• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe Marvel Avenger's Review

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Great video as always, my brother refunded his to like he did with the 2nd and 3rd review copies. Sadly I played to much to get a refund.

Senua

The skits never disappoint

Corporate Commander lives on.
In many forms

yGtw4Os.png

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Thank god for that beta otherwise they would have sucked me and many others in and stolen our money.

Barnabot

I guess this review proved again that even catching turd with friends turns out to be a shit yet somewhat 'fun' chore. Even if it's turd catching chore. Just look at Joe and his friends having fun while playing the game.

Not that the game itself is a complete turd but close enough.

mcz117chief

Thank god for that beta otherwise they would have sucked me and many others in and stolen our money.
How? The game looked like an absolute ass since the first reveal, a mindless button-masher of the worst kind. You can have entertaining button mashers like Dynasty Warriors but this is just "press X to awesome" kind of bad. How could you possibly think, based on the footage we were shown, that the game could be anything more than the most basic cash grab?

Last edited:
So this is Anthem all over again then? A rushed, buggy, unfinished mess of a game, lacking in content (so they can sell it to you later), based around loot where the in-game loot is worthless and all of the cool shit is locked behind a microtransaction store. It's like the industry is just unable to learn from its mistakes.

Not sure it's a good look for a giant fanboy who cosplays all the time to have some sort of issue with people being excited for this game. Yeah, I guess it's a funny intro but Joe is guilty of the same type of shit, remember his Suicide Squad review? (He should never live that shit down)

Esca

So this is Anthem all over again then? A rushed, buggy, unfinished mess of a game, lacking in content (so they can sell it to you later), based around loot where the in-game loot is worthless and all of the cool shit is locked behind a microtransaction store. It's like the industry is just unable to learn from its mistakes.
Umm story missions and characters are free. The only things you can purchase work real cash is skins, emotes, nameplates, and unlocking tiers of your character card (sorta like a one time battle pass per character). The game is buggy, that much you got right

poodaddy

Give it time. The industry is quick to pick up trends and slow to learn from them, but it does eventually. When enough of these turds become very expensive flops, then they'll be forced to make adjustments to their design philosophies and development pipelines; their shareholders will see to that.

Top Bottom