru

At this point, I believe that whoever hated TLoU2, felt that way because theu felt personally betrayed.

Which is pretty funny to me.

Oh well, we can't choose how we feel about games. No wait, we can.

Still funny.

Game is a masterpiece.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't think that's likely.

It's not on the Switch.
If Player Stats was an indication of anything, it it sold just over 7 million units since during the beginning of November.

Ever since the game has been $30, the sales have picked up. It's likely we'll see over 10 million units sold later this year.

Ogbert

If Player Stats was an indication of anything, it it sold just over 7 million units since during the beginning of November.

Ever since the game has been $30, the sales have picked up. It's likely we'll see over 10 million units sold later this year.
I was only being silly.

I'd expect it to have hit 10 million.

Dunki

I get that and understand the criticism.

Still think it's ridiculous to say it's the second worst game of the year. Looks like clickbait / catering to the trolls.
I have NEVER seen a game before that people wanted to get over with so fast that they activated ALL Accessibility features because they did not care at all anymore. And this was not just one Person.
It was certainly the worst letdown and if you think how far these developers have fallen in sections they were praised to heaven before I can totally see this being the worst game of 2020

Dunki

Cool Cyberpunk sold in 2 months over 10 Million digital copies alone. SAles are not a sign of Quality at all.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Cool Cyberpunk sold in 2 months over 10 Million digital copies alone. Does this now count as quality? Why is Fifa tehn not a AAAAAA game? Or COD?
The game being quality or not is a personal opinion.

Top Bottom